Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• So, with the Magennis revelations, does this mean that Konsa doesn't want to go?
  • So, with the Magennis revelations, does this mean that Konsa doesn't want to go?

I don't know, but it seems clear that what was posted earlier was in reference to Magennis, not Konsa. AB has said he's heard there is a 3.5m bid on the table for Konsa. I guess we have to hope the club turns it down. He doesn't seem to be agitating for a move at this point.
  • SDAddick said:

So, with the Magennis revelations, does this mean that Konsa doesn't want to go?

I don't know, but it seems clear that what was posted earlier was in reference to Magennis, not Konsa. AB has said he's heard there is a 3.5m bid on the table for Konsa. I guess we have to hope the club turns it down. He doesn't seem to be agitating for a move at this point.
    add in Bowyer said he thought he might move this window. I guess the club are waiting to see if other offers are received, if not they will likely take the 3.5m on offer.
  • edited July 2017

Redrobo said:

Hey, where did my other paragraphs go?

I am forever making salient points on this website, full of well thought out arguments with evidence to back them up, and they disappear every time. Here's an example of one I posted the other day:

Thats ridiculous!, you must be paranoid, theres no way that would ever....
  • Valley11 said:

I wonder if Amos was the gk Robinson said he 'knew who he wanted' but 'had to be patient'?
    Bolton said ages ago they were happy to get rid so unless Amos was mulling over another offer, is this another example of KR not getting his first choice?

that would have been Slade.
  • I am happy with Amos. Crucially he worked with Lee Turner at Bolton.
  • The dance band leader? Does he know the 'red red robin'? :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Thought KR said we didn't need any central midfielders? Or is he a winger?
  • edited July 2017
    He played 23 games for Hudds and got promoted from league 2 with Southend (then went on to be their player of the year the season after in league one).

Not a bad CV for a 22 year old but as many have said, is an attacking centre mid a priority when that's where Fosu had stated he is best and we have Clarke, Watt & Holmes who can cover.

Would much rather see the club address the crisis situation with our strikers.
  • Today should be an interesting day either way. I expect Amos to sign, Erwin to go somewhere (Scotland, us, who knows but he definitely exited his Leeds contract to prevent whatever club he has lined up paying a development fee) and the decision to be announced about Stewart. We'd be crazy not to take him on a free in my opinion.
  • edited July 2017

Today should be an interesting day either way. I expect Amos to sign, Erwin to go somewhere (Scotland, us, who knows but he definitely exited his Leeds contract to prevent whatever club he has lined up paying a development fee) and the decision to be announced about Stewart. We'd be crazy not to take him on a free in my opinion.

Its never boring being a charlton fan.
  • He played 23 games for Hudds and got promoted from league 2 with Southend (then went on to be their player of the year the season after in league one).

Not a bad CV for a 22 year old but as many have said, is an attacking centre mid a priority when that's where Fosu had stated he is best and we have Clarke, Watt & Holmes who can cover.

Would much rather see the club address the crisis situation with our strikers.

Or its a fact we're not getting Reeves and he's and like for like?
  • Stewart said:

Today should be an interesting day either way. I expect Amos to sign, Erwin to go somewhere (Scotland, us, who knows but he definitely exited his Leeds contract to prevent whatever club he has lined up paying a development fee) and the decision to be announced about Stewart. We'd be crazy not to take him on a free in my opinion.

Its never boring being a charlton fan.
    Never boring and never easy!
  • cabbles said:

dickplumb said:

Apparently Amos will be a loan.

who is Amos?
    Ffs, I posted this before I saw your comment.

You're getting as sharp as me.
    I'm not gonna lie, I'm intrigued to hear more about @MuttleyCAFC 's earlier comment about how his first boss was this old geezer's boyfriend. It's got to be one of the most obscure things I've ever read on here
    Not much more I can add - I started work in 1983 and my boss was the boyfriend (not so much boy - short bald middle aged guy) of the actor who played Amos in Emmerdale.
  • Was his name Seth?
  • Was his name Seth?

• No John - I won't say any more as he wasn't a television actor so is entitled to privacy - if he is still alive!
  • Sponsored links:

• Today should be an interesting day either way. I expect Amos to sign, Erwin to go somewhere (Scotland, us, who knows but he definitely exited his Leeds contract to prevent whatever club he has lined up paying a development fee) and the decision to be announced about Stewart. We'd be crazy not to take him on a free in my opinion.

Queue a day of refreshing this thread and nothing notable happening...
  • luke1 said:

That rumour was shot down pretty quickly.

Pete O'Rourke‏ @SportsPeteO 2m2 minutes ago
    More
    Huddersfield Town midfielder Jack Payne is set to join Oxford United on loan. #htafc #OUFC

5ft 5, fails the Charlton Life height test anyway
  • Ben18 said:

Each new admin has proved to be the right decision

This is different.

@MuttleyCAFC how long were they together?
  • The way we are going this year we are going to be playing 4-6-0.
  • cabbles said:

Ben18 said:

Each new admin has proved to be the right decision

This is different.

@MuttleyCAFC how long were they together?
    I don't know!
  • The way we are going this year we are going to be playing 4-6-0.

Alan Turing told Roland in a vision that the plan is to never concede, and get points from the opposition scoring own goals supplemented by getting several penalties.

Turing says draw 26 and win 20 using the own goal/penalty theory, and if it doesn't work, sack Robinson.