Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• A shame the Will Grigg rumours last year went nowhere, would be perfect. I do think Magennis is capable of getting 20 in a season with what is a much improved midfield, hopefully Novak can turn it round too
  • Magennis had a spell before his injury where he was unplayable. If he stays fit he can easily get 20 goals

He has got every attribute a good league 1 striker needs, just needs to be a tad more clinical
  • Dazzler21 said:

Is Miller any good ?

a bit light...
    Good on corners though
  • A shame the Will Grigg rumours last year went nowhere, would be perfect. I do think Magennis is capable of getting 20 in a season with what is a much improved midfield, hopefully Novak can turn it round too

Think Novak is good enough...needs a run of games to find some rhythm & potential form but with Magennis in front of him on the pecking order..he will obviously struggle to find those things!
  • The George Miller deal is not close. If it happens it will be towards the end of the transfer window.
  • I would drive Tony Watt to his next club for free.

What a waste of wages. Telling that his highlight is keeping it in a corner for 3 minutes after two seasons with us.

Be careful SELR we know Tony likes his reviews he may give your driving a critic
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

Is Miller any good ?

a bit light...
    Good on corners though
    Quite jammy when he mixes it up in the box
  • Still believe that Tony Watt has a lot to offer seems fitter and more focused this season according to Robinson so hope we see the rewards of that rather than another team. Personally hope he stays and thrives has undoubted ability.

I endorse that sentiment but history and the fact TW doesn't really fit into Robinsons preferred formation makes me think we won't be getting the best out of TW.

On that basis I'd prefer us to let him go and get in someone that has a better chance of helping the cause.

Hope he gets his head sorted and turns it all around. He is a talent no doubt.

• You know when the CL population is happy as the moaning stops and the puns takeover.
  • cfgs said:

You know when the CL population is happy as the moaning stops and the puns takeover.

I don't get that one...
  • some unpronounceable chap from Benin - currently at Cardiff - mooted elsewhere.

6'3" before anyone asks

decent scoring record except when at Cardiff
  • edited August 2017
    Swisdom said:

some unpronounceable chap from Benin - currently at Cardiff - mooted elsewhere.

6'3" before anyone asks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frédéric_Gounongbe

spent most of his career in Belgium and is Belgian. And you thought Thomas had gone away ........

• Swisdom said:

6'3" before anyone asks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frédéric_Gounongbe
    Swap deal with Watt?
  • Swisdom said:

6'3" before anyone asks

Goo-nong-bay isn't exactly unpronounceable
  • Sponsored links:

• _MrDick said:

sam3110 said:

Swisdom said:

6'3" before anyone asks

Didn't he used to have his own dance band?
    I thought it was a beach in Cornwall
    Devon actually
  • Is Miller any good ?

Must be. He's had a pub in Bexley village named after him!! :wink:
  • TelMc32 said:

Is Miller any good ?

Must be. He's had a pub in Bexley village named after him!! :wink:
    Be great if he makes his debut at the same time as Matt Carter
  • sam3110 said:

Swisdom said:

6'3" before anyone asks

It is when you don't have it written down, have no time to look it up and only read it in passing at 4am this morning.
  • i love tony watt, i will be so sad if he goes

bags of potential, could maybe play similar role to Clarke behind the striker..?
  • tgarrat1 said:

i love tony watt, i will be so sad if he goes

bags of potential, could maybe play similar role to Clarke behind the striker..?
    Yes played there in pre season and Karl has mentioned he has the qualities to play there. He may be useful in that role against teams we expect to dominate. He could have that little bit of trickery and skill to unlock a packed defence.
  • Potentials there for Tony Watt, he has clearly made an effort to trim down and get match fit. I think this will be a make or break 6 months for him. If he doesn't perform, he will be gone in January.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Is Miller any good ?

a bit light...
    Coor (s)