Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Les Dennis?
  • Come on Mr Reeves - sign on the dotted line. We have held our breath long enough.

This saga almost rivals the Andy Delort story - minus the excitement!
  • Come on Mr Reeves - sign on the dotted line. We have held our breath long enough.

This saga almost rivals the Andy Delort story - minus the excitement!

And not forgetting Mr Delort senior
  • Slow news day when we've resorted to discussing a potential new signings jeans!
  • Pedro45 said:

cafcfan said:

cfgs said:

Redrobo said:

Beardface said:

Redrobo said:

Different jeans, different seats and people in the stand.

Was this picture taken this Saturday, or have we solved the mystery of the two in the stand at the last home game?

The plot thickens.

His agent is sitting next to him on the far side. His agent has the jeans with no rips in them. You can see the back of his head behind Reeves' neck!
    My god! Reeves has no legs! Who was the last player we had who's legs had gone?
    You just about see one of his knees in the photo.....I have no idea on the whereabouts of the second knee though.
    So what do we think? Two separate occasions (on account of the different people) but Reeves can only afford one old pair of jeans as he's on Jobseeker's Allowance?
    They are not his legs you can see, but his agents. Look closer at the photo, Reeves legs are hidden!
    Yeah, I knew that: hence the comment about two occasions but only one pair of jeans! The poeple sitting in the back row are entirely different from the other photo. (Although I concede that it is possible that Mrs Parkes asks for someone to pre-heat her seat for her.)
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:
    So he didnt just ring up asking to come to the game then? ;)
  • Reeves, Martin, Mavididi and ?
  • Valley11 said:
    It actually states that he said 3 or 4 players. And hopefully a couple over the line this week - probably Reeves and Martin.
  • https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/27924/charlton-plan-sign-another-goalkeeper-send-highly-rated-youngster-loan/

Another keeper in, with Dillon going out on loan. If this was always the plan, it seems silly that it's been left so late in the summer really
  • https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/27924/charlton-plan-sign-another-goalkeeper-send-highly-rated-youngster-loan/

Another keeper in, with Dillon going out on loan. If this was always the plan, it seems silly that it's been left so late in the summer really

Depends if Dillon Phillips wants to wait around to become our No.1

I know he's only 23-years old and should be biding his time like Joe Aribo and Ezri Konsa neither of whom are assured First-Team players either yet the difference is there is only one Goalkeeper position whilst those two can play across either the Midfield or Defence
  • edited August 2017

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/27924/charlton-plan-sign-another-goalkeeper-send-highly-rated-youngster-loan/

I would have thought that most clubs would have sorted themselves out a bit sooner than now, so I really hope he's able to get a loan if we get another keeper in. Don't think he should necessarily expect to be in the squad, but it would be a little unfair for him to be first choice throughout the entire pre-season, only to be left without a club as it's been left so late and with very little or no chance of playing for us all season, unless perhaps this was communicated to him from the off.
  • Sponsored links:

I know he's only 23-years old and should be biding his time like Joe Aribo and Ezri Konsa neither of whom are assured First-Team players either yet the difference is there is only one Goalkeeper position whilst those two can play across either the Midfield or Defence
    He's been here since he was 11 and just wants to play football now. Can't blame him. If rumours are true his salary isn't great either. I think it's safe to say he will be off as I think he is in his last year of his contract too
  • Perhaps these were two photos taken in parallel universe's
    One where he's signing from a shit 3rd div club for a new shit 3rd div club for ten bob and the other where we outbid Real Madrid for the current ballon d'or winner for £100M to play alongside 5 of the England 2014 World cup winning squad.
  • Swisdom said:

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/27924/charlton-plan-sign-another-goalkeeper-send-highly-rated-youngster-loan/

He's been here since he was 11 and just wants to play football now. Can't blame him. If rumours are true his salary isn't great either. I think it's safe to say he will be off as I think he is in his last year of his contract too
    Yeah according to the Squad List his contract expires next Summer

Do a Chelsea, he can go out on loan if he signs a new three year deal - If not then he doesnt even play for the U23s

*Note I am joking as hate the way Chelsea take this approach
  • Can someone explain why we're going after another keeper?
  • colthe3rd said:

Can someone explain why we're going after another keeper?

Because Phillips needs to play and it is not felt he is ready to be a regular for Charlton.

Now the temporary loan system is more difficult to manage then it would be silly not to have two keepers. Indeed I would even argue it would be useful to have a third
  • We've got a 3rd keeper, he's our striker...

• I can't see Martin wanting to come in to play second fiddle to Amos, after several years of being MKD's number 1. It's not like Elliott, Hamer and Pope going to PL clubs with much higher status and salary levels, where being backup is still attractive
  • I can't see Martin wanting to come in to play second fiddle to Amos, after several years of being MKD's number 1. It's not like Elliott, Hamer and Pope going to PL clubs with much higher status and salary levels, where being backup is still attractive

Bolton may have a recall clause whereby Amos can get called back in January. Also, we seem to pay higher wages than the average League 1 team

Exactly. I don't see the point in wasting wages on another experienced keeper. If we were going after a younger keeper with something to prove then fine. Personally I'd rather just keep Phillips, play him in cup games and if/when Amos is injured or loses form stick him in.
  • There is no recall clause.