Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Hope we can get Reeves over the line.

Disappointed about Stephy but I hope we can get Stewart in until Jan to cover Marshalla injury. The plus side of that is he won't be able to have too many issues if he is 3rd or 4th choice whereas arsenal might have issues with Stephy being left out.

I see Watt being used more behind the striker than leading the line. He has been used there in pre season. Alternatively him coming off the bench if we want to change the system and force it could be very effective. I'd like to keep him.
  • It's only taken seven months. That's pretty quick for Katrien.
    good job it didn't involve a £198m fee, £500k pw wages and the Qatari's otherwise it would have taken seven years.
  • as I see it our only problem this season is the lack of a decent goalscorer and we'll be in big trouble if Magennis get's injured.
  • Scoham said:

cafc4life said:

Imagine getting rid of watt aswel . Need 2 strikers as it, 3 if he goes. Fucking joke of a club if they let this happen. It don't matter how many wide players you got if you got no strikers.

Can't see him going without a replacement coming in. KR will be playing a lone striker, we don't need 5.
    Well we have Novak as well so that's 2, but we definitely need another striker, certainly for games when things aren't going so well and we need to change it and put 2 up front.
  • Scoham said:

cafc4life said:

Imagine getting rid of watt aswel . Need 2 strikers as it, 3 if he goes. Fucking joke of a club if they let this happen. It don't matter how many wide players you got if you got no strikers.

Can't see him going without a replacement coming in. KR will be playing a lone striker, we don't need 5.
    Well we have Novak as well so that's 2, but we definitely need another striker, certainly for games when things aren't going so well and we need to change it and put 2 up front.
    Does KR actually know that you are allowed to do that?
  • Scoham said:

cafc4life said:

Surely there will be times when you mix it up and look to play 4-4-2 tho? Imagine a whole season with just Magennis and Novak as your strikers. Sometimes you've got to have a plan B and C in football. We haven't got that and getting rid of 1 of our remaining 3 strikers isn't a step in the right direction
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

cafc4life said:

We have Magennis up front and Clarke who has regularly played there in his career. We also have Novak, Watt, KAG and Hanlan. If Watt goes then we need a replacement. But if not then we've got enough and it's a matter of upgrades rather than additional bodies. Otherwise we wI'll have too many in that position to reasonably accommodate.
  • Beardface said:

Scoham said:

cafc4life said:

We have Magennis up front and Clarke who has regularly played there in his career. We also have Novak, Watt, KAG and Hanlan. If Watt goes then we need a replacement. But if not then we've got enough and it's a matter of upgrades rather than additional bodies. Otherwise we wI'll have too many in that position to reasonably accommodate.
    if you are relying on KAG and Hanlon then you can kiss goodbye to promotion

• Sage said:

Reeves was always going to be signing today, which is fantastic news as he is going to be a top class player for us this season.

I am more disappointed that Mavididi looks set to be going to Preston, I really thought he would set this league alight if he joined.

There's also no point in Watt going if we haven't got a decent striker lined up to come in.

You seem to be under the impression that this lot do logic.
  • I still think a striker will come in.
  • Okay, KR wanted Reeves and has him so I'm happy the manager is getting players he wants. A striker an back up keeper now would be good, and no silly sales. Watt can go but we need a decent replacement loned up first.
  • Sponsored links:

• if we get reeves and a striker ...i can still see a few going out on loan and a deadline day konsa or Kashi sale

• Beardface said:

Scoham said:

cafc4life said:

Problem is that Novak, Kag, Hanlon, Kennedy & anybody else currently on our books that plays ahead of the defence are just not prolific enough to get the goals we need to get out of this league.
  • Out of the youth players i'd like to Hackett-Fairchild given a go, in maybe the checkatrade and league cup. Looks a player
  • Wouldn't it be great if we had that small black guy that used to play for us upfront with TW, what's his name...?
  • edited August 2017

Wouldn't it be great if we had that small black guy that used to play for us upfront with TW, what's his name...?

Kevin Lisbie? - Reza?
  • Wouldn't it be great if we had that small black guy that used to play for us upfront with TW, what's his name...?

Garth Crooks
  • Wouldn't it be great if we had that black guy that used to play for us up front, what's his name...?

Mark McCammon

• We are after a young Championship striker on loan. He signed for a Championship Club this Summer. I haven't been given a name but he scored 7 goals in 28 games for his previous club.