Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• colthe3rd said:

Has anyone spotted they have similar trainers?

No
  • Sage said:

If we sign Mavididi, as long as he is fit, he has to go straight into the side. If before Saturday, that can't be the case, but with so much interest in him, including Championship clubs, I can't see Arsenal letting him go to us without knowing he will play.

He's a fantastic talent and I really hope we manage to bring him back to the club. An attacking group of Mavididi, Marshall (when fit), Holmes, Fosu, Clarke, Reeves, Watt, Magennis, and Novak. I can't honestly think of another team in the league anywhere near as good as that.

I'm trying to be unmoved, it's the hope that kills you.
  • According to Wikipedia Reeves already signed a 3 year deal

The little scamp.
  • sam3110 said:

According to Wikipedia Reeves already signed a 3 year deal

Anyone can change Wikipedia
    It is ridiculous how quickly they change it back
  • It's all a bit meh. For petes sake just sign Reeves and get on with getting Madivdi and then I might dare to believe! It's the hope that kills you though.
  • Yeah for Ben's Dad's sake I hope we get Mavididi and Ben Reeves in soon...
  • Jake Bacon‏ @JakeTBacon 11m11 minutes ago
    More
    Told Ben Reeves will not be signing for #cafc today. Talks about a Valley move set to continue tomorrow. More on @NewsShopperSprt soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2017
    You don't know boring until...

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/754395262047576064/psAZDyKJ.jpg

Okay we know boring.
  • Bubble said:

Jake Bacon‏ @JakeTBacon 11m11 minutes ago
    More
    Told Ben Reeves will not be signing for #cafc today. Talks about a Valley move set to continue tomorrow. More on @NewsShopperSprt soon.

We're making a right pigs ear of this!!
  • Can't wait, really looking forward to this guy signing. He will be mustard I tell yer, exactly what we are looking for to guarantee a promotion winning season...
  • We're probably waiting for the Women's Euro 2017 to finish before announcing the signing of Ben Reeves.
  • Sounds very positive in that its a case of when not if.

is scarfy back from his hols yet?
  • Bubble said:

More

We're making a right pigs ear of this!!
    I should imagine Daisy dreams of ONLY making a pigs ear of things...
  • Redrobo said:

Sounds very positive in that its a case of when not if.

don't be so sure

• Redrobo said:

don't be so sure

Any reason other than having no faith in RD and KM?
  • Sponsored links:

• Bubble said:

More

Hmmm can he trust his (HP)source or is it all abit smoky?
  • Scoham said:

Redrobo said:

don't be so sure

isn't that enough? No, just think that a Champ Club will come in last minute. He's been mooted since January and we havn't got it over the line yet.

• Scoham said:

Redrobo said:

don't be so sure

isn't that enough? No, just think that a Champ Club will come in last minute. He's been mooted since January and we havn't got it over the line yet.

That's entirely possible. I think it's quite clear KR has wanted him since January. IMO, the hold-up has been Reeves assessing his options and I reckon we are in pole position now.

You can argue that we have been waiting until January to sign him and yet it's still not happened but you could also argue other teams have had a couple of months to do a deal. That seems unlikely so I think he will be a Charlton player by the end of the week.
  • Scoham said:

Redrobo said:

don't be so sure

Maybe but I think we'll get him by offering a big contract and he'll be a guaranteed starter. Probably get a shorter contract and be a squad player at a Champ club.
  • Bubble said:
    That reads like a big ol' 'going going gooooooing gone' from his agent to other clubs.
  • Did someone mention Scarfy, seems he has a few thousand new mates this year, is his place safe?
  • I don't know why we don't just give him a deadline. Sign by Tuesday or the deals off the table.