Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Give hanlan a go up top on Tuesday

He's injured - didn't feature in any pre-season first team games.
  • Poyet just been released from that team in Uruguay or wherever it was.

Sad really.
  • _nam11 said:

Poyet just been released from that team in Uruguay or wherever it was.

Sad really.

Tried to run before he could walk.

Grass isn't always greener.

etc.
  • I would take him on a free if it's cheap wages. Back up to Kashi and JFC
  • Essex_Al said:

Dizzle said:

I would take him on a free if it's cheap wages. Back up to Kashi and JFC

I wouldn't!
    Nor me.
  • No thanks.
  • Dizzle said:

I would take him on a free if it's cheap wages. Back up to Kashi and JFC

Pass
  • Worth giving him a trial. Nothing more than that though.
  • Sponsored links:

• He made his decision. No thanks.
  • Just me then :smile:
  • KR might be tempted to offer Poyet something as he had him on loan at MK but then again he might be of the opinion once bitten.......Shame how he has fallen from grace as he was great for us when CP gave him his chance.
  • dickplumb said:

What is it with wanting old players back? Josh Wright, Diego Poyet.etc The only ex players I would want back are Harry Arter, Jemain Defoe, Jonjo Shelvey and Rob Elliott, and none of those will happen.

Not desperate for him to rejoin but giving him a trial has no downsides to me. If he's pants, we won't give him a contract.
  • It amazes me that Diego never succeeded with a father who should have loads of experience with which to guide his son.
  • dickplumb said:

What is it with wanting old players back? Josh Wright, Diego Poyet.etc The only ex players I would want back are Harry Arter, Jemain Defoe, Jonjo Shelvey and Rob Elliott, and none of those will happen.

Don't forget people wanting Wilson back too
  • dickplumb said:

I'd add Gomez and Lookman to that list as well.
    And jenkinson
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd have that Hales bloke back, knows how to score goals.
  • _nam11 said:

Poyet just been released from that team in Uruguay or wherever it was.

Sad really.

Tried to run before he could walk.

Grass isn't always greener.

etc.
    Poyet = Watt.

Different names, same problem.
  • And Yann.

I'd have the Poyet who left us the first time back but not sure where that player is now.

I agree.
    Regarding Poyet he must be a similar age to Watt.i wonder why these very talented young players can completely lose their way like these two have
  • dickplumb said:

I'd add Gomez and Lookman to that list as well.
    Randolph as well
  • Poyet is signing for Nacional who I'm pretty sure are a step up from the team he was at. I'm guessing they were forced to terminate it somehow.
  • I would take Dack back. Over Reeves, even.
  • It amazes me that Diego never succeeded with a father who should have loads of experience with which to guide his son.

His dad should've told his son to stay put for another season or so. They chased the shiney shiney and the rest is history.

Gus did, was fuming with his son when he joined West Ham whilst away on holiday, let's just say things were a bit frosite in Poyet household for sometime after