Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• cfgs said:

dickplumb said:

This player is trying to force through a move. It is not Charlton who are wanting to sell him.

That narrows it down a bit ;) - Can't see anyone not trying to engineer a move out of this circus!!
    If it is true and it is Magennis, the only forward we have that can thrive in this system that would be pure Roland era gold.
    Thrive? He scored 9 goals...
  • dickplumb said:

This player is trying to force through a move. It is not Charlton who are wanting to sell him.

Is this a rumour or something you actually know?

It has to be Konsa, surely? Can't see Josh being the type of person to force a move. What about Bauer, his best mate has gone and might want to leave as well?
  • If it's Konsa or Magennis let them go. Both replaceable.

ffs we haven't got enough bodies as it is. We would need to replace and then some.

Let's go into the season without losing even more players, please.
  • Josh is in the last year of his contract and we've already heard Robbo saying he wants to get him to sign a new one. Maybe he has refused that so we are looking to get some cash
  • If it's Konsa or Magennis let them go. Both replaceable.

ffs we haven't got enough bodies as it is. We would need to replace and then some.

Let's go into the season without losing even more players, please.
    I agree completely but if they're trying to force a move do we really want them here? I would rather not lose either of them of course but sometimes players just need to go.
  • As I posted earlier, it is a rumour posted by somebody on Not606. When asked who it was he wouldn't say. The poster then put up three names Magennis, Holmes or Konsa, he replied it was one of those. I know nothing about it. Just passing on the information.
  • Sage said:

dickplumb said:

It has to be Konsa, surely? Can't see Josh being the type of person to force a move. What about Bauer, his best mate has gone and might want to leave as well?
    Didn't he do exactly that when we bought him from Kilmarnock? Pretty sure i remember he refused to play in a game just after we'd bid for him, trotting out the "not in the right frame of mind to play" excuse.
  • dickplumb said:

As I posted earlier, it is a rumour posted by somebody on Not606. When asked who it was he wouldn't say. The poster then put up three names Magennis, Holmes or Konsa, he replied it was one of those. I know nothing about it. Just passing on the information.

Been told this week from a good source that there is a firm offer of £3.5m for Konsa. Don't know from which club.
  • Might explain why Konsa didn't play last night
  • Reckon it's Konza particularly as KR hasn't offloaded Sarr, with CC and Tex.
    They are a shower.
    The sums don't add up. Loads in from Ade etc, peanuts spent.
    And the prize for selling Konza is allegedly a second rate keeper, not the 4/5 players we need.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:

dickplumb said:

Didn't he do exactly that when we bought him from Kilmarnock? Pretty sure i remember he refused to play in a game just after we'd bid for him, trotting out the "not in the right frame of mind to play" excuse.
    Josh seems to be a proper Charlton player and character. Spends a lot of time with the community, is a religious man, and is very well liked amongst the group. I can't see him going anywhere.

dickplumb said:

As I posted earlier, it is a rumour posted by somebody on Not606. When asked who it was he wouldn't say. The poster then put up three names Magennis, Holmes or Konsa, he replied it was one of those. I know nothing about it. Just passing on the information.

Been told this week from a good source that there is a firm offer of £3.5m for Konsa. Don't know from which club.
    Now this seems more likely... depending on how much we got up front and whether we could 100% use the money on the squad, I think that is a good deal. Konsa is a great player and the potential is great, but if he doesn't leave this summer, he almost certainly won't be here by this time next year.
  • Also Konsa didn't get a kick against Norwich.....
  • cfgs said:

dickplumb said:

That narrows it down a bit ;) - Can't see anyone not trying to engineer a move out of this circus!!
    If it is true and it is Magennis, the only forward we have that can thrive in this system that would be pure Roland era gold.
    When he arrived he was brilliant then he got injured and his form wasn't the same on his return. If he was to perform like he did on his arrival and with his pace etc he is the only decent option as the lone frontman we have.
  • Has to be konsa. Holmes has signed a new contract and the club have openly said josh is next.

If that's konsas attitude then put him back in the u23's. It will be good for him to acclimatise to u23 football again because that's all he will get this year if he leaves. He has potential but isn't gomez or lookman, never of whom are premier league starters.
  • cfgs said:

dickplumb said:

10, but point taken.
  • I don't think the bid for Konsa is a prem club but a championship one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Shame that Konsa is so eager to move so quickly... Joe Gomez on the other hand only expressed interest in going once Liverpool had made an offer, same as Jonjo Shelvey etc.
  • Embarrassing
  • If true then...
    £3.5M price.
    We get 5% back to spend on the team, so £175K.
    Ben Amos, Clarke and Fosu.
    Roland gets closer to break even.
    We get closer to league two.

How does selling konsa take us closer to league 2?
  • Any sale of Konsa for £3.5 million to a premiership club needs to have a very substantial sell on clause and so forth.
    I think it is too cheap for the money in the Prem even if it is a lot of money for Roland.
  • Swisdom said:

£3.5 is not enough imo. He's going to be an awesome ball playing centre back. What did John Stones go for when he was younger - Konsa makes fewer mistakes than he did then and he just went for £46m

The money in the prem is ludicrous so £3.5 on a punt is peanuts

But if it suits Roland& stuffs his overflowing coffers even more, then it will happen.