Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Let's hope it's more Mad Max than Babe: Pig In The City
  • Sage said:

I believe it's George Miller. Recently signed for Middlesbrough from Bury having scored 7 in 29 in the league last season.

Should make us popular with the referees if nothing else.
  • (latter is a great great film but...you know what I mean)

(I should have just said Happy Feet shouldn't I)
  • _nam11 said:

It's agreed! Lovely.

Hang on, how tall is he?

Around 6ft
  • Tony watt looks like he could be off again, fans on twitter giving him grief and he's stuck an instagram post up of him at Cardiff, if he is off then that was a complete waste of pre season for us and him.
  • dickplumb said:

Sage said:

I believe it's George Miller. Recently signed for Middlesbrough from Bury having scored 7 in 29 in the league last season.

It is indeed.

I apologise if you have been told not to say anything into the public domain @dickplumb but I am sure the news won't scupper any potential deal.

What I am surprised about is that it's another young striker instead of someone a bit more proven after missing out on Mavididi. The good news is of course, he has played and scored at this level, albeit not started many games at all. He is however highly thought of so we shall see if this comes to fruition.
  • Is Miller any good ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Is Miller any good ?

Turning 19 next week. Middlesbrough have bought him for the future in mind. But for someone who made I believe 5 or 6 starts last season, the rest off the bench, for a side that almost went down, to score 7 goals is decent. He does look very skinny but give him time and he could be a very good player. Whonknoes with young players but he has pedigree.
  • Tony watt looks like he could be off again, fans on twitter giving him grief and he's stuck an instagram post up of him at Cardiff, if he is off then that was a complete waste of pre season for us and him.

Good riddance , although you can't help feeling that Warnock will get something out of him. There's nothing to suggest he'd do anything for us
  • edited August 2017
  • I hate the regime but to have the squad we do going into the season very much excites me!!
  • Is Miller any good ?

A tad Dusty ....
  • Sage said:

This deserves a Promote. Great find
  • I would drive Tony Watt to his next club for free.

What a waste of wages. Telling that his highlight is keeping it in a corner for 3 minutes after two seasons with us.
  • SDAddick said:

Sage said:

dickplumb said:

Sage said:

It is indeed.

I apologise if you have been told not to say anything into the public domain @dickplumb but I am sure the news won't scupper any potential deal.

What I am surprised about is that it's another young striker instead of someone a bit more proven after missing out on Mavididi. The good news is of course, he has played and scored at this level, albeit not started many games at all. He is however highly thought of so we shall see if this comes to fruition.
    What we're looking at with him is probably a second or third choice center forward. It's really hard to find someone who has the tools to play that lone forward role in this division, but it's especially hard to find someone content to being second or third choice, especially since KR seems happy with the first two choices. As such, a young player from a bigger club is the most likely outcome.

I also think it's worth noting that Arsenal, Chelsea, and potentially Middlesbrough are willing to send good young players to us on loan. To me that means that Robinson is well thought of within the game, at least for developing young players, even if he's not your personal cup of tea.
    Absolutely. And I totally agree with you that he is highly thought of within the game. If they're good enough, whether they're our players or not, if they're able to improve us, I am all for it.

Getting in a young player I suppose was always going to happen as you said, it would be very hard to have another striker who will probably be 3rd of 4th choice who is experienced, at the end of the day, we are in League One and that's how football works.
  • Sponsored links:

• I would drive Tony Watt to his next club for free.

What a waste of wages. Telling that his highlight is keeping it in a corner for 3 minutes after two seasons with us.

Indeed, he is looking more and more like a supermarket shelf stacker masquerading as a professional footballer.

Unless I'm mistaken he is still running down the contract he received when he left Celtic - all be it that SL passed it on to us.

He has been out on loan three times with us and once with SL and none of those clubs, including Celtic, wanted to keep him.

After that Forest game he became one of my heroes but, you're right, he's done nothing since, at a total of four clubs, to justify his wages.

Time will tell but I'd be surprised if he is still a pro footballer in five years time.
  • He can't have been in that shirt more than a few minutes and already that smile is starting to slip off his face. You can actually see the Chartlonisation taking hold
    Negative vibes, man.
  • JamesSeed said:

Was sitting opposite the half way line for this. It was the most memorable miss of the season. But also the most memorable run of the season.

If he'd scored we wouldn't even be in with a chance of getting him on loan.
    so behind the goal...?
  • Maybe he's off to Indonesia to take Carlton Cole's role as the laziest player in the team.
  • I wouldn't have been against us signing Miller permanently as 3rd/4th choice striker as he seems highly-rated. But I think we need better to compete with Magennis and Novak this season