Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Macronate said:

Guarantee that 5 seconds after that was taken, he stumbled on the kerb and is now out for 6 months.

No chance he has not signed his contract yet :)
  • Macronate said:

Guarantee that 5 seconds after that was taken, he stumbled on the kerb and is now out for 6 months.

No chance he has not signed his contract yet :)
    Probably stab himself with the pen!
  • Macronate said:

Nah, that injury will happen 5 minutes after he signs his contract when he's walking back to his car afterwards...
  • Well I was told a long time ago now that he would sign within a couple of days or so. That was a month ago.

As far as I know, the deal was close originally but he went away and wanted more time to assess his options, which he is fully entitled to do. Now it looks as though it's back on and closer than it was before.

Excellent signing if/when it happens.
  • Thought the Reeves move was dead in the water but after today's performance, get a pen in his hand this evening and sort out a contract.

There's no better time to encourage ANY player to sign for us. If he still doesn't want to come then we move on.
  • Just to complete the Reeves at The Valley album (courtesy of @ph1pd on twitter)
  • I reckon Reeves will be announced on Monday
  • Hahahaha I'm so happy it's not just me who thought this
  • Sponsored links:

• iaitch said:

Is that steward one of the car park 4?

If you're referring to the black guy in the photo, I think it could be John Sorzano, who is Reeves' agent.
  • As a side note I though that away kit looked really smart.
  • Next level banter

KR on Reeves: We haven't talked about a contract - he just phoned to watch the game. #cafc
  • Bubble said:

Next level banter

KR on Reeves: We haven't talked about a contract - he just phoned to watch the game. #cafc

KR is a football genius , has Reeves begging to us now :wink:
  • stonemuse said:
    So what's his agent coming with him for? Negotiate a bigger portion of chips at half time?
    14 is the limit, same for everyone :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Peterborough' manager says he would sell Marcus Maddison for £1M. That's a lot less than they use to say they wanted. Apparently no offer has come even close.
  • Peterborough' manager says he would sell Marcus Maddison for £1M. That's a lot less than they use to say they wanted. Apparently no offer has come even close.

What's not to like? Would prefer a striker though. We need cover for big mag, if only for the last 15 of a match!
  • That's some fivehead on the lad.
  • Marshall, Reeves and Holmes should be the starters come end of season. Clarke is good enough to start first few games, Reeves won't be fit and needs to earn his place. Fosu can replace Marshall and I would sign Stewart until January to cover him. Thats the best attacking midfield unit in the division.

GK's done, defence is good but will rely on luck with injuries and/or 1/2 youngsters playing well like Barnes.

If we get Reeves, the only thing that would stop us getting top 6 is lack of goals, we would be so reliant on Magennis having the best season of his career.
  • ... and not going down in a heap of injuries.
  • https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/597cc65b2e830/robinson-we-are-ready

Robinson wants 2 signings before Saturday. I expect Reeves will be one.

Martin could be the other I guess, which would mean Phillips can go out on loan. Stewart another possibility.

Ideally I'd like the other to be a striker. I don't have much faith in Watt, Novak or KAG.