Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• cabbles said:

Macronate said:

Speaking of Darren Bent:

Imagine if any of us had been that stupid over the last few years

Think of some of the dross you could have on your bum cheek
    You'd have to have quite a big bum for all our dross to be tattooed.
  • I'd take Darren back in a heartbeat by the way, but we'd have to agree that Derby will pay 95% of his wages, and they've only just got him to sign a new deal there, and I doubt they done that to then loan him out, especially to a team like us. Proper dreamer whoever cooked up that rumour
  • Has anything been said about Mag signing a new contract? (By the club, not on here/Kent Live)
  • cabbles said:

Macronate said:

Speaking of Darren Bent:

Andy Delort!
  • edited July 2017

Has anything been said about Mag signing a new contract? (By the club, not on here/Kent Live)

Not that I know, I don't think it'll be too high on their priorities.
  • cabbles said:

Macronate said:

Speaking of Darren Bent:

Where's the Sheff Weds away match thread from a few years back?
  • Has anything been said about Mag signing a new contract? (By the club, not on here/Kent Live)

Not that I know, I don't think it'll be too high on their priorities.
    Exactly. Let him earn it first. Jury is still out as to whether he can score the goals we need from our lead striker to get us out of the 3rd tier.
  • Josh wrights brother mark has just tweeted the transfer story saying if it's gills or Chsrlton for him both clubs mean a lot to him.
  • Spongefoot's a free agent , turned down a contract offer from Hibs
  • Spongefoot's a free agent , turned down a contract offer from Hibs

Who ??
  • Sponsored links:

• FAVADDICK said:

Spongefoot's a free agent , turned down a contract offer from Hibs

Who ??
    Churchinho
  • Just been extremely reliably informed that bid has been rejected for Josh Wright. Apparantly just testing water so I expect a second bid and I reckon we will sign him as he wants to come. Don't see the need myself.
  • Will Scallywag sell to us?
  • Just been extremely reliably informed that bid has been rejected for Josh Wright. Apparantly just testing water so I expect a second bid and I reckon we will sign him as he wants to come. Don't see the need myself.

Scored 2 in a 10-0 friendly win tonight.
  • http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/15419084._He_s_a_player_I_really_like___Charlton_boss_responds_to_Gillingham_star_links/

This is interesting, if it is anymore than a smokescreen it's also admitting that we've given up on Reeves.
  • "He's a player that was fifth on my list of preferred options I really like"
  • He still says 4 players.
    Surely these are a goalie, rb, lb and a striker ?
    If Wright is coming are we playing rush goalie ?
  • edited July 2017

He still says 4 players.

Not a striker I'd say.
  • He still says 4 players.

Pretty sure KR said the other day he wants a keeper, LB, winger and striker.

Still can't believe we haven't signed a keeper, hopefully the LB will be Dasilva, then it's anyones guess as to who else we get.
  • Sponsored links:

• fake twitter account ?? Can't see this in a million years. wages too much / not the type of player KR wants etc etc
    It's a real twitter account, just very likely it's bs.
  • Doubt we could attract Marcus Bent these days, so there is literally no chance of us getting Darren. He played pretty much every week for Derby last season and signed a new 1 year deal.
  • Doubt we could attract Marcus Bent these days, so there is literally no chance of us getting Darren. He played pretty much every week for Derby last season and signed a new 1 year deal.

Marcus Bent is on a treasure hunt with Shaun Newton according to his agent.

They were powdering their noses together one night and got a bit restless, thought it might be fun to go looking for car keys in people's houses
  • ^ wasn't long ago KR told us he wanted his business done early and that wages were not a problem. Now we are being told to be patient and that some outgoing so need to happen before incomings.

Dejavu.
  • Well to be fair at least Clarke is one more option at no.10 than we had last season.
  • Scoham said:

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/15419084._He_s_a_player_I_really_like___Charlton_boss_responds_to_Gillingham_star_links/

This is interesting, if it is anymore than a smokescreen it's also admitting that we've given up on Reeves.

Good to know after Clarke our options at "no. 10" are moving our best player out of position, a young striker that's struggled at first team level and a young attacking player that is unproven and may be more of a winger.

No mention of Ceballos playing, that surely suggests he's off. Probably one of the "one or two more things" he said need to do before doing more business (https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/27249/charlton-boss-karl-robinson-makes-selection-revelation-admits-naby-sarr-might-back-plans/).

Wasn't long ago KR wanted 2 equally good players per position. Now he's basically saying the key position in the midfield will be covered by whoever might do a job there.

I really hope Clarke is a big success otherwise that position is going to be a problem.
    Yup Ceballos has all but gone based on that article...

Shame because if Sarr has played back into his plans then what was Cristian doing for four games?
  • Scoham said:

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/15419084._He_s_a_player_I_really_like___Charlton_boss_responds_to_Gillingham_star_links/

Good to know after Clarke our options at "no. 10" are moving our best player out of position, a young striker that's struggled at first team level and a young attacking player that is unproven and may be more of a winger.

No mention of Ceballos playing, that surely suggests he's off. Probably one of the "one or two more things" he said need to do before doing more business (https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/27249/charlton-boss-karl-robinson-makes-selection-revelation-admits-naby-sarr-might-back-plans/).

Wasn't long ago KR wanted 2 equally good players per position. Now he's basically saying the key position in the midfield will be covered by whoever might do a job there.

I really hope Clarke is a big success otherwise that position is going to be a problem.
    Yup Ceballos has all but gone based on that article...

Shame because if Sarr has played back into his plans then what was Cristian doing for four games?
    Spot on! If the argument that Sarr has improved the same must be said of Ceballos who has performed better according to most