Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• we need a striker ffs !!! Novak is suspended & Big Mag is injured - he may be back for Plymouth, but may be out for a week or two more (we all know what our physio team are like). Can't be playing KAG or Watt up front on their own if KR wants to play his favoured system.

completely agree, its the most urgent signing now. If we are serious about promotion, we need to get one in to compete with Magennis. The likes of Solly, Da Silva, Kashi and Holmes are all key players, and I feel we need another full back and winger, but the striker is the most desperate signing.
  • It wouldn't be ideal, but Clarke for a game or two could play the loan striker role.
  • It wouldn't be ideal, but Clarke for a game or two could play the loan striker role.

Possibly but only if Reeves is fit enough to play the number ten role

Maybe fine for this weekend but 100% need cover for the season. Can't expect Magennis to play every game and need to factor in knocks, suspensions and potential loss of form. If we don't have competition up top we are more than likely going to pay the price later in the season.

I'd rather Hanlon
  • J BLOCK said:

It wouldn't be ideal, but Clarke for a game or two could play the loan striker role.

I'd rather Hanlon
    As would I but he is injured.
  • IanJRO said:

It wouldn't be ideal, but Clarke for a game or two could play the loan striker role.

Maybe fine for this weekend but 100% need cover for the season. Can't expect Magennis to play every game and need to factor in knocks, suspensions and potential loss of form. If we don't have competition up top we are more than likely going to pay the price later in the season.
    I would like someone else as well, but we do have Novak as cover for Magennis once he's back from suspension. He'd be back for Rotherham on the 26th
  • Sage said:

SDAddick said:

Scoham said:

Not sure we'd still be in for him but Harry Forrester's been linked again.
    I think that's more a case of "we have been interested in him in the past." Robinson said after the Norwich game that having seen Dijksteel at right back he didn't feel we need further cover there. I'm inclined to agree as we also have Barnes and Charles-Cook who can play there, and Konsa who played there last season. Think it's to the point where signing another player would hinder their progress.
    Harry Forrester is a winger, he'd play one of the three behind the striker. Be instead of us signing Stewart for example. Would be good in League One.
    He'd be a good swap for Watt.
    I'm sure Tony would love to play for his home-town club.
    Coincidence that he was born in Milton Keynes ?
  • SDAddick said:

Scoham said:

I think that's more a case of "we have been interested in him in the past." Robinson said after the Norwich game that having seen Dijksteel at right back he didn't feel we need further cover there. I'm inclined to agree as we also have Barnes and Charles-Cook who can play there, and Konsa who played there last season. Think it's to the point where signing another player would hinder their progress.
    Forrester isn't a full-back, you are possibly being confused with Lee Hodson who we were linked with who is predominatly a right-back (both play for Rangers).

Even so, I still think we lack cover at full-back. Our only options to cover Solly are youngsters, and we have insufficient cover at left-back until Page is back.
    Yeah confused them sorry early morning posting.

Forrester looked decent when I've seen him. But are we really in need of another attacker?
  • Sage said:

SDAddick said:

Scoham said:

Harry Forrester is a winger, he'd play one of the three behind the striker. Be instead of us signing Stewart for example. Would be good in League One.
    Watt? Pretty sure he's Scottish... ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Scoham said:

Forrester isn't a full-back, you are possibly being confused with Lee Hodson who we were linked with who is predominatly a right-back (both play for Rangers).

Even so, I still think we lack cover at full-back. Our only options to cover Solly are youngsters, and we have insufficient cover at left-back until Page is back.

Forrester looked decent when I've seen him. But are we really in need of another attacker?
    I would say so yes.
  • We are in need of another front man who can hold the ball up, play off and to the three behind and score around 15 goals.

Simples.
  • SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Scoham said:

I would say so yes.
    On top of Fosu, Clarke, Reeves, Holmes, Marshall, KAG, Watt, and RCC who can play there as well and seemed to play well tonight? Aribo has also played in the 10 and out wide and JFC has played as a 10 as well. That's 7 players for three positions plus another 3 who can cover.
  • edited August 2017
    SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Scoham said:

I would say so yes.
    On top of Fosu, Clarke, Reeves, Holmes, Marshall, KAG, Watt, and RCC who can play there as well and seemed to play well tonight? Aribo has also played in the 10 and out wide and JFC has played as a 10 as well. That's 7 players for three positions plus another 3 who can cover.
    I dont think Aribo or JFC are number 10's. I see them 2 competing for the spot alongside Kashi as the more box to box CM.

Reeves and Clarke are obviously the 2 competing for the spot behind the striker.

Its the width thats the problem. When Marshalls fit, I think we have 3 good players in him, Holmes and Fosu. We would then have KAG and RCC to cover.

If Fosu and Holmes were out injured in a few weeks say, would you feel entirely comfortable with KAG and RCC playing down the wings against a decent League 1 side?

Perhaps I am being greedy, but if we wanted 2 players for each position, then I still feel we would benefit from another winger. RCC is versatile, and I am not sure what his best position is, whilst KAG is a striker playing out wide.

As I said, would be fine if Marshall was fit but he's out for a few months. I suspect Robinson feels the same as he wanted Mavididi.
  • Godden started tonight for Stevenage, not that I can see us forking out any money for players. KR is always very keen to point out how little we have spent this transfer window and how the right players can be bought in for free/minimal fees. Expecting a loan at the end of the window.
  • Scoham said:
    The same as he did when asked about us signing Reeves! !
  • Is he laughing off also that we need a striker and the season is underway?
  • Sponsored links:

• Is he laughing off also that we need a striker and the season is underway?

Come on give the man a break. We have won the first 2 games of the season our last what 7 in total. He is working withing his confines and working well a dig was not needed
    6 wins and a draw, 'Just win matches', indeed.
  • A win at home,
    A draw away,
    Brings promotion,
    Any day...
  • SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Scoham said:

We've got one. Reeco, Reeco, Reeco!
  • edited August 2017

I rarely make comments anymore but some on here are a bit too obsessed with the "cause", I would dearly love to see the club change hands but the Manager is now doing a good job here and is trying desperately hard to win over the fans.
    Give him a break for fucks sake...

Come on, are you mad? what on earth is the fun in that?
  • SexyDave said:

Sage said:

SDAddick said:

Scoham said:

Watt? Pretty sure he's Scottish... ;-)
    he meant Harry Forrester
  • think I'll wait till the end of the season to see if he's done a good job or not, if that's all right with you, ffs

Agreed but Harrys got a point. Things are looking positive so be nice to get behind him rather than giving him unnecessary stick!