Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• cafc4life said:

Tex to St Truiden

Konsa next out? Then we go from having too many CBs to one too few?
  • FUCK me she has actually managed to sell a player rather than loan him out and pay his wages.
    Impressive.

I'm not sure moving a player on to another network club exactly counts as a sale!

Well if they give him a 3 year contract it doesn't sound like a loan.
    But it's not as Katrien spent 3 hours haggling over the terms!
  • Dizzle said:

Seems like Ceballos may go back to STVV too

Where you seen that?
  • Davo55 said:

cafc4life said:

Tex to St Truiden

Konsa next out? Then we go from having too many CBs to one too few?
    Depends if Sarr is being kept on for the season. If so and in the event Konsa is sold we still have Bauer, Pearce, Lennon and Sarr.
  • 3 weeks before the start of the season anyone getting a sense of deja vu?

No left back, no senior keeper, no real goalscorer. At least we've kept Holmes
  • cafc4life said:

Dizzle said:

Seems like Ceballos may go back to STVV too

Where you seen that?
    On the Tex to STVV thread. Belgian link -

Unless I have misunderstood
  • The majority of people on this site slagged Nicky Ajose off for being lazy, uninterested & just poor overall! We loan him out to possibly make room for someone else and everyone is going on like the world has ended!
    KR is looking like he will want to play a high pressing, fast paced game with all this fitness training going on and Ajose is poacher who come up with a cracker from the edge of the box. He doesn't fit into that system does he? Free the wages up and sign someone who can be arsed to play for the club.

Yes the regime is shit and I would love them to f**k off but Christ, get behind the team and support them as best you can as there the ones we want to see do well, not RD or KM.

No.
    Not everyone and as @scoham said different people.

I didn't think he was ever lazy or uninterested, just poor.

Few are bothered that he not in the squad more that it's another loan and another drain on wages.

And please don't tell me to get behind the team and support them. I do and I don't need you to tell me to thanks.
    Didn't say everyone firstly, majority.

I gather you support the team that's why we are all on here.

My biggest concern is people will just see the worst in every little aspect and focus on every potential negative.

As to him being poor, fair enough opinion but I found him uninterested due to not playing the way he is used to.

Considering my points were an opinion and not an attack, I felt that response was a bit much.

I think we will be ok(ish) at full back ... the lack of an experienced keeper is a big worry for me .. as to strikers ? .. we have a few, BUT, El Robo's tactics so far as I can see just do not play to the strengths of our current set of front players ..
    perhaps the wide men Holmes and Marshall, if used properly, will go some way to alleviate our goal drought and supply some bullets for Magennis and co. to fire .. hopefully accurately
  • Essex_Al said:

luke1 said:

I don't really know what people expect with the Ajose business, i think it's actually a good deal for us. Yes he goes to a promotion rival but he doesn't fit into our system and nobody is going to pay a good fee to take him off our hands. He is limited to who he can join because championship teams wouldn't be interested and most bottom half league 1 teams simply couldn't afford his wage. It's a win win for us in my eyes, if he bangs them in then we can get our money back and if its us and Bury up the top come Christmas i'm sure we'll have a re-call in the Jan window. We've managed to lose his wage which i'm sure is pretty high, so hopefully we can replace him now with someone who does fit KR system.

Agreed Luke.

Apart from that he's living off of one good season at Swindon. He was rubbish before that and rubbish since. All this nonsense about us not playing to his strengths, if he was any good he'd still be scoring whatever

Yes he is living off one good season at Swindon but no other player has even had that one season

I think we will be ok(ish) at full back ... the lack of an experienced keeper is a big worry for me .. as to strikers ? .. we have a few, BUT, El Robo's tactics so far as I can see just do not play to the strengths of our current set of front players ..
    perhaps the wide men Holmes and Marshall, if used properly, will go some way to alleviate our goal drought and supply some bullets for Magennis and co. to fire .. hopefully accurately
    2 senior strikers played at Welling today (albeit Watt only played for around 20 mins) and the 3 goalscorers were 2 defenders and a youngster who's been out on loan all last season.

Sad to see Tex go - still think he was only of our better defenders & as an earlier poster said, he scored more goals than some of our strikers.

Also be angry if Cebellos leaves as he's been the best player in the 3 friendlies in Ireland
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2017

3 weeks before the start of the season anyone getting a sense of deja vu?

2 senior strikers played at Welling today (albeit Watt only played for around 20 mins) and the 3 goalscorers were 2 defenders and a youngster who's been out on loan all last season.

Sad to see Tex go - still think he was only of our better defenders & as an earlier poster said, he scored more goals than some of our strikers.

Also be angry if Cebellos leaves as he's been the best player in the 3 friendlies in Ireland
    take your point .. I was assuming that Watt, Magennis, Clarke, Ahearn-Grant would be enough to at least start the season along with Fosu who looks to have a goal or two in him and of course Holmes .. but in retrospect we could do with another experienced and consistent front man, but who ? ..
    my worry is that are Robo's 'plans' consistent with the use of an old fashioned type of striker ? .. good news ? .. the midfield looks to be 100% stronger than it was last season
  • The worry is that Gobbo is so obsessed with getting Reeves that he will let Ceballos go despite him being a better player.

