Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Sounds to me like Stewart might only come in if Reeves doesn't.
  • Since Reeves was at the stadium today and is reported to sign tomorrow, we can forget about Stewart.
  • I just dont see where else Reeves will go if he doesnt sign for us... His whole Summer appears to have revolved about him coming to the Valley and surely if he was gonna join another club he'd have done so long ago.

Its a shame players are so wooden with their interviews when they join now as it would be interesting to properly hear whats happened
  • What I can't understand is if Reeves really was any good why hasn't another club stepped in for him yet?

I'm finding it hard to get excited about this one tbh.
  • Since Reeves was at the stadium today and is reported to sign tomorrow, we can forget about Stewart.

Yes
  • Scoham said:

Sounds to me like Stewart might only come in if Reeves doesn't.

Since Reeves was at the stadium today and is reported to sign tomorrow, we can forget about Stewart.

Erm one is a 10 the other is a winger. They dint really cover the same positions.

Whilst Reeves is the better player I think we have a bigger need for someone out wide.
  • Reeves plays a lot on the right hand side
  • What I can't understand is if Reeves really was any good why hasn't another club stepped in for him yet?

Have a look.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZmXS26PNBA&t=5s
  • edited July 2017
    Maddison has too much baggage - we aren't interested

One of those players that could be amazing but needs to sort his noggin out
  • Sponsored links:

Hmmm... ok. The disguised pass for the goal at 1.41 was nice I admit.
  • Swisdom said:

Maddison has too much baggage - we aren't interested

One of those players that could be amazing but needs to sort his noggin out

We would be interested, it's the costs involved that would rule maddison out
  • Scoham said:

Since Reeves was at the stadium today and is reported to sign tomorrow, we can forget about Stewart.

Erm one is a 10 the other is a winger. They dint really cover the same positions.

Whilst Reeves is the better player I think we have a bigger need for someone out wide.
    Agree though I don't think KR will be allowed a signing in both positions. He'll be expected to move Fosu around and make use of players like KAG, Watt etc if needed.

Reeves is a quality player. Would be a massive coup
  • http://m.kentlive.news/charlton-boss-targeting-two-more-signings-next-week/story-30461367-detail/story.html

KR wanted 1 attacking player before Marshall was injured, now he wants 2.

Also talks about a left back but says Jackson and Sarr could fill in there.

Hahahaha I'm so happy it's not just me who thought this
    He looks like the baby Andrew flintoff that keeps getting shown on a league of their own.

not cute enough, brings to mind an old joke

Ben Reeves walks into a bar, the bar man says why the long face?

• Sponsored links:

• edited July 2017

What I can't understand is if Reeves really was any good why hasn't another club stepped in for him yet?

Have a look..
    Didn't mean this is a nasty way btw. Just trying to make the point that every player has a decent looking YouTube video... even Izale McLeod.

If Reeves signs it'll be good to have him. If he doesn't sign it's not the end of the world.

Will be delighted if he signs, proves me wrong and he's worth millions in 12 months time but as of right now, he can't get a gig in the second tier. That's why he was at a third tier team's friendly today. Let's not go overboard on him.
  • stonemuse said:
    So what's his agent coming with him for? Negotiate a bigger portion of chips at half time?
    Free entry to all the lounges when he prices himself out of a move :wink:
  • I would prefer we offloaded Lennon then keep 5 CBs with poor LB cover

Have a look..
    Didn't mean this is a nasty way btw. Just trying to make the point that every player has a decent looking YouTube video... even Izale McLeod.

If Reeves signs it'll be good to have him. If he doesn't sign it's not the end of the world.

Will be delighted if he signs, proves me wrong and he's worth millions in 12 months time but as of right now, he can't get a gig in the second tier. That's why he was at a third tier team's friendly today. Let's not go overboard on him.
    I agree with this, but he's a quality proven 1 player nonetheless

Have a look..

I basically agree with you so no worries.
  • edited July 2017
    Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Agree though I don't think KR will be allowed a signing in both positions. He'll be expected to move Fosu around and make use of players like KAG, Watt etc if needed.
    Agree. Which is why I think we should prioritise a winger. We have Clarke Fosu and Watt to play 10 with the likes of Holmes who can fill in. Plenty of depth there. Out wide we only have Holmes and Fosu before we have the likes of KAG an RCC as cover. I can't imagine Stewart's wage demands are huge. Surely the budget can stretch to get him in until Jan as well as Reeves.
  • Hopefully he'll buy a new set of jeans with his new contract.