Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• bobcafc7 said:

We have our last pre-season game in two days. We have one senior keeper. Even if we do sign a new keeper before the season starts, they will not have played with the team and developed any sort of understanding.

We are still some way off being a squad capable of promotion and the season is upon us. They say the transfer window doesn't close until the end of August, but there are 12 points to play for in August (that was the difference between 6th and 12th last season). We should be prepared.

They talked of getting business done early but we are still not ready and we are still talking of reducing the quality of an already thin squad by getting rid of yet another player with no replacement in sight.

These are not the machinations of a team preparing for a promotion push. This is the approach of a team happy with league one mediocrity and a steady if unsustainable income from a talented youth team. IMHO this is not good enough.

Hamer didn't play any pre season friendlys and wasn't signed until august 1st, that didn't end up to bad did it, we're a couple players short and I'd say only the keeper is necessary before the season starts, As we have cover every where else.
    Yes and Powelly did the sensible thing and started the season with the keeper who knew the defence - Elliot. He allowed Gamer to get up to speed before throwing him in.

Can't see Karl doing the same. Whoever comes in will go straight into the side whether or not he's even met our centre backs before.
    We don't know that yet do we, he may start Phillips or he might start the new keeper, iv heard the same as @Redhenry that he wants two new keepers and will send Phillips out on loan to play games rather than sit on our bench but wouldn't surprise me if he starts our first few games same as Elliot did.
  • We have our last pre-season game in two days. We have one senior keeper. Even if we do sign a new keeper before the season starts, they will not have played with the team and developed any sort of understanding.

We are still some way off being a squad capable of promotion and the season is upon us. They say the transfer window doesn't close until the end of August, but there are 12 points to play for in August (that was the difference between 6th and 12th last season). We should be prepared.

They talked of getting business done early but we are still not ready and we are still talking of reducing the quality of an already thin squad by getting rid of yet another player with no replacement in sight.

These are not the machinations of a team preparing for a promotion push. This is the approach of a team happy with league one mediocrity and a steady if unsustainable income from a talented youth team. IMHO this is not good enough.

For me the most astounding fact is that so many supporters this pre-season thought it was going to be anything different.
    I was told back at the end of April that Konsa moving on was already agreed between club and agent and the only surprise is that it has taken this long.
    Didn't he sign a new contract around then? And also, him going to the U20 World Cup might have changed things, particularly his valuation. I struggle to see how it could be agreed that he was moving on and yet there has been nothing, nothing, except a rumor on a message board.
  • edited July 2017
    As he hasn't managed to get a second keeper yet, he might be better advised to try and get one and focus on other priorities! If rumour is true of course!
  • I can't see how the U20 World Cup improved his valuation, he only played about 4 minutes didn't he.
  • I can't see how the U20 World Cup improved his valuation, he only played about 4 minutes didn't he.

Yeah came on in injury time against the Italians and that was it
  • edited July 2017
    SDAddick said:

We have our last pre-season game in two days. We have one senior keeper. Even if we do sign a new keeper before the season starts, they will not have played with the team and developed any sort of understanding.

For me the most astounding fact is that so many supporters this pre-season thought it was going to be anything different.
    I was told back at the end of April that Konsa moving on was already agreed between club and agent and the only surprise is that it has taken this long.
    Didn't he sign a new contract around then?
    As did Lookman. EK said his goodbyes to those he had been close to at the club at the final game of the season not expecting to be at Charlton for this coming season - this was not a rumour from a message board.
    The club (Charlton) and Konsa's agent of course would have agreed that he could move on, it's just up to the agent and the buying club to get RD to agree to any fee. Konsa knew he was on his way.
  • bobcafc7 said:

bobcafc7 said:

Hamer didn't play any pre season friendlys and wasn't signed until august 1st, that didn't end up to bad did it, we're a couple players short and I'd say only the keeper is necessary before the season starts, As we have cover every where else.
    Yes and Powelly did the sensible thing and started the season with the keeper who knew the defence - Elliot. He allowed Gamer to get up to speed before throwing him in.

Can't see Karl doing the same. Whoever comes in will go straight into the side whether or not he's even met our centre backs before.
    We don't know that yet do we, he may start Phillips or he might start the new keeper, iv heard the same as @Redhenry that he wants two new keepers and will send Phillips out on loan to play games rather than sit on our bench but wouldn't surprise me if he starts our first few games same as Elliot did.
    I dont know that hence why I said I can't see it happening. It's my opinion.
  • seth plum said:

Any sale of Konsa for £3.5 million to a premiership club needs to have a very substantial sell on clause and so forth.
    I think it is too cheap for the money in the Prem even if it is a lot of money for Roland.

But what does it matter, any money received will be in his back pocket........... or at least it won't be invested in players
    It still has to go through the club books.
  • bobcafc7 said:

Just ignore the fact Powell had already been allowed to assemble an entire squad capable of promotion with a lower budget than Robinson supposedly has.
  • bobcafc7 said:

Just ignore the fact Powell had already been allowed to assemble an entire squad capable of promotion with a lower budget than Robinson supposedly has.
    This squad is more than capable, whether we do it or not Is another thing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Apparently Amos will be a loan.
  • bobcafc7 said:

bobcafc7 said:

I wouldn't be too sure of that. There are some players and possibly a first eleven who might be, but the squad?

• dickplumb said:

Apparently Amos will be a loan.

spent most of his career on loan somewhere or other, suggests he is not good enough to be top dog imo

• bobcafc7 said:

bobcafc7 said:

I think the starting XI is, the squad isn't when inevitable injuries and suspensions occur and / or Konsa being sold off.
  • dickplumb said:

spent most of his career on loan somewhere or other, suggests he is not good enough to be top dog imo

Suits us, his contract runs out end of season.. if he does well we can sign him on a free in the summer.
    June 2019 is when his contract expires

• Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

who is Amos?
  • dickplumb said:

who is Amos?
    Ben, goalkeeper at Bolton
  • dickplumb said:

who is Amos?
    Ben Amos... Bolton Goalkeeper used to be in the Man Utd Academy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Amos
  • edited July 2017

dickplumb said:

Suits us, his contract runs out end of season.. if he does well we can sign him on a free in the summer.

Even if it runs out at the end of the season - would we sign him on Like we did Reeves
  • dickplumb said:

Even if it runs out at the end of the season - would we sign him on Like we did Reeves
    ??

• dickplumb said:

??

I think he means Rudd
  • dickplumb said:

??

Sage said:

dickplumb said:

??

I think he means Rudd
    I think he was being sarcastic
  • As an ex United player I suspect Amos would be on big money.

How much would Bolton subsidise the loan? I notice Blackburn sold their Keeper yesterday. Might they make a bid for him?
  • Richard J said:

As an ex United player I suspect Amos would be on big money.

How much would Bolton subsidise the loan? I notice Blackburn sold their Keeper yesterday. Might they make a bid for him?

I think Jason Steele (the guy that Sunderland have signed) had been dropped for David Raya (?) prior to the end of last season as it was the latter who appeared against Brentford on the final day of the season.