Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• He's contracted to Gerry Anderson Inc and is finishing off the "Thunderbirds Return" movie, currently at Pinewood. Katie has found this one difficult as there are strings attached and the dopey cow keeps calling him Scott Tracey...
  • Reeves obviously has a very high opinion of himself.
    The trouble is that at best he is a lower table Championship / League 1 player and clubs are not exactly falling over themselves to pay the money that he believes that he is worth.

The season starts in 4 days and even if someone signs him I doubt that he is anywhere near match fit. He has missed a complete pre season training and will be playing catch up until the middle of September.

I hope that Charlton tell him that they are not interested.

I'd tell Reeves to f*** off.

Are we so desperate to sign somebody who appears not too interested in signing for us?
    Yes.
  • Reeves still not signed? Not surprising I suppose. If only we'd spoken to him earlier than January it might have been sorted by now.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    The trouble is that at best he is a lower table Championship / League 1 player and clubs are not exactly falling over themselves to pay the money that he believes that he is worth.

The season starts in 4 days and even if someone signs him I doubt that he is anywhere near match fit. He has missed a complete pre season training and will be playing catch up until the middle of September.

Are we so desperate to sign somebody who appears not too interested in signing for us?
    Have you spoken to Reeves and know that he isn't interested in signing for us? If you have then you're more than welcome to tell him where to go but i suspect you know nothing so i suggest you don't tell him where to go as he is a very good football player.

Do you honestly think these contracts are easy to sort out? I'm no fan of the regime at all but i do understand that signing a footballer isn't an easy job.

Have a bit of common sense man.
    I fully understand there is a lot involved in negotiations / contracts etc but we managed to get 4 other incoming deals over the line and also a number of outgoing deals executed. The longer this goes on the more likely another club will come up on the rails and nab him. I hope KR has a back up plan.
  • Scoham said:
    Let the pikey's keep him, Reeves is twice the player
  • Sponsored links:

• Different type of player isn't he? Until last season Wright never scored goals and I remember him being more of a deep lying midfielder that sat back and passed the ball about. Maybe we'd have gone for him if Kashi had left.

Have you spoken to Reeves and know that he isn't interested in signing for us? If you have then you're more than welcome to tell him where to go but i suspect you know nothing so i suggest you don't tell him where to go as he is a very good football player.

Do you honestly think these contracts are easy to sort out? I'm no fan of the regime at all but i do understand that signing a footballer isn't an easy job.

I fully understand there is a lot involved in negotiations / contracts etc but we managed to get 4 other incoming deals over the line and also a number of outgoing deals executed. The longer this goes on the more likely another club will come up on the rails and nab him. I hope KR has a back up plan.
    Really? They won't just have a backup plan, they will have several.

Losing out on players, players leaving, injuries etc etc is the way of football. Every club (even ours) has a list of targets, for every position, with an expected price range or expected loan cost which is continually updated.

The club will have made a decision as to if they will try and recruit another if this one falls through, and if they have, soundings will have been taken.
  • The way we are going this year we are going to be playing 4-6-0.

I prefer an Atlantic, wet and washy, 4-4-2. If we don't get to the play offs at least, I'll jump of "Beachy Head".
  • Swisdom said:

Is he actually training with us?

Safe to say this window hasn't gone as he planned

Makes a change.
  • Scoham said:
    I'd have liked Wright, as it's most unlikely Kashi and JFC will play every game and he's definitely better than who else we have in reserve in that position at the moment
  • Scoham said:
    I'd have liked Wright, as it's most unlikely Kashi and JFC will play every game and he's definitely better than who else we have in reserve in that position at the moment
    Good competition for Kashi & JFC and miles better than Crofts, I would have him for those 2 reasons.
  • Redrobo said:

Reeves obviously has a very high opinion of himself.

Losing out on players, players leaving, injuries etc etc is the way of football. Every club (even ours) has a list of targets, for every position, with an expected price range or expected loan cost which is continually updated.

The club will have made a decision as to if they will try and recruit another if this one falls through, and if they have, soundings will have been taken.
    Yes, really.

I suspect the back up plan, is they will go with what they have if they don't get Reeves over the line. Or let's put it like this, I will be very pleasantly surprised if they do try and recruit another if this one falls through.

• Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Good competition for Kashi & JFC and miles better than Crofts, I would have him for those 2 reasons.
    Would still be a bit pointless as we have better cover in CM then elsewhere on the pitch
  • seth plum said:

When I spoke to MKD fans they said Reeves was their best player. Watching him, especially at their place last season (1-0 Lookman) he was not above making errors, but his decision making was decent I thought. He also struck me as a player who takes responsibility during the game.
    After all theses shenanigans he may disappoint some initially (if he joins) but we may have to wait a couple of months to see his real quality.
    My paranoid thought (after Robinson post Ipswich) is that Kashi might leave if we sign Reeves which would be a huge setback. I want that idea to remain the paranoid ramblings of Seth.

I didn't realise Kashi only signed a three year contract (in July 2015), meaning he is entering his last year of that. I thought he was on a 4/5 year contract and that a year of him performing as he did at the start a couple of years ago could equate to a healthy fee for the club at the end of the year. As this is his last year, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Reeves in = Kashi out, which would be highly disappointing.
  • I imagine Wright was / is a backup option if the Reeves deal falls through. Slightly different players though.
  • dickplumb said:

The Ben Reeves deal is close, should be agreed by this evening. There is still some negotiating to be done. If all goes well it will probably be announced Thursday. This is from an extremely good source.

Will he be announced the same time as Alex Bruce?
    No. At the same time as Andy Delort. Just have to finish negotiations on twitter with his dad.
  • seth plum said:

When I spoke to MKD fans they said Reeves was their best player. Watching him, especially at their place last season (1-0 Lookman) he was not above making errors, but his decision making was decent I thought. He also struck me as a player who takes responsibility during the game.
    After all theses shenanigans he may disappoint some initially (if he joins) but we may have to wait a couple of months to see his real quality.
    My paranoid thought (after Robinson post Ipswich) is that Kashi might leave if we sign Reeves which would be a huge setback. I want that idea to remain the paranoid ramblings of Seth.

I didn't realise Kashi only signed a three year contract (in July 2015), meaning he is entering his last year of that. I thought he was on a 4/5 year contract and that a year of him performing as he did at the start a couple of years ago could equate to a healthy fee for the club at the end of the year. As this is his last year, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Reeves in = Kashi out, which would be highly disappointing.
    Can't see that happening. Who would sign Kashi? Presumably on a decent contract with us. They play different roles/positions as well.
  • Scoham said:

seth plum said:

Can't see that happening. Who would sign Kashi? Presumably on a decent contract with us. They play different roles/positions as well.
    I would be shocked if Kashi left. Has been injured for nearly 2 years, probably on a decent wedge. Played a large amount of pre-season games, starting in the last PSF (usually a good indicator as to who is going to be the 1st XI).
  • Redrobo said:

Reeves obviously has a very high opinion of himself.

Yes, really.

I suspect the back up plan, is they will go with what they have if they don't get Reeves over the line. Or let's put it like this, I will be very pleasantly surprised if they do try and recruit another if this one falls through.

You maybe right and the decision is that we use X from the squad. If Robbo decides he can't find better than what he has or the budget does not stretch to better than he has, then that is the plan.

You may disagree with his decision, but that's football.