Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• His a Charlton fan though. Oh yes probably wouldn't want to come until Roland's gone like the rest of us
  • Super Yan is 35 and scored 19 goals last season. A good professional like Holmes could easily play until a similar age so 400k is peanuts in today's market
  • What are peoples thoughts on Charlton signing Rickie Lambert on free? (not a rumour) Personally I feel for a season he could be a good addition to the team. Mid 30s I believe.
  • What are peoples thoughts on Charlton signing Rickie Lambert on free? (not a rumour) Personally I feel for a season he could be a good addition to the team. Mid 30s I believe.

I posted on here a few pages back saying that Lambert had been released by Cardiff

Straight away I felt he'd be a perfect backup (at least) for Magennis!!

I posted on here a few pages back saying that Lambert had been released by Cardiff

There has been a lot stuff posted on this thread (relevant or not) so I missed that!

I just thought the same as you really, he could win matches at this level as a ''super sub'' I thought.

Fitness would be an issue but I feel he could make an impact.

There has been a lot stuff posted on this thread (relevant or not) so I missed that!

I just thought the same as you really, he could win matches at this level as a ''super sub'' I thought.

Fitness would be an issue but I feel he could make an impact.
    When I posted he was apparently in talks with Plymouth yet always wanted him when he was at Bristol Rovers. We'd probably have got out of League One at the first or second attempt rather than the third had we signed him in either of those seasons!!
  • Sponsored links:

Since he left Southampton he's scored 8 goals in the last 4 years, and he's not got a great injury record in that time. I'd avoid...
  • Finally a proper rumour...

Talking Football at work with a fellow Reading fan, after receiving a gibe about how Charlton arent very good, I responded saying that if we're crap then we'll have our Charlton Legend back... The response received was that Yann is broken and that we're welcome to him.

Discussions over the transfer are due to continue after the Weekend so watch this space!!

He's just had a hip and groin op so I very much doubt he will be going anywhere until January at the earliest!
  • edited July 2017
    Ajose to Bury, season loan
  • Ajose gone to bury for a season on loan!
  • Dizzle said:

Source?
  • Dizzle said:

Source?
    WIOTOS
  • If they are paying his wages it's a good deal.
    Hopefully we get someone new in , but I strongly doubt it
  • Sponsored links:

• Dizzle said:

Dizzle said:

Source?
    WIOTOS
    Touche
  • Couldn't we have thrown in Novak in a BOGOF deal........literally !!
  • Karl likes Novak I reckon. He's staying.
  • We are becoming the Chelsea of leauge one. Only they loan out good players and replace the with great ones. We loan out good players and replace them with fecking shit ones. Backward step ! So we are defiantly playing one up front all fecking season, and will fail to score more than 1 goal in 75% of our fixtures.
    Looks like 1-1 every week is the same old 1-1 as last season.