Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• uie2 said:

Imagine if this was true!! Promotion!
    We'd sell the rest of the squad first
  • edited July 2017
    cafc4life said:

Sochaux who signed Ba last week have today signed Bergdich too. Their fans don't know what they are in for, poor fuckers

Same agent?

Edit.. Duchatelet was once interested in buying Sochaux.

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.football365.fr/sochaux-j-c-plessis-implique-dans-le-rachat-du-club-2064493.html&prev=search
  • edited July 2017

“Tex has gone to St Truiden – we’re two separate things so that came off my wage bill,” he added.

Hold on, doesn't Roland pretend he doesn't / didn't own STTV?

I think you mean Standard Liege.
    Actually it's all rather mysterious and complicated.......as is the norm with anything involving Goldfinger and his cloobs.
  • cabbles said:

Macronate said:

Speaking of Darren Bent:

Imagine if any of us had been that stupid over the last few years

Think of some of the dross you could have on your bum cheek
    You'd have to have quite a big bum for all our dross to be tattooed.
    Wouldn't be a huge problem for certain parts of nla's anatomy....

( so I'm told)
  • “Tex has gone to St Truiden – we’re two separate things so that came off my wage bill,” he added.

Hold on, doesn't Roland pretend he doesn't / didn't own STTV?

That was while he owned Standard Liege. I believe he subsequently took public control of Sint-Truiden again, although he has since sold a share of it.
    Do you only discuss the owner of the club, it appears that you never discuss football and how the team are playing and general Charlton or is now just an obsession of yours?
    Yes, I went to Dover last night simply to see if Duchatelet was there. Obviously.
    Was he?
    A little bit to much to expect after he did the "Double Banker" on saturday! ;)
  • Whilst I can understand the desire to move out unwanted players and get their salaries off the books before committing to bringing new players in, you do have to wonder why the Texeira and Ceballos exits could not have been managed earlier. After all, it is not as if a certain gentleman could not have influenced things.
  • Desperately need a left back and a keeper before the start of the season.

I expect another two squad players to arrive on loan or free transfers just before the end of the transfer window.

Struggling to see where the goals are coming from, apart from Josh and Holmes.

Cannot see Novak or Watt getting more than 5 this season between them.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2017
    Oh bloody hell, this is pathetic...

Anyway, back to what this thread is about. It's a shame he's gone as I do think he would've been effective this season. Of course physically he isn't great but nor are many players in League One and they do fine.

If it allows Robinson to eventually do some business, which he should've been able to do by now but for more obstacles to be placed in front of him, then that's the positive side.

A goalkeeper, Dasilva, a winger, a striker and hopefully still a number 10 (even I have started to give up on Reeves, the offer is on the table, he is just looking at his options but the season is fast approaching).

Should start to see more incoming activity soon, maybe one before the weekend.
  • Sage said:

Anyway, back to what this thread is about. It's a shame he's gone as I do think he would've been effective this season. Of course physically he isn't great but nor are many players in League One and they do fine.

If it allows Robinson to eventually do some business, which he should've been able to do by now but for more obstacles to be placed in front of him, then that's the positive side.

A goalkeeper, Dasilva, a winger, a striker and hopefully still a number 10 (even I have started to give up on Reeves, the offer is on the table, he is just looking at his options but the season is fast approaching).

If Reeves is waiting for the right option, which of course he's entitled to do, then surely his lack of match fitness will be a problem to potential clubs? May make finding a club slightly more difficult I think.
  • the lack of even rumours is in itself worrying. Same old same old.
  • Sage said:

If Reeves is waiting for the right option, which of course he's entitled to do, then surely his lack of match fitness will be a problem to potential clubs? May make finding a club slightly more difficult I think.
    He is entitled to you are correct.
    Personally I think he has a greedy agent who is holding out for a championship club.
    From what I'm led to believe Charlton have made him an offer significantly better than he was on.
    If we sign someone else and a championship club doesn't come in for him he will be forced to join another league one club and probably for less than we are offering.
    I for one would laugh me nuts off.
  • AND BACK TO TRANSFERS:

Jed Steer whoever he is has been linked with a loan move from Aston Villa to CAFC. (Courtesy of Cambridge News - He was on loan there last season)

Anyone know anything of this Goalkeeper is he any good?
  • Have we signed anyone YET!!!!!!
  • Dazzler21 said:

AND BACK TO TRANSFERS:

Jed Steer whoever he is has been linked with a loan move from Aston Villa to CAFC. (Courtesy of Cambridge News - He was on loan there last season)

Anyone know anything of this Goalkeeper is he any good?

He thinks his opinions are superior to other goalkeepers opinions, it's opne knowledge so on that basis I don't want him
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:

He is entitled to you are correct.
    Personally I think he has a greedy agent who is holding out for a championship club.
    From what I'm led to believe Charlton have made him an offer significantly better than he was on.
    If we sign someone else and a championship club doesn't come in for him he will be forced to join another league one club and probably for less than we are offering.
    I for one would laugh me nuts off.
    Agent thing is very viable thing due to the nature of the business! Hes a good player but obviously you want someone who wants to actually play for Charlton. Shame if Reeves agent is holding up any deal, wont make much out of a player who no one wants!
  • Josh Wright linked on Sky News. Really prefer Lapslie despite no senior appearances.
  • Josh Wright linked on Sky News. Really prefer Lapslie despite no senior appearances.

I bet he is in his last year of contract and this is to put some pressure on the Scally. Not what we need.
  • Progress with the nice Blue away top, another backward step with Ceballos leaving.
  • Redrobo said:

Josh Wright linked on Sky News. Really prefer Lapslie despite no senior appearances.

I bet he is in his last year of contract and this is to put some pressure on the Scally. Not what we need.
    Doubt KR would've made much of a comment if this was the case. Would've been a much more straight up denial.
  • Redrobo said:

Josh Wright linked on Sky News. Really prefer Lapslie despite no senior appearances.

Can't Josh Wright just hop on The Valley Express to get here? Scally will understand.
  • Reckon dasilva will be signed tomorrow and will be modelling the new kit