Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• edited July 2017
    Strengthend a promotion rival, if we don't have a recall option we're bigger mugs than I thought
  • sam3110 said:

We are becoming the Chelsea of leauge one. Only they loan out good players and replace the with great ones. We loan out good players and replace them with fecking shit ones. Backward step ! So we are defiantly playing one up front all fecking season, and will fail to score more than 1 goal in 75% of our fixtures.
    Looks like 1-1 every week is the same old 1-1 as last season.

How do you know his replacement is shite and it's a backward step?
    Predicting his replacement is this guy

• sam3110 said:

We are becoming the Chelsea of leauge one. Only they loan out good players and replace the with great ones. We loan out good players and replace them with fecking shit ones. Backward step ! So we are defiantly playing one up front all fecking season, and will fail to score more than 1 goal in 75% of our fixtures.

Because we wont be getting a replacement & the rest of our striker are crap.
  • One the bad side, we have strengthened a Bury side which looks much better this season, and is somewhere where I believe he will score goals.

On the plus side, he is clearly someone who doesn't fit into Robinson's system and is on high wages. It also means we might be able to bring in players who Robinson does want. I also believe we will sign another striker as going into the season with just Magennis, Novak and Watt as players with league experience would be very, very foolish.
  • Ridiculous decision, we've just strengthened a promotion contender. One step forward two steps back

You've seen Ajose play right?
    Under slade who played him left wing. His goalscoaring stats speak for themselves
  • edited July 2017
    Grateful to take Ajose talk to the split off Ajose thread, ta!

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/78485/nicky-ajose-joins-bury-season-long-loan/p1
  • We needed another striker before this, now we need 2
  • Sponsored links:

• Ridiculous decision, we've just strengthened a promotion contender. One step forward two steps back

You've seen Ajose play right?
    Under slade who played him left wing. His goalscoaring stats speak for themselves
    I saw him play for us and most of the time he was lazy and not interested at all. I live in Peterborough and people I know laughed when we signed him.
  • Reeves on the brink of joining Sheffield United. Source is a Twitter account.
  • edited July 2017
  • Swisdom said:

Bury are in League 2 so not really an issue we are strengthening them is it.

And, let's be honest, Ajose is really rather shit.

Bury are League One... they pulled away from the relegation battle and finished ahead of Gillingham when they got Lee Clark in
  • League one mate
  • dickplumb said:

Reeves on the brink of joining Sheffield United. Source is a Twitter account.

We keep Holmes and Sheffield United pee us off by signing our main transfer target! !! Barstewards!!!!
  • uie2 said:

dickplumb said:

We keep Holmes and Sheffield United pee us off by signing our main transfer target! !! Barstewards!!!!
    One of those unreliable Twitter accounts

• Scoham said:

uie2 said:

dickplumb said:

Not a problem. Katrine has already told us we've signed our number one target for the 10 shirt.
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:

Strengthend a promotion rival, if we don't have a recall option we're bigger mugs than I thought

Already thinking of promotion eh........it's the hope that kills you.
  • Why do we always bloody loan players out. Just sell them if they are not wanted. If we don't start strengthening soon it's gonna be another dog shit season.
  • sam3110 said:

As there is unlikely to be a direct replacement and signing a goalkeeper makes for a shit striker. Where have you been for the 4 seasons transfer dealings ! We are now just heading down the same old route. Promises of Jam tomorrow !
  • Nicholas said:

Why do we always bloody loan players out. Just sell them if they are not wanted. If we don't start strengthening soon it's gonna be another dog shit season.

Kim Jon M****, has given our players such lucrative contracts, we can't get rid of them.
  • sam3110 said:

Predicting his replacement is this guy

Craig Noone? Blimey, well done Charlton
  • Scoham said:

uie2 said:

dickplumb said:

If it's between him and Ceballos I'd rather Ceballos. I hope KR is going to go for players who can interchange in that front three because right now the following can play in the #10 role:
    JFC
    Ceballos
    Fosu
    Holmes
    Clarke
    Watt
    Aribo

I think the bigger question is who will nail down that spot, but we've got numbers to cover. I think the bigger hole is a back-up for Magennis that isn't Novak.