Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• When fit we're looking at:

New keeper

Solly Pearce Bauer new left back

Kashi JFC

Marshall Clarke Holmes

Magennis

Subs: Phillips, Konsa, Aribo, Crofts, Fosu, Watt, Novak

Not sure where Wright fits in if we signed him, and it's plainly clear we need another winger.

That's a pretty strong team. If the players in it stayed fit - don't laugh - anything other than a top 6 finish would be totally unacceptable
    It is pretty strong and if they're all fit you'd have to think that side would be in the top 2, as i can't see too many stronger sides.

However that side is a couple of injuries away from being mid-table nobodies. If any 2-3 from Kashi, Holmes, Marshall and Magennis got injured, we'd struggle big time.
    That's no different to pretty much every other league one side.
  • KR says only two definite starters. I'm assuming that's Holmes and Pearce.
  • At this moment in time, Phillips, Solly, Pearce, Kashi, Marshall, Holmes and Magennis must surely be definite starters.
  • At this moment in time, Phillips, Solly, Pearce, Kashi, Marshall, Holmes and Magennis must surely be definite starters.

Can you include Holmes seeing he has only been involved in one Pre-Season game?

He really need to get his match fitness up to be considered a starter surely

Yeah agree with that, and so probably does KR himself. Guess he can't say that though, as players might get complacent.
  • Pearce to me is the only definite CB. The other position is open, which leaves quite a choice Bauer, Konsa, Sarr (if he stays), Lennon

I agree, but I have always seen a left/right combination meaning either Bauer/Konsa to partner either Pearce/Lennon.
    Agreed in terms of the combination, but Pearce to me is the only leader/organiser amongst the CBs. That was one of the many mistakes of the transfer decisions 2 years ago, having a first choice pairing of Sarr and Bauer, both new to the country and both very inexperienced was a crazy decision.

One of the many strengths of the Powell promotion team was the number of leaders in it. Our 3 CBs, Taylor, Morrison and Cort were all strong personalities
    Yeah I completely agree with you regarding Pearce. I see it that Bauer/Konsa are competing to partner him. I do believe that Diarra started that season at CB with Bauer though, Sarr was mainly a back up.

Yeah we are certainly heavily reliant on Pearce's leadership at the back, luckily I do believe he is up to it.
  • Watt seems to be missing from this discussion.
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

colthe3rd said:

Please can we see some more of people's preferred teams/lineups?

Sure

Neuer
    Ramos, Boateng, Chiellini
    Alves Verratti Nainggolan Alaba
    Messi Lewandowski Ronaldo

De Gea, Azpilicueta, Thiago Silva, Pogba, Modric, Suarez, Neymar
    That team would get slaughtered in League One!!... No Bonucci?
  • sam3110 said:

colthe3rd said:

Sure

Neuer

Toas up between him and Silva for the place on the bench.

Tbh I'd actually love to have Buffon, Chiellini, Bonucci, Barzagli as the back line, but can't be too greedy
  • Watt seems to be missing from this discussion.

as he will be in most games this season.
  • sam3110 said:

colthe3rd said:

Sure

Neuer
    Messi Lewandowski Novak Ronaldo

Corrected
  • I see the squad as something like this:
    New GK
    Solly, Konsa, Pearce, New LB
    Kashi, JFC
    Marshall, New 10, Holmes
    Magennis

2nd XI:
    Phillips
    Barnes, Bauer, Lennon, Page
    Crofts, Aribo
    Fosu, Clarke, New Winger
    Novak

I don't think we need another RB as we have Konsa, Barnes and Charles-Cook all capable of covering there. If Solly was out, I would start Konsa RB and bring Bauer into the starting team.

I don't get the need for Wright but we have 100% made a bid from him. As a 'DM', we have Kashi, Crofts and then possibly Dijksteel. As the more box to box midfielder, we have JFC, Aribo and then possibly even Jackson or Lapslie. I really think with 4 senior CM's, 1 youngster who broke in last year and then another 2 looking to break in this season, it would be a waste of money signing another one.

The only reason we might want Wright is if we don't sign another number 10, and Aribo backs up Clarke in that position. But again, would be a total waste of time IMO as we should leave Wright, leave Aribo as a CM and keep Ceballos.

GK and LB are clearly the priority. I wouldn't mind another attacking midfielder/winger and thought Stewart would be worth a one year deal.

If we got Martin, Da Silva and Stewart, we wouldn't really be spending a penny and still leaves us to get rid of Sarr. I wouldn't mind getting rid of Watt and bringing in another striker though.

your starting XIs here are exactly what I (as a fan) want, and your point about the midfield is spot on.

a goalie, Da Silva, Stewart and a star no 10 would make this an excellent summer in my opinion.
  • sam3110 said:

colthe3rd said:

Sure

Neuer

Don't be stupid.

Neuer
    Ramos, Pearce, Chiellini
    Alves Verratti Kashi Alaba
    Messi Magennis Ronaldo

We need a proper backbone.
  • sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

colthe3rd said:

Sure

Neuer

Toas up between him and Silva for the place on the bench.

Tbh I'd actually love to have Buffon, Chiellini, Bonucci, Barzagli as the back line, but can't be too greedy
    Too old mate. Plus wouldn't help that we couldn't buy off the refs here.
  • Thuram
    Nego
    Foley
    Johnson
    Sarr
    Williams
    Ba
    Lepoint
    Mcaleny
    Reza
    Polish Pete

• Sponsored links:

• Was he watching Valley Pass.
  • dickplumb said:

Was he watching Valley Pass.

In that case expect Hackett-Fairchild to step up to the first team, rather than a new striker coming in.
  • PaddyP17 said:

cafc4life said:

Sochaux who signed Ba last week have today signed Bergdich too. Their fans don't know what they are in for, poor fuckers

You just know that we'll hear reports of them coming back over to England in the January window described as "the backbone of Sochaux's promotion push" or something
    Masterminded more like
  • Scoham said:

dickplumb said:

Was he watching Valley Pass.

In that case expect Hackett-Fairchild to step up to the first team, rather than a new striker coming in.
    As he should
  • Imagine if this was true!! Promotion!
  • PopIcon said:

I don't think Bauer will be starting. If our goal is promotion then he's not good enough.

It's league one. Paddy is certainly good enough.

He was rubbish last season and has been rubbish pre-season. No way he would have got in to the first xi of teams who were promoted from League One last season.