Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• I can't see Martin wanting to come in to play second fiddle to Amos, after several years of being MKD's number 1. It's not like Elliott, Hamer and Pope going to PL clubs with much higher status and salary levels, where being backup is still attractive

From his point of view ideally yes . A lot depends on geography . Robinson said he is 'local' . I understand from the MKD Messageboard that he has moved to Essex recently . A gig closer to home could appeal to him .
  • dickplumb said:

There is no recall clause.

And even if there was (not doubting you dickplumb) it would be in January during the transfer window and we could deal with it then.
  • Richard J said:

I can't see Martin wanting to come in to play second fiddle to Amos, after several years of being MKD's number 1. It's not like Elliott, Hamer and Pope going to PL clubs with much higher status and salary levels, where being backup is still attractive

From his point of view ideally yes . A lot depends on geography . Robinson said he is 'local' . I understand from the MKD Messageboard that he has moved to Essex recently . A gig closer to home could appeal to him .
    For nothing to happen all summer though suggests a lack of enthusiasm, either from the player or KR. It's not as if he's 37 and winding down his career, he should be in his peak years now so his next move is very important

• Richard J said:

colthe3rd said:

Can someone explain why we're going after another keeper?

Because Phillips needs to play and it is not felt he is ready to be a regular for Charlton.

Now the temporary loan system is more difficult to manage then it would be silly not to have two keepers. Indeed I would even argue it would be useful to have a third
    I believe you can still sign goalkeepers on an emergency loan if required.
  • DA9DA9
    edited August 2017
    Players on a season long loan can ONLY be recalled in the January window, but only if a recall clause was agreed at the time of the deal.
    And the loan can also be cancelled if both clubs agree, so if there is no clause, he's ours for the season unless we say otherwise, Bolton have no say in the matter.
  • Scoham said:

Richard J said:

colthe3rd said:

Because Phillips needs to play and it is not felt he is ready to be a regular for Charlton.

Now the temporary loan system is more difficult to manage then it would be silly not to have two keepers. Indeed I would even argue it would be useful to have a third
    Only if there is an injury to both of your recognised keepers. If one lost form you can't replace them any more.
  • edited August 2017
    sam3110 said:

I can't see Martin wanting to come in to play second fiddle to Amos, after several years of being MKD's number 1. It's not like Elliott, Hamer and Pope going to PL clubs with much higher status and salary levels, where being backup is still attractive

Bolton may have a recall clause whereby Amos can get called back in January. Also, we seem to pay higher wages than the average League 1 team
    He's 4th choice at Bolton, they haven't been paying their wages on time (not sure if they are up to date now) and have a winding up order against them.
  • Richard J said:

Scoham said:

Richard J said:

colthe3rd said:

Only if there is an injury to both of your recognised keepers. If one lost form you can't replace them any more.
    Emergency loan system scrapped by EFL in 2016

https://thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2759309/what-is-the-loan-system-when-can-players-be-loaned-does-the-premier-league-have-different-loan-rules-to-the-football-league/

• Sponsored links:

• edited August 2017
    DA9 said:

Richard J said:

Scoham said:

Richard J said:

colthe3rd said:

Emergency loan system scrapped by EFL in 2016

https://thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2759309/what-is-the-loan-system-when-can-players-be-loaned-does-the-premier-league-have-different-loan-rules-to-the-football-league/

Not for goalie's if you have 2 injured (from memory).

Martin is fixed up elsewhere apparently & Phillips will be loaned, because he hasn't got the experience, gravitas and not vocal enough (in my opinion) to be the first choice.
  • Really really don't want Mavididi, not a bad player by any means but basing your team around a loan player never ends well
  • Valley11 said:

You have to say if they add Reeves, Mivividi and Martin to the squad it's been a good summer for transfers. Certainly an improvement on previous years. If.

Assuming no one is sold now or in January, I.e Konsa.
  • Really really don't want Mavididi, not a bad player by any means but basing your team around a loan player never ends well

Huddersfield got promoted to the prem on loans. It'll do me.
    This...
  • Bubble said:
    Really hope that we sign Mavididi but if we do, I hope it's for the season. Karl mentions 6 months in this article, only having him until January would be okay but not ideal.
  • He does not mention Tony Watt in list of player's. Could it mean he is off somewhere again.
  • Sponsored links:

They only had four loanees all season (three if you take into account the fact that Palmer was injured for last parts)... Most of the backbone of that squad was permanent players

They only had four loanees all season (three if you take into account the fact that Palmer was injured for last parts)... Most of the backbone of that squad was permanent players
    True but by far their best player, one of the best in the league is Mooy, loaned him, he bossed the league then they signed him when they could afford it.

Fair enough, find it really hard to get excited about players that are never going to stay with us, Da Silva included he's brilliant and really improves us but we are back to square 1 next season
  • Five Huddersfield players on loan last season. One is back there this season (Kasey Palmer) and they've now signed another two of them on permanent deals (Mooy and Kachunga). When was the last time we did that? There's at least some long-term plan in mind with Huddersfield's loans.

We've not had great history with loanees under this lot. Here's hoping that changes.

Yeah but what does that prove? 12.5% of the teams in that league got promoted. I haven't looked but I bet the 87.5% who didn't get promoted had close to the same number of loan players as Huddersfield. As ever, it's quality and effort that is needed. If you get a Francis Coquelin, then great. If you get a Frank Nouble or a Eggert Jónsson, then not so great.
  • Back in January we needed players. Aribo and Konsa came into the side and KR went over the top in building them up. Roly then didn't (feel the) need to buy anyone else.

I wonder after the win at the weekend the same may happen again
  • https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/27933/charlton-boss-scouting-arsenal-striker-leyton-orient-tonight-attendance-last-week/

This looks positive, hopefully Arsenal will agree to this and a good squad/first team player addition.
  • Looks like Martin is going elsewhere. Another loan keeper to come in?
  • Six months surprises me for Mavididi... Why such a short loan for the young man who isnt exactly going to head back to Arsenal and score the goals needed for Europa League glory!!