But Reeves has proved himself at this level Cellabos has had a decent preseason, but in the long run you could be right.
  • The worry is that Gobbo is so obsessed with getting Reeves that he will let Ceballos go despite him being a better player.

How can any Charlton fan actually judge that? Can't be any Charlton fan that has seen both of them regularly play first team football.

Ideally we'll have both with. We have Clarke as well but it may be that Ceballos is better off out wide.
  • Was hoping we would go with Reeves and Clarke, now thinking Reeves and Ceballos could have done the trick.

Watt, Ceballos and Clarke playing the number 10 role in pre season makes you think Reeves isn't needed in terms of numbers, but maybe quality. Leads me to think Clarke might not be the greatest signing, especially as we paid a fee when Reeves is better and free
  • No need to get Reeves if Ceballos stays & then we can strengthen where we really need it.......a GK, LB & a STRIKER.

The LB could be Da Silva, but seeing as he's been with the U19's all summer he will need a rest & we kick off the season in just 2 weeks time. - aee we really going to start with Jacko there ???
  • Surely it's three weeks to kick off?
  • We 100% need a striker if going up is on anyone's agenda. All of our previous promotion seasons have had a prolific forward ; at least since the 80s
  • No need to get Reeves if Ceballos stays & then we can strengthen where we really need it.......a GK, LB & a STRIKER.

The LB could be Da Silva, but seeing as he's been with the U19's all summer he will need a rest & we kick off the season in just 2 weeks time. - aee we really going to start with Jacko there ???

I agree, I just don't think KR saw that as the case. I reckon he wanted Reeves/Clarke at Number 10, now Ceballos is doing the job there (albeit only pre-season), he probably realises he doesn't need all 3. With that the case, I think the signing of Clarke was a poor one as we could possibly have had Reeves/Ceballos, and saved paying a fee too.

We want 6 AMs/wingers, we have Holmes, Clarke, Marshall and Fosu currently, so suggest we will have 2 of Ceballos, Reeves and Stewart.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2017

No need to get Reeves if Ceballos stays & then we can strengthen where we really need it.......a GK, LB & a STRIKER.

I agree, I just don't think KR saw that as the case. I reckon he wanted Reeves/Clarke at Number 10, now Ceballos is doing the job there (albeit only pre-season), he probably realises he doesn't need all 3. With that the case, I think the signing of Clarke was a poor one as we could possibly have had Reeves/Ceballos, and saved paying a fee too.

We want 6 AMs/wingers, we have Holmes, Clarke, Marshall and Fosu currently, so suggest we will have 2 of Ceballos,

Can't see Reeves coming.

We want 6 AMs/wingers, we have Holmes, Clarke, Marshall and Fosu currently, so suggest we will have 2 of Ceballos, Reeves and Stewart.
    Reeves! Is he signed. Woohoo!!
    I still think we stand a good chance of signing him.
  • FUCK me she has actually managed to sell a player rather than loan him out and pay his wages.
    Impressive.

I'm not sure moving a player on to another network club exactly counts as a sale!

Well if they give him a 3 year contract it doesn't sound like a loan.
    Just sounds like RD has moved Tex from one side of the chessboard to the other with St Truiden now picking up Tex's contract.
    Yup.

Just another pawn in Roland Rat's circus.
  • That reads to me that neither Sarr or CC will be staying. I think if Reeves signs CC will be off.
  • J BLOCK said:

cfgs said:

J BLOCK said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Bury are in League 2 so not really an issue we are strengthening them is it.

And, let's be honest, Ajose is really rather shit.

Howler from a regime apologist
    Particularly after seeing who he was mixing with at UCD.
    Care to let the rest of us know Elfie?
    It's nothing exciting. I was at all 3 games in Ireland with the squad. Sat with The Parkes' and my father.
    Travelled with them and some of the CAFC staff there too.

Quite what that's got to do with Bury's finishing position is anyone's guess
    Says a lot about you
    I don't agree with his views but he can't exactly be expected to shun friends etc. Sue may have said things she should regret and that has besmurched her husbands hard work but the response has not been very mature. Anyway @swisdom carry on sitting with anybody you lile but try to understand why the regime is viewed as the enemy by the vast majority of supporters.
    cfgs said:

J BLOCK said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

It's nothing exciting. I was at all 3 games in Ireland with the squad. Sat with The Parkes' and my father.

Says a lot about you
    I don't agree with his views but he can't exactly be expected to shun friends etc. Sue may have said things she should regret and that has besmurched her husbands hard work but the response has not been very mature. Anyway @swisdom carry on sitting with anybody you lile but try to understand why the regime is viewed as the enemy by the vast majority of supporters.
    yes he can
    The Parkes are also shunning people that were their friends because they have a different point of view to them.
  • J BLOCK said:

cfgs said:

J BLOCK said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Says a lot about you
    cfgs said:

J BLOCK said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Says a lot about you
    yes he can
    The Parkes are also shunning people that were their friends because they have a different point of view to them.
    Is that a rumour?? ... oh wrong thread
  • St Truiden are Duchatalets home team....the one who he supports and watches every week.
    Is it therefore not logical that he will do what is best for them rather than us?
    Or is that simplifying things too much?