Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Seems Robinson wanted to keep Ajose yet seems Nicky wanted to go...
    I call bullshit on this. He never made Ajose welcome from the day he walked in.
    Agreed... He was out the door the moment January came round, even if Ajose wanted to leave I cant blame him as he hadnt been given a single chance to prove himself

Even this pre-season he was given one game against Crumlin (?)
    In which my son and others who were there said he looked disinterested and was awful
  • FUCK me she has actually managed to sell a player rather than loan him out and pay his wages.
    Impressive.

I'm not sure moving a player on to another network club exactly counts as a sale!

Regardless, he's off the wage book, RD hasn't lost any money (not that I'd care if he did) but it's about CAFC's finances and what this means KR might be able to do now that counts.
  • You just know what'll happen here.....we'll sign Reeves and sell CC.
    Reeves will be average at best and for the next 2 years CC will be a Charlton legend based on four pre season games.
    (I'd keep CC, for the record)
  • You do wonder about Robbo when he talks about not finding better players than Sarr.
  • If the economics dictate that it is either Reeves or Cellabos who would you choose ? A punt on CC who hasn't got form or history in league one and regardless of decent pre season form none of us are sure he can do it consistently in the rough and tumble of third teir football or Reeves who Robinson has faith in and at least has a league one form guide to base a judgement on. I think I know which way the mop flops for Karl and although I'd be happy to see Celllabos given a shot I think the safer bet might well be Reeves.

Of course it might not come down to either or and Reeves might not be coming anyway.
  • LouisMend said:
    That reads like "we'll get rid if we can but just in case we cant they are good players"
    It reads more like "I'd like them to stay as they've both put in a shift, but the owner might want to ship them out and I get no say on that so I'd have to say they'll be replaced by better in the media so the owner has less choice."
  • Sponsored links:

• St Truiden are Duchatalets home team....the one who he supports and watches every week.
    Is it therefore not logical that he will do what is best for them rather than us?
    Or is that simplifying things too much?

He also owns them.
  • If the economics dictate that it is either Reeves or Cellabos who would you choose ? A punt on CC who hasn't got form or history in league one and regardless of decent pre season form none of us are sure he can do it consistently in the rough and tumble of third teir football or Reeves who Robinson has faith in and at least has a league one form guide to base a judgement on. I think I know which way the mop flops for Karl and although I'd be happy to see Celllabos given a shot I think the safer bet might well be Reeves.

Of course it might not come down to either or and Reeves might not be coming anyway.

Spot on for me, and Reeves scores goals. And if you get Reeves and sell Cab you have made a profit as well. That said I hope he stays.
  • se9addick said:

SDAddick said:

I read it as the club are trying to move both players on, probably because KR wants Reeves instead of Ceballos and wants somebody else instead of Sarr but is unlikely to sign either until Ceballos and/or Sarr are moved on.

It also makes you wonder if KR is pig-headed enough to want Reeves instead of Ceballos regardless of what Ceballos does in pre-season, and if Ceballos is performing above KR's expectations then it muddies the waters again. Either way I feel if Reeves wants to join then KR will make it happen and Ceballos gets shipped out to St. Truiden again regardless how he's done pre-season.

That would be...frustrating, to say the least. The longer we wait, the better Ben Reeves becomes. I've long sung his praises, but I don't think he's a world beater. I think he's a good League One, and *maybe* an okay Championship player. I think former Barcelona and Spurs player Cristian Ceballos has the ability to succeed at a higher level.
    I think calling him a former Barcelona and Spurs player is stretching it a bit given that he literally never played a single game for them !

For me the jury is still massively out on Ceballos, a couple of decent performances during kick abouts with pub teams in Ireland doesn't undo the major failings in his game that we saw when he played a few times for us a couple of years ago.
    Agreed, as someone who has been really pleased with Ceballos we cant get too carried away because of the standard of opposition so far

I'd be extremely disappointed if Robinson doesnt want to see him playing against the three League teams coming up, if he can perform to the high standards against them that he's proven against the likes of Greenwich Borough then it would be mad to get rid of him (Unless he's on crazy wages)... At the moment its like that scene in Only Fools and Horses when Del and Rodney think they've got an egg timer and it turns out to be a priceless item that basically wins them the lottery.

At the moment Ceballos is the egg timer but will be really frustrating if we loan him out and he turns out to be priceless!!

There were times last season when we really lacked creativity (especially when Holmes was injured) so to get rid of Ceballos at present would be an approach of praying that Holmes stays fit throughout the whole season which I highly doubt will happen because last season the only way teams could stop him was by kicking him off the pitch, that approach will have to happen again this time round!!
  • I shall be mightily pissed off if Ceballos leaves. He was excellent yesterday and in all the PSFs. The bloke who lives in Wrexham on the other forum says that Reeves is joining by Tuesday.
  • dickplumb said:

I shall be mightily pissed off if Ceballos leaves. He was excellent yesterday and in all the PSFs. The bloke who lives in Wrexham on the other forum says that Reeves is joining by Tuesday.

Which Tuesday? - He's been linked to join on every day of the week so far

Reckon Ceballos will have his bags packed in preparation until September to be honest... Reeves joins = Ceballos leaves!!
  • Is Tex really off the wage bill? Surely moving him from 1 network club to another doesn't get his wages off the books as all the money comes from the same pot?

God I hate this network crap!
  • Sponsored links:

• With Tex now gone and Ceballos seemingly off too I'd imagine that frees up the funds to bring in Reeves and Da Silva this week. Be fairly happy with that tbh. Really just need a keeper then. As good a prospect as Phillips is I think we need an experienced no.1 for a promotion challenge.
  • Is anybody able to check out Reeves statistics for his number of appearances?

I think he's actually rather injury prone
  • edited July 2017
    Swisdom said:

Is anybody able to check out Reeves statistics for his number of appearances?

I think he's actually rather injury prone

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Reeves

For MK Dons played 28. 30 18 and 30 games in his four seasons so at most 2/3 of the 46 league games

Seems to have hamstring problems
  • I know I'm in the minority, but I like CC.
  • There is a 23 year old Puerto Rican with the same name according to Wikipedia

And a 47 year old drug dealer from Motherwell - Its probably him.
    This deserves more LOLs
  • Who do you think Robbo rates more. Lennon or Sarr?

Lennon has played at this level and did quite well at Gillingham (they wanted him back), but has had a long lay off with an injury so we do not know how this has affected him, and was he that great anyway?

Sarr is a big lump, also left footed, passes the ball quite well but was prone to a few howlers?

Who should leave?