Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• think I'll wait till the end of the season to see if he's done a good job or not, if that's all right with you, ffs

Agreed but Harrys got a point. Things are looking positive so be nice to get behind him rather than giving him unnecessary stick!
    I'll wait until the end of the transfer window thanks before deciding whether things are positive. If there are no sales I will agree with you. However if Douchbag decides to cash in on some of our talented youngsters, things will not look so rosy.
  • think I'll wait till the end of the season to see if he's done a good job or not, if that's all right with you, ffs

Agreed but Harrys got a point. Things are looking positive so be nice to get behind him rather than giving him unnecessary stick!
    I'll wait until the end of the transfer window thanks before deciding whether things are positive. If there are no sales I will agree with you. However if Douchbag decides to cash in on some of our talented youngsters, things will not look so rosy.
    Like who? Other than Konsa I can't see any others attracting serious interest. Aribo hasn't done enough.

We'd still have 4 centre backs if Konsa went. I'd ideally like 5 but we'd still have 2 players per position.
  • Scoham said:

think I'll wait till the end of the season to see if he's done a good job or not, if that's all right with you, ffs

Like who? Other than Konsa I can't see any others attracting serious interest. Aribo hasn't done enough.

We'd still have 4 centre backs if Konsa went. I'd ideally like 5 but we'd still have 2 players per position.
    Do you really want Sarr starting in the league as soon as Bauer or Peace get injured/suspended?
  • Scoham said:

think I'll wait till the end of the season to see if he's done a good job or not, if that's all right with you, ffs

I'd be amazed if he didn't sign a centre back to replace Konsa if he goes. Sarr would cost us too many points and Lennon is still injured
  • edited August 2017

That still wouldn't be Robinson's fault so he doesn't deserve stick for anything and everything he says
  • Scoham said:

With Lennon still being injured Konsa is our next choice if we pick up an injury.
    Sell him now and Sarr is next in line.
    I think Konsa should stay as he can cover several positions
  • Scoham said:

With Lennon still being injured Konsa is our next choice if we pick up an injury.
    Sell him now and Sarr is next in line.
    I think Konsa should stay as he can cover several positions
    I think we all want him to stay but we all know RD could cash in.

I agree Sarr should be 4th choice. If Konsa goes we would need a quality replacement
  • edited August 2017
    Scoham said:

Konsa is of course the obvious one. But I don't share your enthusiasm about Sarr stepping up and replacing him.

And don't underestimate how the big clubs will already be aware of those coming through the youth ranks. Mate of mine does some scouting for Norwich on a part time basis and they were already well aware of Dijkstel before we played them in a friendly.

• Scoham said:

Konsa is of course the obvious one. But I don't share your enthusiasm about Sarr stepping up and replacing him.

And don't underestimate how the big clubs will already be aware of those coming through the youth ranks. Mate of mine does some scouting for Norwich on a part time basis and they were already well aware of Dijkstel before we played them in a friendly.

He was linked with premier league clubs in January so no surprise clubs are aware of him. I highly doubt anyone would sign him yet, he needs to break through here first
  • Sponsored links:

• Being third choice centre back at a league one club won't command the sort of fee Duchatelet is looking for. Selling him now really doesn't make much sense.

Ezri is certainly good enough to make the breakthrough and once he's done that his value will rocket. At some point during this season he will get his chance and if he can get 15 or so games under his belt I think we might see some serious interest during the summer.

Alternatively. RD will grab whatever he can as soon as he can because he wants out. Have Everton really tabled a £3.5 million bid ?
  • It may be of benefit that Ezri appears to be 3rd choice at the moment, less playing time, less interest
  • It may be of benefit that Ezri appears to be 3rd choice at the moment, less playing time, less interest

wouldn't be surprised if Robinson is doing this on purpose. Regardless, Pearce and Bauer are a decent partnership.

wouldn't be surprised if Robinson is doing this on purpose. Regardless, Pearce and Bauer are a decent partnership.
    Pearce and Bauer are better L1 defenders. When the opposition start lumping balls into the box at their target man striker, they're much better at the aerial and physical stuff than Konsa at the moment (he's still young and probably needs to fill out a bit)
  • Crusty54 said:

Scoham said:

Do you really want Sarr starting in the league as soon as Bauer or Peace get injured/suspended?

