Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Swisdom said:

Bury are in League 2 so not really an issue we are strengthening them is it.

And, let's be honest, Ajose is really rather shit.

Howler from a regime apologist
    Particularly after seeing who he was mixing with at UCD.
  • Valley11 said:

Hate to say it but I've got a bad feeling about this season.
    The close season so far reeks of familiarity. No senior goalkeeper, no deal for KR pin-up boy Reeves, only negotiating a loan for £800k big buy Nicky, the kit not ready for Ireland and no release date for the new home and away one, three friendlies back to back, network no hopers lingering. I dunno, it all feels worryingly familiar. Piss up in a brewery springs to mind.

Welcome to the Charlton era where Katrien Meire reigns supreme and Sue Parks shouts down anyone that has the audacity to question it (whilst stuffing her face). When things start to fall apart (mid September), we'll be languishing in mid table and hear the same old drivel as we do year after year.
  • Swisdom said:

Care to let the rest of us know Elfie?
  • Valley11 said:

The close season so far reeks of familiarity. No senior goalkeeper, no deal for KR pin-up boy Reeves, only negotiating a loan for £800k big buy Nicky, the kit not ready for Ireland and no release date for the new home and away one, three friendlies back to back, network no hopers lingering. I dunno, it all feels worryingly familiar. Piss up in a brewery springs to mind.

Nothing has changed. Same old Katrien Meire and Roland Duchatelet.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's not losing Ajose. It's the way in which it's done that points to problems. Can you remember when the club had competent people in charge who ran the club smoothly?
  • Swisdom said:

It's nothing exciting. I was at all 3 games in Ireland with the squad. Sat with The Parkes' and my father.
    Travelled with them and some of the CAFC staff there too.

Quite what that's got to do with Bury's finishing position is anyone's guess
  • I don't really know what people expect with the Ajose business, i think it's actually a good deal for us. Yes he goes to a promotion rival but he doesn't fit into our system and nobody is going to pay a good fee to take him off our hands. He is limited to who he can join because championship teams wouldn't be interested and most bottom half league 1 teams simply couldn't afford his wage. It's a win win for us in my eyes, if he bangs them in then we can get our money back and if its us and Bury up the top come Christmas i'm sure we'll have a re-call in the Jan window. We've managed to lose his wage which i'm sure is pretty high, so hopefully we can replace him now with someone who does fit KR system.
  • I really don't see Bury as a promotion rival anyway. This is a team that finished 1 point above relegation, it would be an incredible turnaround, even with the signings they've made, to go from that to promotion contenders
  • luke1 said:

I don't really know what people expect with the Ajose business, i think it's actually a good deal for us. Yes he goes to a promotion rival but he doesn't fit into our system and nobody is going to pay a good fee to take him off our hands. He is limited to who he can join because championship teams wouldn't be interested and most bottom half league 1 teams simply couldn't afford his wage. It's a win win for us in my eyes, if he bangs them in then we can get our money back and if its us and Bury up the top come Christmas i'm sure we'll have a re-call in the Jan window. We've managed to lose his wage which i'm sure is pretty high, so hopefully we can replace him now with someone who does fit KR system.

Agreed Luke.

Apart from that he's living off of one good season at Swindon. He was rubbish before that and rubbish since. All this nonsense about us not playing to his strengths, if he was any good he'd still be scoring whatever!
  • It would be good if postings could be just about transfer rumours.
  • Sponsored links:

• If we can bring in an experienced goalkeeper and Da Silva I won't be to concerned about the players we have.
    My concern is the way Robinson wants to set the team up.
    I actually think that by keeping Holmes and signing Marshall and Clarke we have the players to play 4 4 2.
    This would allow us to play 2 strikers instead of just Magennis on his own.
    But even if things are not going right I think Robinson will stick with his preferred system regardless.

I think it's called sticking with a losing system.
  • Leuth said:

Valley11 said:

It's almost like you want it to be a bad season
    For me a good season would be breaking that all time club record of 21 draws in a season. We came agonisingly close last season and the consolidationist in me craves it

Failing that I would like us to reintroduce the 3-0 reverses that were very popular and prominent in the 15/16 season
  • If we can bring in an experienced goalkeeper and Da Silva I won't be to concerned about the players we have.
    My concern is the way Robinson wants to set the team up.
    I actually think that by keeping Holmes and signing Marshall and Clarke we have the players to play 4 4 2.
    This would allow us to play 2 strikers instead of just Magennis on his own.
    But even if things are not going right I think Robinson will stick with his preferred system regardless.

The signing of Clarke is the opposite of players signed suitable for a 442. He is not a CM nor a striker.
    I dont mind KR trying his 4231 but he needs to try other formations too, unfortunately I doubt he will as per your last point.
  • Valley11 said:

It's not losing Ajose. It's the way in which it's done that points to problems. Can you remember when the club had competent people in charge who ran the club smoothly?

Valley11 said:

It's not losing Ajose. It's the way in which it's done that points to problems. Can you remember when the club had competent people in charge who ran the club smoothly?

If you're referring to 10 years ago you really need to stop living in the past mate
  • edited July 2017
    DeeBee said:

Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

If you're referring to 10 years ago you really need to stop living in the past mate
    If the people in charge 10 years ago were so competent how come the club almost went into administration?
  • edited July 2017
    Crusty54 said:

DeeBee said:

Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

If the people in charge 10 years ago were so competent how come the club almost went into administration?
    Alright I wasn't trying to big up any board more just making a point that we haven't been very well run for a long time
  • Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

It's nothing exciting. I was at all 3 games in Ireland with the squad. Sat with The Parkes' and my father.
    Travelled with them and some of the CAFC staff there too.

Quite what that's got to do with Bury's finishing position is anyone's guess
    Says a lot about you
  • rjh157 said:

I haven't signed in to this for almost a year, and I have just remembered why! Everyone on here turns what has been a reasonably good start to pre-season and a time (If not the only time) to be positive into worry, negativity and panic.

Katrien is a moron, Duchatelet is emotionless and disinterested, however they are not going, we can not make them, and Charlton fans, who without doubt in 24 years of supporting them have always been as bad as Arsenal fans, forgetting any positive and jumping head first towards the negative are contributing heavily to our downfall!

Back the team for balls sake!

For what it's worth, mistake after mistake is difficult to take, but I don't see those same mistakes coming in this year yet! Signed some decent british players, kept hold of our best players, haven't really heard from Katrien at all, the first 2 weeks training was a step in the right direction, and we have charlton back into the club in terms of coaches.

Phillips

Solly, Pearce, Konsa, Page (When fit)

JFC Kashi

Marshall Clarke Holmes

Magennis

stands for decent reading without signings (Which there is plenty of time for!!!)

Not to mention

Tex, Bauer, Crofts, Watt, Fosu, Aribo, Ahearne-Grant, Barnes, Lennon, Ceballos and some decent youngsters in and around

So cheer up, back the team, ignore 'the regime' and stop ruddy moaning!

Clueless.
  • DeeBee said:

Crusty54 said:

DeeBee said:

Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

Alright I wasn't trying to big up any board more just making a point that we haven't been very well run for a long time
    Mid 2000s I guess was the last time when it all was working well on and off the field. Mid table PL side, ground expanded sensibly, transfer spending effective and affordable, great relations between club and supporters, supporters being shareholders...