Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• tgarrat1 said:

I would like to see the CARD lot try and moan about the transfer dealings this summer? Sure there will still be something to moan about.

Don't get me wrong I am fully against the regime but you cannot fault the dealings done this summer, alright they've dragged out but it's not FIFA and as simple as click and collect.

For the first time in a long time I am looking forward to a Saturday... I'll see how i feel sunday

Don't forget your tampon.
  • edited August 2017
    Redhenry said:

Martin should be next, not sure why it's taking so long

Need a club to send Phillips on loan to?
  • It's agreed! Lovely.

Hang on, how tall is he?
  • Redhenry said:

Because Katrien.
  • iamdan said:

tgarrat1 said:

I would like to see the CARD lot try and moan about the transfer dealings this summer? Sure there will still be something to moan about.

Don't get me wrong I am fully against the regime but you cannot fault the dealings done this summer, alright they've dragged out but it's not FIFA and as simple as click and collect.

For the first time in a long time I am looking forward to a Saturday... I'll see how i feel sunday

Don't forget your tampon.
    10/10
  • Another great signing. This has to be one of the most offensive teams for some years.

We're loaded on attacking mids but still a bit light up front if you ask me. Magennis is going to be key to how we do.
    THIS, wholeheartedly. Wouldn't mind getting rid of Watt and bringing in another striker now.
  • Sponsored links:

• _nam11 said:

It's agreed! Lovely.

Hang on, how tall is he?

How tall is Frodo?

• Valley11 said:

Two year deal

Two years? That sucks.

If he does well, he will demand (and get) a transfer this time next year because the option is to lose him on a free, if we don't. The fact we could only get him for 2 years was probably his idea, as he wants to get out the moment a better offer comes along.

This feels love a loan, now.
    I think that's a bit far. At the end of the day, we are a bit of a joke club at the minute. I don't believe anybody with real ambition would be keen on us anyway.

If we get promoted this season, I suspect Reeves would be happy to sign an extension. If we don't and he has a good season, would you begrudge him stepping up to the Champ elsewhere?
  • Valley11 said:

Two year deal

Two years? That sucks.

If he does well, he will demand (and get) a transfer this time next year because the option is to lose him on a free, if we don't. The fact we could only get him on a 2-year was probably his idea, as he wants to get out the moment a better offer comes along. He was waiting for a better one all this time, anyway, which is why it took forever.

This feels like a loan, now.
    Just like Holmes and JBG before him. Depends on a lot of things - how he performs, what league we're in, who the manager is etc.
  • Well this is CL we should expect such comments
  • Another great signing. This has to be one of the most offensive teams for some years.

Certainly the most offensive owners for a long time
  • dickplumb said:

Reeves has only just joined and now we are talking of him leaving. Bizarre.

I would argue we've neared peak CL. I'd like to add that he might be leaving next year on a train to try to get us over the line.
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

This needs to be announced before 4:30. I'm getting on a plane and can't handle the suspense of not knowing before take Off! ;)

Sort it out Olly. Before 4:30 you hear me?

Can relax a little flights delayed by 15 mins. Classic easy jet. 4:45 Olly

This needs to be announced before 4:30. I'm getting on a plane and can't handle the suspense of not knowing before take Off! ;)

Sort it out Olly. Before 4:30 you hear me?

Can relax a little flights delayed by 15 mins. Classic easy jet. 4:45 Olly
    Still delayed. Better announce this soon as I'm proper fuming....
    Don't worry, with my experience with Easy Jet you have anywhere from another hour to eternity.
    Ohh I'm an experienced easyjetter I know... wost thing is I've run out of free airport Wi-Fi so now I'm ploughing through my data....
    Whenever I've flown budget airlines (mostly small twin propeller planes here in the states which are incredibly scary), I prepare myself for the fact that, mid flight, the captain could come on the PA system and say "ladies and gentlemen I regret to inform you that we are no longer a company effective immediately. We will be landing shortly." Then we land straight away, in the middle of nowhere, and everybody just wanders off into the wilderness.

It's why I try to bring a tent and some MREs in my carry on.
    Three things. First budget airlines in Europe now include the likes of British Airways, which has less seat room than Ryanair and don't give you food either. Second the planes on Ryanair and Queasyjet are pretty new, and proper jets. Third, we don't really have any wildernesses*. Certainly nothing to compare with Nebraska!
    *While this should properly be in th eweird/useless facts thread, we do have a desert in the UK. It's the Dungeness peninsula in Kent, which has been officially designated as desert by the Met Office.
  • My twopeneth (sp), for what its worth. Happy to see Reeves has signed and so far we cant complain at the transfer dealings this close season. Yes, some have taken a lot longer than expected, but hey that's life sometimes. The big question for me is what happens if Watt goes? We are short of bodies in the 9 position, I was hoping we would get Mavadidi but that doesn't seem to be happening now. If we are playing to KR's favourite formation we do need a back-up to Mag and Novak, if not someone better!
    Question is where is that elusive extra number 9? For me the jury is out on how good we are, Saturday should give us a clue, but win, draw or lose, I wont be judging until 1st Sept. By then the window is shut and we have what we have, so all I ask is let's not be too quick to judge one way or the other, we have a total of 6 games in August (all comps), come 31/8/17 we should have a better idea of where we are. So am I glass half full or glass half empty? Well as I sit here tonight I'm glass half full, lets hope it full come May 18!!

We're short in the number 13 position and about to lack a number 32 ;-)

I jest to you, RM; I agree with you completely
  • I'm pleasantly surprised that:

Kashi is fit and not sold and reported to be looking as good as I remembered him

Konsa is not yet sold (this may change)

Holmes has signed again

Reeves has signed

Da Silva on loan

Even crofts as backup

I am worried about cover for magennis as Novak did look like a waste of (too much) space last year but maybe he has turned himself around and is now fit.

Overall though I think the club appears to have improved communications, website, balance of team. Even though I haven't set foot in the Valley since May, the overall feeling is more positive, and that's good whether you give a shot about the owner and management of the club or not.

Well done the club, including Katrien and Karl. Sign a decent striker as cover or as first team ahead of magennis and that's an 8 out of 10.

Sell Konsa and fail to get in a striker and that's a 6.

Given my expectation was around a 4 out of 10, that's one big percentage improvement. Silver star.
  • Redhenry said:

I would think Martin would not be coming seeing as KR has made it clear he would be No 2 and I cannot see him liking that with his experience unless he can't get another club to sign him. KR also said that Martin is training with us and he knows where he is going
  • Dickplumb do you know anything else about the striker we are after ??