Scoham said:

Having seen him play I think Sarr has improved out of all recognition and his long passes are superb and will split defences. He is streets ahead of Lennon.
    Again last season's perception of Sarr is still the opinion of many. Positivity breeds positivity just as negativity breeds negativity

You can't even say his performances will do the talking because I heard fans at Dover slagging him off for everything he did even though he was arguably our best player.

Pearce and Bauer are better L1 defenders. When the opposition start lumping balls into the box at their target man striker, they're much better at the aerial and physical stuff than Konsa at the moment (he's still young and probably needs to fill out a bit)
    yeah I wouldn't disagree with that. He's still a good 3rd choice option though.
  • edited August 2017

It may be of benefit that Ezri appears to be 3rd choice at the moment, less playing time, less interest

Find it very hard to separate Konsa & Bauer, think Pearce is the best we have. Konsa is quicker and better on the ball, but Bauer is great in the air and good for the odd goal. A tricky one
  • Sponsored links:

Find it very hard to separate Konsa & Bauer, think Pearce is the best we have. Konsa is quicker and better on the ball, but Bauer is great in the air and good for the odd goal. A tricky one
    nice problem to have for a change. Konsa is just missing out now, but I am sure all 3 will see plenty of football (if Konsa stays).

I don't think that's how it works for 19 year old England youth internationals. In the modern game bigger clubs buy players on potential alone. Do you think Everton care where he is in our pecking order? He's got to be seen as being 2-3 years away from being considered to play for them even if he was first choice right now.

• Scoham said:

I'm not convinced by Sarr either but my point was our chances of a good season don't end if Konsa is sold.

They will definitely be well aware of who's coming through. I just don't think any youngster other than Konsa is likely to leave this summer.
  • I think a premier league club looking at him and thinking he's not even in a league 1 first team, he might be worth a punt but the bids would probably come in under our valuation of him, maybe it's wishful thinking on my part
  • SDAddick said:

It may be of benefit that Ezri appears to be 3rd choice at the moment, less playing time, less interest

I don't think that's how it works for 19 year old England youth internationals. In the modern game bigger clubs buy players on potential alone. Do you think Everton care where he is in our pecking order? He's got to be seen as being 2-3 years away from being considered to play for them even if he was first choice right now.

Lookman was a first team player, and indeed one of the first on the teamsheet, I'm sure PL teams would notice that. After all most PL clubs are loaning out their 19 year olds to L1 clubs (e.g. DaSilva)
  • I'm pretty sure that just before the sky transfer centre that the sky presenter said something about us being close to signing Harry Forrester on a free transfer from Rangers! Mind you I wasn't listening 100% ! I heard Forrester, Charlton, free transfer!
  • uie2 said:

I'm pretty sure that just before the sky transfer centre that the sky presenter said something about us being close to signing Harry Forrester on a free transfer from Rangers! Mind you I wasn't listening 100% ! I heard Forrester, Charlton, free transfer!

Just had a quick look on S.Sports website and it just mentioned we were interested at one point, I would like him here even now.. great little player and can also play behind the striker.
  • uie2 said:

I'm pretty sure that just before the sky transfer centre that the sky presenter said something about us being close to signing Harry Forrester on a free transfer from Rangers! Mind you I wasn't listening 100% ! I heard Forrester, Charlton, free transfer!

Just had a quick look on S.Sports website and it just mentioned we were interested at one point, I would like him here even now.. great little player and can also play behind the striker.
    Yea it just said Forrester turned down Southend, wants Championship football

Agreed.