Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• dickplumb said:

I like Konsa, but 3.5 million is a very good price.

It would be if the £3.5m went to Robinson to spend on players and not in to Roly's bank account.
    Precisely.

3.5 or 35 million it is almost irrelevant to the playing side of the club.

Where does the money go? Spread around his clubs, reducing our losses, or as Mr Otto said, Duchatelet's ever expanding bank balance.
  • £3.5million is good for any League 1 club, its just a massive shame that it goes into the pockets of dutwataelet.
    As for Josh Wright, id like to see him here as direct replacement for Crofts and use Crofts here and there for his experience at times. Haven't seen him play but judging by what I have read on here, you cant have a CM who cant run...or pass.
  • At the Valley, Charlton supporters can see future premiership stars........but not for very long, if Duchatelet can make any money from them.
  • vff said:

At the Valley, Charlton supporters can see future premiership stars........but not for very long, if Duchatelet can make any money from them.

this is where it is harsh towards RD and co. If Konsa wants to leave, and we get a decent fee, then that's fair enough. We can' stop things like that happening.

Of course, I am not defending them. The issue is what gets reinvested, which is usually very little.
    If selling Konsa enabled us to bring in Reeves and a striker then fai enough.
    But we all know that it doesn't work like that under this lot.
  • vff said:

At the Valley, Charlton supporters can see future premiership stars........but not for very long, if Duchatelet can make any money from them.

this is where it is harsh towards RD and co. If Konsa wants to leave, and we get a decent fee, then that's fair enough. We can' stop things like that happening.

Of course, I am not defending them. The issue is what gets reinvested, which is usually very little.
    If selling Konsa enabled us to bring in Reeves and a striker then fai enough.
    But we all know that it doesn't work like that under this lot.
    Totally agree, but if Konsa has had his head turned and wants to go, that is just one of those things. That is happening more and more in modern football, not RD's fault.

We have a couple of decent prospects, but I saw Konsa as the last multi-million pound player. I do hope his sale means RD is willing to lower his price for the club and get lost.
  • Sponsored links:

• The Ben Reeves case has got tiresome now and dont really care if he does sign with us or not.

Of course if its us the club that are messing around with signing him then fair enough but seeing that Reeves has had offers from MK Dons | Charlton | Sheffield United | Abroad it seems as though he's messing around himself now!!
  • I think the point with the losses is that RD is loaning money to the club. This means he is not actually funding the losses and pouring money in.

Despite that, I agree with his gameplan. All those loans just put the price of the club up to the point that he can't sell.

At some point, he will have to lower his price and accept repayments over a longer period of time or even just forget them altogether.
  • They only thing I would disagree with is I think you are being far too kind saying SOME of the losses are his fault. The incompetant way in which he and his useless CEO have run the club is the reason it is making the losses and is stuck in league one.
  • The football club has been operating at a loss for many years. Selling a player has always been used to reduce the debt. Billy Bonds sold for £50,000 was the first in my time.
  • Is £3.5m a lot with the money floating around this summer? It's pennies, especially to a Premier League club or team with parachute money. Again though, irrelevant as it all goes in Roland's pocket the same as the other £20m+ he's made form player sales in the last 18-24 months while Robinson is left to scramble around for a goalkeeper and centre forward on the cheap.
  • Crusty54 said:

The football club has been operating at a loss for many years. Selling a player has always been used to reduce the debt. Billy Bonds sold for £50,000 was the first in my time.

Assuming that the money goes back into the club and not elsewhere.
  • Sponsored links:

• I've heard that KR is still looking to bring in two keepers.
  • We have our last pre-season game in two days. We have one senior keeper. Even if we do sign a new keeper before the season starts, they will not have played with the team and developed any sort of understanding.

We are still some way off being a squad capable of promotion and the season is upon us. They say the transfer window doesn't close until the end of August, but there are 12 points to play for in August (that was the difference between 6th and 12th last season). We should be prepared.

They talked of getting business done early but we are still not ready and we are still talking of reducing the quality of an already thin squad by getting rid of yet another player with no replacement in sight.

These are not the machinations of a team preparing for a promotion push. This is the approach of a team happy with league one mediocrity and a steady if unsustainable income from a talented youth team. IMHO this is not good enough.

Hamer didn't play any pre season friendlys and wasn't signed until august 1st, that didn't end up to bad did it, we're a couple players short and I'd say only the keeper is necessary before the season starts, As we have cover every where else.
  • seth plum said:

Any sale of Konsa for £3.5 million to a premiership club needs to have a very substantial sell on clause and so forth.
    I think it is too cheap for the money in the Prem even if it is a lot of money for Roland.

But what does it matter, any money received will be in his back pocket........... or at least it won't be invested in players