Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• tgarrat1 said:

i love tony watt, i will be so sad if he goes

bags of potential, could maybe play similar role to Clarke behind the striker..?
    There's only so long a player can have bags of potential before he's considered a wasted talent
  • It's more annoying that we've seen he has talent and yet doesn't have the attitude to get the best out of himself.

I'd much prefer an honest poor player like Church over a lazy talent like Watt. One works for the team and one works for himself.
  • Watt wouldn't get this many chances if he was the owner or CEO...
  • Scoham said:

Watt wouldn't get this many chances if he was the owner or CEO...

Um....did you forget :wink:
  • You could count the amount of good games Tony Watt has had for us. He is unable to apply himself. I hear people saying he has slimmed down this summer, well he was still first out of the bleep test. We cannot carry Tony anymore. There has never be any doubt that a good player lurks in there. Sadly the only person able to sort this out is himself and he, for whatever reason is unable to so.

If Tony leaving let's us bring a new head in, then it's tata Tone.
  • Beardface said:

JamesSeed said:

Was sitting opposite the half way line for this. It was the most memorable miss of the season. But also the most memorable run of the season.

If he'd scored we wouldn't even be in with a chance of getting him on loan.
    so behind the goal...?
    I nearly wrote 'I was sitting on the halfway line' but I knew someone would say 'literally?', and being a bit of a pedant myself....
  • Tony Watt is the biggest waste of wages in our squad, that's a squad that includes Naby Sarr.

agreed, I have seen him play well twice I think. Don't mind him going at all.
  • https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/28039/charlton-chief-cant-guarantee-prize-young-asset-will-not-move-transfer-window-closes/
    Karl Robinson is not ruling out Charlton prospect Ezri Konsa moving in the final weeks of the transfer window.
  • Scoham said:

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/28039/charlton-chief-cant-guarantee-prize-young-asset-will-not-move-transfer-window-closes/

Karl Robinson is not ruling out Charlton prospect Ezri Konsa moving in the final weeks of the transfer window.
    Cant say fairer than that really, he is being honest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/28039/charlton-chief-cant-guarantee-prize-young-asset-will-not-move-transfer-window-closes/

I agree, and if its true we have rejected 3.5mil, at least we are hopefully only going to accept a decent offer.

I still don't think we need 5 CBs but Lennon/Sarr are only good enough for 4th choice and it's nice to have 2 lefts and 2 rights. I don't mind us selling either Lennon or Sarr, and if Konsa goes, I think we would need a decent 3rd choice CB to compete with Pearce and Bauer for the starting berths.
  • Sarr has developed into a good player. He has to be ahead of Lennon now.
  • Crusty54 said:

Sarr has developed into a good player. He has to be ahead of Lennon now.

I would say so. Lennon has had a lot of injury problems and will never be more than a decent League 1 player IMO. I would prefer we got rid of him and signed a FB.
  • PopIcon said:

You could count the amount of good games Tony Watt has had for us. He is unable to apply himself. I hear people saying he has slimmed down this summer, well he was still first out of the bleep test. We cannot carry Tony anymore. There has never be any doubt that a good player lurks in there. Sadly the only person able to sort this out is himself and he, for whatever reason is unable to so.

If Tony leaving let's us bring a new head in, then it's tata Tone.

Is that not just the same as saying..."You could count."???
  • Crusty54 said:

Isnt Karl Robinson the first English boss that Naby has worked under since joining Charlton?

If so its probably one of the key factors in his education of the English game, i.e. He's now being told what to do and what to expect by someone who knows what the English game is about rather than a foreign manager telling him to play how Defenders act in the Portuguese | French | Belgian Leagues which is of course a different style
    Was Slade Japanese then? :wink:
  • Macronate said:

Crusty54 said:

Isnt Karl Robinson the first English boss that Naby has worked under since joining Charlton?

If so its probably one of the key factors in his education of the English game, i.e. He's now being told what to do and what to expect by someone who knows what the English game is about rather than a foreign manager telling him to play how Defenders act in the Portuguese | French | Belgian Leagues which is of course a different style
    Naby Sarr joined Red Star 93 on 21st June last year...

Slade joined on 6th June yet I dont think the players will have reported back from training by the 21st so never worked with him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Macronate said:

Crusty54 said:

Slade joined on 6th June yet I dont think the players will have reported back from training by the 21st so never worked with him.
    You're a font.
  • Macronate said:

Macronate said:

Crusty54 said:

You're a font.
    Nope I just used Wiki ;)
  • Alan Nixon
    Alan Nixon @reluctantnicko
    ·
    34m
    Arsenal. Stephy Mavididi has got his wish. Championship loan. Announced this evening. One to watch.
  • Scoham said:

Honest yes, but I hope it was in response to a journal's question as opposed to KR bringing it up himself.
  • “If a price comes in for Ez that is right, I don’t think you can say no. That’s not being negative or a lack of ambition.

Yes it is actually.

“If an offer comes in for anybody that is well above our valuation then you have to seriously think about it. But we haven’t had one.”

If you haven't had one (bid) then what the F are you going on about it for then. There is obviously already an agenda for it. what's up Karl you been told to balance Mr Presidents book.
  • It will not change, if any player shows promise and there is a good chance of making money, whoosh the Rat will sell .
  • Davo55 said:

“If a price comes in for Ez that is right, I don’t think you can say no. That’s not being negative or a lack of ambition.

Yes it is actually.

“If an offer comes in for anybody that is well above our valuation then you have to seriously think about it. But we haven’t had one.”

If you haven't had one (bid) then what the F are you going on about it for then. There is obviously already an agenda for it. what's up Karl you been told to balance Mr Presidents book.

I think they actually WANT to sell Konsa. All the waffle is to drum up further interest and trigger a bidding competition.
    I think you're probably right, unless the reporter asked the question, so he answered it.

But yes, it smells of he's for sale to me.
  • tgarrat1 said:

i love tony watt, i will be so sad if he goes

bags of potential, could maybe play similar role to Clarke behind the striker..?
    Yes played there in pre season and Karl has mentioned he has the qualities to play there. He may be useful in that role against teams we expect to dominate. He could have that little bit of trickery and skill to unlock a packed defence.
    Agree and one quality he does have is the ability to win the ball - that could be priceless in that position.

For me, I genuinely believe he has bags of talent - more importantly, as does KR - I pray KR is the man who finally gets Watt to realise his potential.
  • Omar Bogle is available.