Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Whether we or Meire agrees with him or not, you have to back the manager and bring in the players he wants subject to finances - When you decide you know better, you have the wrong manager or you are wrong. One of the problems - one - there are many I know - is that they think they know more than the managers they appoint.

It's the knowledge squirrel face has gained from Driesen.
  • We will not finish higher than 11th. Fact.

Nevertheless we've improved our ranking huh?

Mr/Mrs Robin, remove the picture and I'll remove the flag!
  • Akinola wears #14 in these match highlights. Looks to have something about him but I'd worry that he's only had six months of league football since Barnet signed him in January.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeeIOcYHtPo
  • I'm one of the few fans that rates Lennon. Think it'd be a shame to lose him as part of a deal for Josh Wright, honestly.

Same here mate
  • I'm one of the few fans that rates Lennon. Think it'd be a shame to lose him as part of a deal for Josh Wright, honestly.

I understand where you are coming from, but if I was the manager I would be looking at his injury, the fact that Sarr is left footed, playing - and playing well and looking at what Wright would bring to the team.

On balance and providing the deal was fair I would certainly consider it.

I am the opposite can't say I have seen enough from him to convince me he is good enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

Was about to post this, that page tends to take stories from elsewhere but I've noticed it's pretty reliable.
    At last a rumour hallelujah
    Take this shit elsewhere
    Sorry piddles: (
  • edited July 2017
    After 180 comments a real rumour, the shock has been too much I'm going for a lay down wake me up when somebody signs
  • I think Lennon has potential to be a very good defender, being left footed always makes him more valuable, but he is also quite quick for a centre half as well.

If he was part of the deal for Josh Wright, for me it would have to be a loan to Gillingham but with him signing an extension as he is out of contract next summer.

I doubt that would ever happen, signing Wright and knowing he also have Lennon after a loan spell, but that's my ideal for this situation.

-----

I also really hope that we sign Mavididi, as well as another striker and goalkeeper. Those 3, plus someone like Wright would be just what we need.

Wright is better than Crofts and Jackson is semi-retired, we then have Kashi who hasn't played for ages, Forster-Caskey who could be very good for us but needs to stay fit and then Aribo who has only played 6 months of senior football.

We need a striker. What happens if Magennis get an injury? We have Novak who has yet to show any reason to play, and Watt who isn't a number 9 and is a big season for him.

Mavididi would be great cover for all 4 positions along the attack, I think he'd be great for us for a full season. So I hope Arsenal release him to us as soon as they're back from their tour.

A goalkeeper is essential, goes without saying.
  • After 180 comments a real rumour, the shock has been too much I'm going for a lay down wake me up when somebody signs

You laying down until January?
  • After 180 comments a real rumour, the shock has been too much I'm going for a lay down wake me up when somebody signs

Distinct possibility

Distinct possibility
    Lazy sod
  • Sponsored links:

• Yet again we will start the season with significant gaps not having been plugged and I honestly don't think that will change materially by the time the window closes.

Welcome to League One. There is no such thing as a complete club down here. Going up is often a matter of having a "decent" squad that stays healthy.

• Am I correct that our actual transfer fees paid thus far are.... zero? All frees? Or did we pay a couple hundred thousand for that one young kid?
  • We paid for Clarke and a development fee for Fosu.
  • dickplumb said:

The Club are trying to push through a deal for Ben Amos. But there will be an outgoing player. One out of Konsa, Holmes or Magennis. Source Not606. I don't know how true this is. I like the first bit but hate the second.

Holmes has signed a new contract and no way he would leave after Robinson has made it clear how important he is to us. Magennis is discussing new terms for a contract extension, there is no way we would ever let him leave. Konsa is possible to go, but he would be better off playing a season with us and moving on next summer. Robinson also said there wouldn't be anymore departures of his first team squad. He would look mightly silly if there was now.

Amos would be a great signing and the type of quality player we need, fingers crossed on that part.
  • dickplumb said:

This player is trying to force through a move. It is not Charlton who are wanting to sell him.

That narrows it down a bit ;) - Can't see anyone not trying to engineer a move out of this circus!!
  • dickplumb said:

This player is trying to force through a move. It is not Charlton who are wanting to sell him.

Maybe konza had his head turned after being away for the u20 World Cup
  • Imagine if we end up with Novak leading the line... There won't be a replacement either knowing them