Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Interestingly Dmitrovic one of our three decent keepers shuffled out last season for no money is now playing in La Liga for Eibar. No news on a fee. Doubt any sell on for us.
  • Interestingly Dmitrovic one of our three decent keepers shuffled out last season for no money is now playing in La Liga for Eibar. No news on a fee. Probably a sell on for RD

fixed it for you.

• dizzee said:

Heard from a very reliable source that we are back in for Pu Edam.

Desperate. But deserves a LOL for shear gall.
  • vff said:

He played 23 games for Hudds and got promoted from league 2 with Southend (then went on to be their player of the year the season after in league one).

Not a bad CV for a 22 year old but as many have said, is an attacking centre mid a priority when that's where Fosu had stated he is best and we have Clarke, Watt & Holmes who can cover.

Would much rather see the club address the crisis situation with our strikers.

Charlton do need an attacking central midfielder. Looks like a good loan this one if it happens.

:lol: going to Oxford.

This window is turning into the usual shambles.
    Who'd have thought it?!
  • dizzee said:

Heard from a very reliable source that we are back in for Pu Edam.

You're making that up.
  • Good article here by Kevin Nolan: https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/27637/charltons-transfer-priority-goal-grabber-still-major-area-needs-addressing/

It makes you wonder whether we already have that goal hanger. Two of them in fact, just that one is on loan to a Belgium side and the other is in Bury!
  • dickplumb said:
    From that, it seems as if a deal is still a little while off - especially if Bolton are in need of us paying a high amount of fees for him!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2017
    I am guessing that there will be an expectation of starts alongside any loan keeper - what message does that give to Phillips? What happens if it is clear the loan keeper is weaker than Phillips or is out of form. You need two goalies on your books fighting fairly for a place!
  • uie2 said:

This is ridiculous yet again just like last pre-season we have only one goalkeeper not to mention needing a 20 goal striker! !! Not gonna happen coz RD doesn't give two shits about us!!!

Hmm..... Sure I read 3 months ago that our transfer business was going to be done early close season....... What can I smell!!!!

• edited July 2017

uie2 said:

This is ridiculous yet again just like last pre-season we have only one goalkeeper not to mention needing a 20 goal striker! !! Not gonna happen coz RD doesn't give two shits about us!!!

Hmm..... Sure I read 3 months ago that our transfer business was going to be done early close season....... What can I smell!!!!

Chesh, I use this handy piece of kit and it never fails as far as the Belgian Buns are concerned...

• I am guessing that there will be an expectation of starts alongside any loan keeper - what message does that give to Phillips? What happens if it is clear the loan keeper is weaker than Phillips or is out of form. You need two goalies on your books fighting fairly for a place!

I don't think Bolton are that bothered about his involvement / development. They just want him off their wage bill....being trying to offload him all summer.
  • Now here's a striker who could do the job. Omar Bogle...just transfer listed by Wigan.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11682/10965156/wigan-athletic-striker-omar-bogle-put-on-transfer-list
  • SDAddick said:

Can we just settle this once and for all, playing 4-4-2 or playing with two up front does not make you more attacking. How you approach the game, play a line, press, and a variety of other things are what makes team attacking or not attacking. Phil Parkinson played a lot of 4-4-2 when we went on that winless run and we were awful. Alternatively, Real Madrid play a 4-2-3-1 and they seem to be alright on goals.

Playing just a single striker – especially at home – is weak and defensive. The theory is that the wingers and midfielders will surge forward in support. Yet, our vapid midfield got us relegated two seasons ago and flirted with the drop again last term.

We have seen it time and again – against even routine League One opponents our midfielders are pegged back with defensive duties, and the single striker is left isolated and utterly ineffectual.

We should find two tough strikers for our coaching staff to teach a close partnership that becomes instinctive: one to provide, the other to finish – fluid and interchanging, each forceful and accurate. At least one of them has to score around 20 goals for automatic promotion.

Kermorgant and BWP are the benchmark. Even Millwall, a team hardly blessed with flair, won promotion through the aggressive persistence of Morison and Gregory – who was scouted from Halifax for a song, remember.

We are miles away, in ideas and actions.

• Now here's a striker who could do the job. Omar Bogle...just transfer listed by Wigan.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11682/10965156/wigan-athletic-striker-omar-bogle-put-on-transfer-list

Wigan want £800,000 ! So no chance sorry
  • Can't believe the word "Bullshit" gets cut out on repeats.
  • uie2 said:

Now here's a striker who could do the job. Omar Bogle...just transfer listed by Wigan.

We were rumoured to have paid around that for Ajose last year.
  • Sponsored links:

The last former Grimsby striker we signed did alright!
  • uie2 said:

Now here's a striker who could do the job. Omar Bogle...just transfer listed by Wigan.

We were rumoured to have paid around that for Ajose last year.

Not even close
  • No surprise...Ben Amos signed
  • Scarfy still on holiday then?
  • Good times
  • edited July 2017
    Strange. Not played much all his career, decent pedigree but his wages are ridiculous so chances are it will never become permanent.

Seems a little short sighted imo

Better that Martin though so that's a positive - never been that impressed with him
  • Well at least we now have 2 decent keepers.
    Now for a striker and a number ten without anyone leaving and we should at least be competitive for a change.
  • I can't believe we have gone and signed another keeper. What about Phillips! #fauxoutrage

Glad we now have 2 senior keepers, can't say I know much about Amos other than he was once on the books at Man Utd.
  • iaitch said:

Scarfy still on holiday then?

Posted out in error with somebody's season ticket.