Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Redrobo said:

Who do you think Robbo rates more. Lennon or Sarr?

Lennon has played at this level and did quite well at Gillingham (they wanted him back), but has had a long lay off with an injury so we do not know how this has affected him, and was he that great anyway?

Sarr is a big lump, also left footed, passes the ball quite well but was prone to a few howlers?

Who should leave?

I know that Robinson likes Lennon. The problem is that he has been injured for quite a while and is so far behind the others on fitness. He needs to get back quick and hit the ground running. If he manages it, he could be very good in League One.
  • Redrobo said:

Lennon has played at this level and did quite well at Gillingham (they wanted him back), but has had a long lay off with an injury so we do not know how this has affected him, and was he that great anyway?

Sarr is a big lump, also left footed, passes the ball quite well but was prone to a few howlers?

Who should leave?

Can the coaching staff improve Sarr ? He has all the physical attributes .
  • Swisdom said:

Is anybody able to check out Reeves statistics for his number of appearances?

I think he's actually rather injury prone

He'll fit right in then.
  • Redrobo said:

Who should leave?

Sarr is on a contract until 2020. It is unclear whether he will improve or whether the blunders can be coached out of his game. Also whether Sarr is any good in the air or suited to British football, particularly in league one, where that is essential.

Lennon is on a contract to 2018, promising at times, did well at Gillingham, but has been injured & needs to improve on fitness.

Given the length of contract & the likelihood of Sarr being anything but a back up central defender & the question as whether Sarr can cope with aerial part of the game, if Charlton could move on Sarr on favourable terms without having to subsidise half his wages, It would be Sarr to go for me.

Sarr could improve though, anything is possible, even Sheff Utd came good eventually.
  • Redrobo said:

Who should leave?

Which is on £8k PW and which on £1.5k/2k PW? (estimate)
  • Redrobo said:

Who should leave?

Neither can hold a candle to any of the fine, fine players that have graced the home team's defence at Stadium MK....
  • Redrobo said:

Who should leave?

Which is on £8k PW and which on £1.5k/2k PW? (estimate)
    I am sure if it were a financial consideration it would be a no brainer. If Robbo had a choice I suspect he would move on both and bring his own man. I only ask which one as before the Ireland games I would have been a Lennon man, but now not so sure.
  • Swisdom said:

Is anybody able to check out Reeves statistics for his number of appearances?

I think he's actually rather injury prone

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Reeves

For MK Dons played 28. 30 18 and 30 games in his four seasons so at most 2/3 of the 46 league games

Seems to have hamstring problems
    Given our inability to manage our players injuries that concerns me quite a lot. Next thing we know we'll be told that new signing Ben Reeves his disappeared to have treatment for his hamstring injury and the club are unable to locate him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not transfer related but may interest a few posters.
    I was at a party last night and got chatting to a bloke who is the chef for the Norwich City team.
    I was quite surprised that he not only prepared the pre match meal for the players but also traveled to away matches for post match meals.
    He said his next away match was at the Valley.
    We discussed the sacking of Dean Kiely this week and he said what a really nice bloke Dean was.
    Always prepared to thank the chap for his food preparation.
    I asked him if Kiely would end up with Alex Neil at Preston but he said Norwich City had a clause in Neils contract that prevented the poaching of more than one coach and one of the coaches had already joined Preston.

I'd imagine our pre-match chef is Ronald McDonald.
  • Not transfer related but may interest a few posters.
    I was at a party last night and got chatting to a bloke who is the chef for the Norwich City team.
    I was quite surprised that he not only prepared the pre match meal for the players but also traveled to away matches for post match meals.
    He said his next away match was at the Valley.
    We discussed the sacking of Dean Kiely this week and he said what a really nice bloke Dean was.
    Always prepared to thank the chap for his food preparation.
    I asked him if Kiely would end up with Alex Neil at Preston but he said Norwich City had a clause in Neils contract that prevented the poaching of more than one coach and one of the coaches had already joined Preston.

Surely if Dean Kiely has been sacked by Norwich he can go wherever he wants as the Clause in Neil's Contract won't be applicable to Kiely now as he's not on the Norwich payroll?
    Yes - I suppose now Kiely is no longer employed by Norwich the poaching clause is not valid.
    The local newspaper reported that Kiely would not be joining Preston.
    Be good if he returned to Charlton.

• vff said:

Redrobo said:

Who should leave?

Sarr is on a contract until 2020. It is unclear whether he will improve or whether the blunders can be coached out of his game. Also whether Sarr is any good in the air or suited to British football, particularly in league one, where that is essential.

Lennon is on a contract to 2018, promising at times, did well at Gillingham, but has been injured & needs to improve on fitness.

Given the length of contract & the likelihood of Sarr being anything but a back up central defender & the question as whether Sarr can cope with aerial part of the game, if Charlton could move on Sarr on favourable terms without having to subsidise half his wages, It would be Sarr to go for me.

Sarr could improve though, anything is possible, even Sheff Utd came good eventually.
    Sarr has many fault, but whenever I've seen him play he has always looked good in the air.
  • Redrobo said:

Who should leave?

Can the coaching staff improve Sarr ? He has all the physical attributes .
    I'd argue that this is literally their job, and something that I think gets overlooked far too often in the modern game. This British notion of hiring "Managers" who look to "bring in their own men" is antiquated. You should first try to make the players you have better. That's what a coach does. None of this wheeler dealer nonsense.

By the way, I'm not saying Robinson has done this necessarily. I think each of his signings have addressed a weakness in the squad, even if all of them don't pan out.
  • sam3110 said:

Sarr is very good in the air and more comfortable on the ball than Lennon, Bauer or Pearce. He is quicker than them all too, despite being the most physically imposing of the lot. I believe his weaknesses are awareness, concentration and positional sense relating to his teammates

Exactly.

He "looks" like a modern football and am sure has great stats on FM or FIFA which explains why Driesen recommended him but he just wasn't any good when he played football for us.
  • sam3110 said:

Sarr is very good in the air and more comfortable on the ball than Lennon, Bauer or Pearce. He is quicker than them all too, despite being the most physically imposing of the lot. I believe his weaknesses are awareness, concentration and positional sense relating to his teammates

Exactly.

He "looks" like a modern football and am sure has great stats on FM or FIFA which explains why Driesen recommended him but he just wasn't any good when he played football for us.
    Yeah but the people at Lyon, Sporting, and the French youth setup seemed to think he was a decent footballer...
  • SDAddick said:

sam3110 said:

Exactly.

Yeah but the people at Lyon, Sporting, and the French youth setup seemed to think he was a decent footballer...
    Did sporting or Lyon keep him or take him back last season? Is he getting in the French team now?
  • SDAddick said:

sam3110 said:

Exactly.

Did sporting or Lyon keep him or take him back last season? Is he getting in the French team now?
    No. But my point is Driessen isn't the only one who saw something in him because of his FM/FIFA stats.
  • Sponsored links:

• Driesen didn't see anything in him because he wouldn't have saw him at all!
  • sam3110 said:

He's god awful ; I cannot imagine he has got better after his loan spell
  • Someone on Facebook saying Robinson is after Alex Bruce don't know how true !!
  • I'd be very surprised if Alex Bruce is playing league 1 football this season. I thought he might go Villa as a squad player
  • sam3110 said:

Correct. But you missed out he's ****ing hopeless.
  • "Get some proper British players in" is how we ended up with Crofts btw
  • You're both right, Crofts is the result of overpaying on others, and also a fixation with getting players in. Hopefully he'll be relegated to fourth choice in central midfield this year (Kashi, JFC, Aribo).