Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• only a year left on his contract isnt there?
  • If we aren't willing to offer £1M for Matty Taylor or Will Grigg because they aren't proven in The Championship, then there's no way we would pay more for Godden, who's not proven in L1.

But they have proven that that can't do it in the Championship
  • If we aren't willing to offer £1M for Matty Taylor or Will Grigg because they aren't proven in The Championship, then there's no way we would pay more for Godden, who's not proven in L1.

But the regime have learnt from their mistakes!!!!!!!!!
  • The only time RD will spend a lot of money is when he is advised by someone from Belgium. I cannot see him trusting KR and his team with a £1m
  • Never seen Godden play but we probably need to be wary of strikers who have had one or two good seasons at a lower level. They're always a gamble but, for every success, there are several Andy Joneses and Nicky Ajoses.

Whatever moves we make, I expect that prices will become very much more realistic towards the end of the month when poor old lower league owners are forced with writing their monthly cheques to keep things afloat.
  • edited August 2017
    Seen his goal clips. Very right footed but physical and while not in Josh league not slow. His one-footedness highlights the fact we have no striker coach. Have we ever? In the days of leather footballs that weighed a ton when wet, my father who played for Tasmania against China in 50s, used to train with a slipper on his right to encourage him to kick with his left.
  • Will Grigg would be interesting considering he is used to playing with Magennis and Clarke in the Northern Irish team.
  • Seen his goal clips. Very right footed but physical and while not in Josh league not slow. His one-footedness highlights the fact we have no striker coach. Have we ever?

Yes Eddie Firmani, happy birthday by the way Eddie.
  • vff said:

Will Grigg would be interesting considering he is used to playing with Magennis and Clarke in the Northern Irish team.

Billy Clarke the southern Irish former u21 international or am I missing something? Reeves has a handful of n Irish caps
  • Sponsored links:

• vff said:

Will Grigg would be interesting considering he is used to playing with Magennis and Clarke in the Northern Irish team.

Clarke is ROI
  • Seen his goal clips. Very right footed but physical and while not in Josh league not slow. His one-footedness highlights the fact we have no striker coach. Have we ever? In the days of leather footballs that weighed a ton when wet, my father who played for Tasmania against China in 50s, used to train with a slipper on his right to encourage him to kick with his left.

Was this your dad?

• Seen his goal clips. Very right footed but physical and while not in Josh league not slow. His one-footedness highlights the fact we have no striker coach. Have we ever? In the days of leather footballs that weighed a ton when wet, my father who played for Tasmania against China in 50s, used to train with a slipper on his right to encourage him to kick with his left.

My father (who is 85) said this a few years ago - said he did it when he was a teenager & reckon a few England internationals should have tried it (can't remember now who he was referring to). My dad was scouted by W Ham at age 15/16 but was advised to decline any offers as he had to earn "real money" in a trade as his dad had died & needed to bring in money for the family.
  • Perhaps Karl Robinson has taken to reading CL.
  • we have no chance of signing Grigg
  • Perhaps Karl Robinson has taken to reading CL.
    Lord I hope not. He'd be suicidal if he did.
  • Isn't Maddison available for less than 1.5m? I'd say he's more established than Godden
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

Isn't Maddison available for less than 1.5m? I'd say he's more established than Godden

KR has already stated they're not interested in Maddison because of his off field attitude.
  • Essex_Al said:

sam3110 said:

Isn't Maddison available for less than 1.5m? I'd say he's more established than Godden

KR has already stated they're not interested in Maddison because of his off field attitude.
    And Maddison is more of an "attacker," i.e. one more likely to play across the attacking line of three than he is a lone center forward, and we are not want for attackers.
  • It's already been said that Godden won't be £1.5m. Probably more like 500k + add ons.
  • SDAddick said:

Essex_Al said:

sam3110 said:

And Maddison is more of an "attacker," i.e. one more likely to play across the attacking line of three than he is a lone center forward, and we are not want for attackers.
    I disagree.

• Not sure we'd still be in for him but Harry Forrester's been linked again.
  • Scoham said:

Not sure we'd still be in for him but Harry Forrester's been linked again.
    I think that's more a case of "we have been interested in him in the past." Robinson said after the Norwich game that having seen Dijksteel at right back he didn't feel we need further cover there. I'm inclined to agree as we also have Barnes and Charles-Cook who can play there, and Konsa who played there last season. Think it's to the point where signing another player would hinder their progress.
  • SDAddick said:

Scoham said:

I think that's more a case of "we have been interested in him in the past." Robinson said after the Norwich game that having seen Dijksteel at right back he didn't feel we need further cover there. I'm inclined to agree as we also have Barnes and Charles-Cook who can play there, and Konsa who played there last season. Think it's to the point where signing another player would hinder their progress.
    Harry Forrester is a winger, he'd play one of the three behind the striker. Be instead of us signing Stewart for example. Would be good in League One.
  • SDAddick said:

Scoham said:

Forrester isn't a full-back, you are possibly being confused with Lee Hodson who we were linked with who is predominatly a right-back (both play for Rangers).

Even so, I still think we lack cover at full-back. Our only options to cover Solly are youngsters, and we have insufficient cover at left-back until Page is back.
  • edited August 2017
    we need a striker ffs !!! Novak is suspended & Big Mag is injured - he may be back for Plymouth, but may be out for a week or two more (we all know what our physio team are like). Can't be playing KAG or Watt up front on their own if KR wants to play his favoured system.