Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/15448812.Charlton_boss_explains_why_Reeves_deal_is_taking_so_long/

Touch and go whether Reeves will sign I would say reading that. I'm feeling less optimistic with every day that passes.

• JamesSeed said:

Reeves obviously has a very high opinion of himself.
    The trouble is that at best he is a lower table Championship / League 1 player and clubs are not exactly falling over themselves to pay the money that he believes that he is worth.

The season starts in 4 days and even if someone signs him I doubt that he is anywhere near match fit. He has missed a complete pre season training and will be playing catch up until the middle of September.

I hope that Charlton tell him that they are not interested.

I'd tell Reeves to f*** off.

Are we so desperate to sign somebody who appears not too interested in signing for us?
    So have either of you met this 'obviously' big headed Reeves character then?
    His head does look big in photos but mine is massive, it runs in the family.
  • seth plum said:

When I spoke to MKD fans they said Reeves was their best player. Watching him, especially at their place last season (1-0 Lookman) he was not above making errors, but his decision making was decent I thought. He also struck me as a player who takes responsibility during the game.
    After all theses shenanigans he may disappoint some initially (if he joins) but we may have to wait a couple of months to see his real quality.
    My paranoid thought (after Robinson post Ipswich) is that Kashi might leave if we sign Reeves which would be a huge setback. I want that idea to remain the paranoid ramblings of Seth.

I didn't realise Kashi only signed a three year contract (in July 2015), meaning he is entering his last year of that. I thought he was on a 4/5 year contract and that a year of him performing as he did at the start a couple of years ago could equate to a healthy fee for the club at the end of the year. As this is his last year, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Reeves in = Kashi out, which would be highly disappointing.
    Methinks thou thinketh too mucheth.
  • JamesSeed said:

The trouble is that at best he is a lower table Championship / League 1 player and clubs are not exactly falling over themselves to pay the money that he believes that he is worth.

The season starts in 4 days and even if someone signs him I doubt that he is anywhere near match fit. He has missed a complete pre season training and will be playing catch up until the middle of September.

Are we so desperate to sign somebody who appears not too interested in signing for us?
    So have either of you met this 'obviously' big headed Reeves character then?
    Shall I repeat the Luzon line?
  • JamesSeed said:

seth plum said:

When I spoke to MKD fans they said Reeves was their best player. Watching him, especially at their place last season (1-0 Lookman) he was not above making errors, but his decision making was decent I thought. He also struck me as a player who takes responsibility during the game.
    After all theses shenanigans he may disappoint some initially (if he joins) but we may have to wait a couple of months to see his real quality.
    My paranoid thought (after Robinson post Ipswich) is that Kashi might leave if we sign Reeves which would be a huge setback. I want that idea to remain the paranoid ramblings of Seth.

I didn't realise Kashi only signed a three year contract (in July 2015), meaning he is entering his last year of that. I thought he was on a 4/5 year contract and that a year of him performing as he did at the start a couple of years ago could equate to a healthy fee for the club at the end of the year. As this is his last year, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Reeves in = Kashi out, which would be highly disappointing.
    Methinks thou thinketh too mucheth.
    Isn't that what pre-season is for-eth?
  • DA9DA9
    edited August 2017

Have you spoken to Reeves and know that he isn't interested in signing for us? If you have then you're more than welcome to tell him where to go but i suspect you know nothing so i suggest you don't tell him where to go as he is a very good football player.

Do you honestly think these contracts are easy to sort out? I'm no fan of the regime at all but i do understand that signing a footballer isn't an easy job.

Have a bit of common sense man.
    Behave yourself.

Luzon signed for us in 48 hours, and was brought in from another country.

Open your eyes man.
    But, Luzon, had been, or was still part of RD's network at the time, and I would imagine happy to go wherever RD asked him too on similar terms to what he had at Standard Liege, a contract a lot easier to negotiate than a new player due to their previous working history..
  • Sponsored links:

• "Big Head, hes got a very Big Head...." to the tune of "Big Nose" as sung to Phil Thompson.
  • i think it took us about 3 months to sign mark kinsella and that turned out ok
  • Think reeves will 100% join but I will be too late for bristol
  • lolwray said:

i think it took us about 3 months to sign mark kinsella and that turned out ok

We told him we couldn't afford him, then when he was about to sign for Gillingham we found the money at the last minute
  • DA9 said:

lolwray said:

We told him we couldn't afford him, then when he was about to sign for Gillingham we found the money at the last minute
    I thought it was a case of Colchester wanted most of the fee upfront & we wouldn't pay it ..................... or at least we wouldn't until we found out he was about to sign for Gillingham.
  • DA9 said:

lolwray said:

I thought it was a case of Colchester wanted most of the fee upfront & we wouldn't pay it ..................... or at least we wouldn't until we found out he was about to sign for Gillingham.
    I think the rumour is Murray paid it himself.
  • CH4RLTON said:

Think reeves will 100% join but I will be too late for bristol

Unless he's been training on his own during the summer, i'd say Exeter and Plymouth will be too soon for him as well. He hasn't played in a game for over 3 months has he?

• Have a listen to this, he explains it far better than any of us could.

forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/77221/mark-kinsella-interview
  • Sponsored links:

• DA9 said:

lolwray said:

Either way, we said we were skint at the time.
  • CH4RLTON said:

Unless he's been training on his own during the summer, i'd say Exeter and Plymouth will be too soon for him as well. He hasn't played in a game for over 3 months has he?
    He has been training with MK Dons I believe, but not taken part in any pre-season games as he is not officially one of their players
  • ross1 said:

CH4RLTON said:

He has been training with MK Dons I believe, but not taken part in any pre-season games as he is not officially one of their players
    He could have still played for them, I assume that unlike us, MK didn't want to play someone who wasn't going to be their player
  • Fair play to him. I still think it's odd that it has taken three months, I think he's let the whole thing drag on a bit, but if he had an offer to play in La Liga he would have been silly not to explore it. In fact, it seems a bit silly to me that he prefers the comforts of the English third division over one of the best leagues in the world. Again, without knowing the specifics it's hard to judge but this does seem to fall into the category of British players never go abroad despite the fact that they have the chance.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Reeves will sign in the next couple of days. Locked on. No idea for who though!!

Thought that's what they said a couple of days ago.
  • I'm sure it was said weeks ago that Arsenal wanted Mavididi to go to a Championship club.