Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• purdis said:

tgarrat1 said:

i love tony watt, i will be so sad if he goes

bags of potential, could maybe play similar role to Clarke behind the striker..?
    Yes played there in pre season and Karl has mentioned he has the qualities to play there. He may be useful in that role against teams we expect to dominate. He could have that little bit of trickery and skill to unlock a packed defence.
    Agree and one quality he does have is the ability to win the ball - that could be priceless in that position.

For me, I genuinely believe he has bags of talent - more importantly, as does KR - I pray KR is the man who finally gets Watt to realise his potential.
    We're in the good position now of not needing to rely in Watt. If Karl gets the best out of him and he starts playing well then it's a win win. If he doesn't then Tony is the only one who loses.
  • If we sell Konsa for the money being mentioned, then, ONCE AGAIN, we will be net sellers for the window.

Name the last time a team got promoted being net sellers window after window. You can't.
  • Delort just got an assist vs Monaco delort > Mbappe
  • If we sell Konsa for the money being mentioned, then, ONCE AGAIN, we will be net sellers for the window.

Name the last time a team got promoted being net sellers window after window. You can't.

Well if what was being said at the time was true, then it would be the time we sold Carl Jenkinson and funded our promotion squad with the money. Considering most purchases were apparently free..
  • Omar Bogle is available.

Or Matty Taylor. Proven at this level and shouldnt be that expensive.
    Id snap City's hand off if he's available
  • How about Matt Godden?
  • Now Delort has scored!
  • edited August 2017
    Crusty54 said:

Sarr has developed into a good player. He has to be ahead of Lennon now.

What in? the queue for the showers?
  • Sponsored links:

• How about Matt Godden?

Seeing that Ollie Watkins (Exeter to Brentford) cost £1.8m I reckon he'd be out of our price range
  • How about Amadou Bakayoko from Walsall? 3rd and last time I will mention him until the next window - honest!

21 and scored 10 in his first season. Their YPOTY and meets the height test at 6'3".

Better than a loan Rolly - could earn you a £ or two!
  • edited August 2017

Now Delort has scored!

Bloody hell Robinson, are your scouts on strike or something!
  • Now Delort has scored!

Bloody hell Robinson, are your scouts on strike or something!
    Yeah I did tell you lot watt was off
  • edited August 2017
    Marty Fryatt is without a club. Surely worth a trial for a league one club?
  • Marty Fryatt is without a club. Surely worth a trial for a league one club?

He has not played for 2 years due to injury.
  • Redrobo said:

How about Amadou Bakayoko from Walsall? 3rd and last time I will mention him until the next window - honest!

21 and scored 10 in his first season. Their YPOTY and meets the height test at 6'3".

But only 4 goals in 54 appearances in League One over his career, over three years. He scored 6 in 4 non-league matches last year but just 4 in 39 in the actual league. Not sure why suddenly he is going to score a lot more by coming here. Ajose has far better numbers in League One.
  • Redrobo said:

How about Amadou Bakayoko from Walsall? 3rd and last time I will mention him until the next window - honest!

But only 4 goals in 54 appearances in League One over his career, over three years. He scored 6 in 4 non-league matches last year but just 4 in 39 in the actual league. Not sure why suddenly he is going to score a lot more by coming here. Ajose has far better numbers in League One.
    Ha, that is the problem with judging a player using stats!!

He is their young player of the year for a reason and for me it says more as to where he currently is than stats of when he was a 17 year old kid coming on for a few minutes at the end of a game.

I think all his goals were shots so maybè not the type of player you may expect. I can't find a utube of him promoting himself, but there are a few of his goals. Comes across as a decent person as well.

Funny you should mention Ajose, he scored both goals when we beat them 2-1. Watt when we drew 1-1.
  • edited August 2017

• http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/15455937.Free_agent_training_with_Charlton/

Martin training with us but wants first team football. Him coming in would allow Phillips to go out on loan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/15455937.Free_agent_training_with_Charlton/

Martin training with us but wants first team football. Him coming in would allow Phillips to go out on loan.

If he wants First-Team Football surely all Football League clubs should have their first pick Goalkeepers signed by now?

Another case like Reeves; Why arent clubs queuing up to sign him?
  • Scoham said:

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/15455937.Free_agent_training_with_Charlton/

If he wants First-Team Football surely all Football League clubs should have their first pick Goalkeepers signed by now?

Another case like Reeves; Why arent clubs queuing up to sign him?
    To be fair it sounded like clubs were queueing up for Reeves. But agree on Martin. He's been with us on and off for a month and still hasn't done enough. Don't see him being better than an in form Amos. I'd appreciate the cover and the ability to send Phillips somewhere to play regularly, but it feels like it's not gonna happen with Martin.
  • But Gobbo was insisting earlier in the week that Martin was sorted out elsewhere....lazy journalism perhaps?
  • Not a rumour but Jodi Jones got a hatrick today against Notts County. Wonder if we will go back in for him at some point after being heavily linked a few seasons back
  • No Magennis or Novak for next few matches. Usain Bolt anyone?
  • Magennis is expecting to be back for Plymouth
  • edited August 2017
    Robinson says Magennis is out for two weeks, in his interview with Louis Mendez. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05bmdbl
  • Valley11 said:

Robinson says Magennis is out for two weeks, in his interview with Louis Mendez. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05bmdbl

Josh told me he should be fine for next week after the game
  • Quality interview with Mr Robertson. Respect.