Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Don't think Amos would cost anything. Bolton want rid:
    http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40568427
  • If we were selling to buy a top striker I could understand it. But for a goal keeper? There should be a few good ones looking for a loan next season from further up the food chain.
  • Amos would be a good signing, but not at the expense of Konsa.
  • dickplumb said:

I like Konsa, but 3.5 million is a very good price.

It would have been three years ago.
  • Not happened yet and it seems odd that the source is hedging their bets by giving three names.

But Bowyer said Konsa might be going and Robinson said last week one or two might go. And a league 1 club selling its good young players, especially this one, isn't a surprise.
  • dickplumb said:

As I posted earlier, it is a rumour posted by somebody on Not606. When asked who it was he wouldn't say. The poster then put up three names Magennis, Holmes or Konsa, he replied it was one of those. I know nothing about it. Just passing on the information.

Been told this week from a good source that there is a firm offer of £3.5m for Konsa. Don't know from which club.
    Would be very underpriced if true. It's always hard to know how these deals are structured and what is guaranteed versus add-ons, sell on clause, etc., but given the money in the game we should get twice that in my opinion.

Should have gotten a lot more for Joe Gomez than we did as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope we sell Konya for peanuts, it only goes straight into Roland's pocket - See Lookman
  • Not happened yet and it seems odd that the source is hedging their bets by giving three names.

But Bowyer said Konsa might be going and Robinson said last week one or two might go. And a league 1 club selling its good young players, especially this one, isn't a surprise.

The source didn't give three names. One of the other posters put up three names and he said it was one of them. He has not said who it is.

• If true then...
    £3.5M price.
    We get 5% back to spend on the team, so £175K.
    Ben Amos, Clarke and Fosu.
    Roland gets closer to break even.
    We get closer to league two.

How does selling konsa take us closer to league 2?
    Erm by selling out best (and only) ball playing centre back, who is also our right back and centre mid cover, for peanuts and not investing any of the money.
    Dijksteel(spelling) looks a lot better defensive midfielder and I don't rate konsa at right back. I would prefer Barnes as back up. Is he a guaranteed starter at centre back ahead of Bauer and Pearce over a 46 game season? Konsa has a lot to learn and sellinghim will not mean relegation.
  • dickplumb said:

Not happened yet and it seems odd that the source is hedging their bets by giving three names.

The source didn't give three names. One of the other posters put up three names and he said it was one of them. He has not said who it is.

Fair enough, my mistake.
  • Agree it must be Konsa. If he's trying to push it through then I don't doubt it will happen.

£3.5 million isn't a bad price but only if the money is re invested which we know it won't be.
  • edited July 2017
    dickplumb said:

I like Konsa, but 3.5 million is a very good price.

It would be if the £3.5m went to Robinson to spend on players and not in to Roly's bank account.
  • The £3.5m will help pay for Sarr's wages which must be significant...
  • I think we've had better and have got better in dijksteel and dont mind him being sold. The problem is, this means Roland thinks his plan is working
  • Redhenry said:

Calm down it's a rumour from some bloke on 606.

Substantiated by Airman Brown.
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

Josh is in the last year of his contract and we've already heard Robbo saying he wants to get him to sign a new one. Maybe he has refused that so we are looking to get some cash

Have read others on here saying Josh doesn't look interested in pre-season games!
  • edited July 2017

Redhenry said:

Calm down it's a rumour from some bloke on 606.

Substantiated by Airman Brown.
    Not quite. I've said that I've heard there is a firm offer for Konsa for £3.5m. I've also heard that Charlton want to sell him.

I haven't heard anything about what the player wants or said that Charlton have accepted the offer.
  • edited July 2017

If true then...
    £3.5M price.
    We get 5% back to spend on the team, so £175K.
    Ben Amos, Clarke and Fosu.
    Roland gets closer to break even.
    We get closer to league two.

How does selling konsa take us closer to league 2?
    Erm by selling out best (and only) ball playing centre back, who is also our right back and centre mid cover, for peanuts and not investing any of the money.
    Dijksteel(spelling) looks a lot better defensive midfielder and I don't rate konsa at right back. I would prefer Barnes as back up. Is he a guaranteed starter at centre back ahead of Bauer and Pearce over a 46 game season? Konsa has a lot to learn and sellinghim will not mean relegation.
    You're forgetting the whole issue of not having a proper squad and relying on youth players to be back up in every position which has been our undoing in each of the last 3 seasons.

Konsa is a young player but is proven at this level we cannot afford to lose him at centre back let alone the versatility and cover he brings in multiple other positions given the lack of depth and lack of utility players in the squad.
    But Dijksteel would start as...fifth choice for the midfield two. And RCC as sixth choice. I

When it comes to RB, I think Barnes has looked good in preseason, and according to seth looked good for the U23s last year. But beyond that we have RCC, who I thought looked very, very good against Dover, and Dijksteel, who apparently looked very good against Norwich.

Maybe it'd be better to have two experienced right backs, especially someone who could push Solly, but at this point I think that would be to the detriment of Barnes' development, and perhaps that of the other two. There is never a perfect time to blood youngsters in serious competitions. But I think the three of them have shown in pre-season that they're at least ready to be given a shot. Having three options not including Konsa allows us to spread the risk around a bit, so if Barnes isn't ready one of the other could step in.
  • Selling Konsa for £3 might be a give away, but if say £2m went to KR, it could help us get promoted - a bit like the Jenkinson deal helped Powell. If the first part happened, I wouldn't expect the second part to with this mob!
  • I don't think the bid for Konsa is a prem club but a championship one.

A division higher than us.
  • Swisdom said:

£3.5 is not enough imo. He's going to be an awesome ball playing centre back. What did John Stones go for when he was younger - Konsa makes fewer mistakes than he did then and he just went for £46m

The money in the prem is ludicrous so £3.5 on a punt is peanuts

I blame the Belgians.