Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Wouldn't it be great if we had that small black guy that used to play for us upfront with TW, what's his name...?

Simon Church?
    Carl Leaburn
  • Beardface said:

Scoham said:

cafc4life said:

Imagine getting rid of watt aswel . Need 2 strikers as it, 3 if he goes. Fucking joke of a club if they let this happen. It don't matter how many wide players you got if you got no strikers.

Can't see him going without a replacement coming in. KR will be playing a lone striker, we don't need 5.
    Well we have Novak as well so that's 2, but we definitely need another striker, certainly for games when things aren't going so well and we need to change it and put 2 up front.
    We have Magennis up front and Clarke who has regularly played there in his career. We also have Novak, Watt, KAG and Hanlan. If Watt goes then we need a replacement. But if not then we've got enough and it's a matter of upgrades rather than additional bodies. Otherwise we wI'll have too many in that position to reasonably accommodate.
    if you are relying on KAG and Hanlon then you can kiss goodbye to promotion

You've conveniently missed the mention of Magennis, Novak, Clarke and Watt. No one is suggesting we're relying on KAG or Hanlan. We're just not irrationally demanding a squad with 8 strikers, 6 of whom would consider they should be in the starting lineup (Magennis, Clarke, Novak, Watt, plus 2 new signings as suggested).
  • Beardface said:

Scoham said:

cafc4life said:

Imagine getting rid of watt aswel . Need 2 strikers as it, 3 if he goes. Fucking joke of a club if they let this happen. It don't matter how many wide players you got if you got no strikers.

Can't see him going without a replacement coming in. KR will be playing a lone striker, we don't need 5.
    Well we have Novak as well so that's 2, but we definitely need another striker, certainly for games when things aren't going so well and we need to change it and put 2 up front.
    We have Magennis up front and Clarke who has regularly played there in his career. We also have Novak, Watt, KAG and Hanlan. If Watt goes then we need a replacement. But if not then we've got enough and it's a matter of upgrades rather than additional bodies. Otherwise we wI'll have too many in that position to reasonably accommodate.
    Problem is that Novak, Kag, Hanlon, Kennedy & anybody else currently on our books that plays ahead of the defence are just not prolific enough to get the goals we need to get out of this league.
    As suggested then you're asking for upgrades not additional signings. A big difference when striving for a balanced squad.
  • Wouldn't it be great if we had that small black guy that used to play for us upfront with TW, what's his name...?

Neymar?
  • dickplumb said:

We are after a young Championship striker on loan. He signed for a Championship Club this Summer. I haven't been given a name but he scored 7 goals in 28 games for his previous club.

the Orient guy who recently signed for Norwich maybe
  • Daily Star reporting we are signing Mavididi on season long loan

Which Buxom beauty announced it?
    Sue, 67 from Charlton.
    Genius
  • dickplumb said:

We are after a young Championship striker on loan. He signed for a Championship Club this Summer. I haven't been given a name but he scored 7 goals in 28 games for his previous club.

Already been loaned back to Orient.
  • Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

Already been loaned back to Orient.
    Not him then
  • dickplumb said:

No, back to the O's on a season long loan

Igor?

Deon Burton?
  • If you're going to name just any black striker I'll just name any small one. Super Clive!
  • dickplumb said:

Can't find any player that fits this description
  • edited August 2017
    sam3110 said:

dickplumb said:

Same i just spent far too long sifting through this summer's transfers. :(
  • Feel a bit sorry for Novak. He's not great but he's being written off so effortlessly. Imagine him reading all this! He'll score the winner against Rovers and do the ear cup thing again and then he'll never play another game for us :cry:
  • dickplumb said:

All under 23 year old forwards signed by Championship clubs this summer (excluding high transfer fees) according to the highly reputable transfermarkt...

Tristan Abrahams (Norwich) signed from Leyton Orient
    Josh Harrop (Preston) signed from Man Utd
    Sean Maguire (Preston) signed from Cork
    Nathan Thomas (Sheff Utd) signed from Hartlepool
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

dickplumb said:

Same...

Closest I found was Brock-Madsen at Birmingham, scored 7 in 23 on loan last season and is available for loan again...

Although he signed for Brum in 2015.

Who knows!
  • I can't find anyone fitting that description either. Crap rumour ;-)
  • When asked about Reeves, Robinson added: “He stayed in Greenwich last night so people will put two and two together.
  • Ben18 said:

dickplumb said:

All under 23 year old forwards signed by Championship clubs this summer (excluding high transfer fees) according to the highly reputable transfermarkt...

Tristan Abrahams (Norwich) signed from Leyton Orient
    Josh Harrop (Preston) signed from Man Utd
    Sean Maguire (Preston) signed from Cork
    Nathan Thomas (Sheff Utd) signed from Hartlepool
    You're assuming the striker is under 23 though, dickplumb might be 75 years old in which case any striker in the country will be young.
  • dickplumb said:

Is the answer Kanu?
  • edited August 2017
    Pu Edam?
  • KR seems pretty confident he's getting his man here

• Cameron Stewart currently training with Oldham and played for them against a Man Utd 11 the other night .
  • Richard J said:

Cameron Stewart currently training with Oldham and played for them against a Man Utd 11 the other night .</

I heard he was actually training with the Man Utd under 11s

• Stewart isn't what we need. Good