Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• "Oh hey, [current Charlton goalie coach], sorry but you're sacked, one of our playing legends became available and someone on a messageboard said we should 'go get him' - I'm sure you understand"
  • Leuth said:

"Oh hey, [current Charlton goalie coach], sorry but you're sacked, one of our playing legends became available and someone on a messageboard said we should 'go get him' - I'm sure you understand"

Think @golfaddick was suggesting that we sign him up as a player...

After all we were prepared to play Bowyer last night
    Yep - a whoosh moment there I think.............
  • Leuth said:

"Oh hey, [current Charlton goalie coach], sorry but you're sacked, one of our playing legends became available and someone on a messageboard said we should 'go get him' - I'm sure you understand"

Think @golfaddick was suggesting that we sign him up as a player...

After all we were prepared to play Bowyer last night
    Yep - a whoosh moment there I think.............
    I thought I'd leave the whooshing honours to yourself seeing it was a good original comment
  • sam3110 said:

Of the squad we currently have I'd sell Lennon and one of Watt and Ajose

I'd get rid of both.

Ajose comes across as lazy, Watt is plain trouble.
  • C'mon lads/lassies, lets not get into CARD this and CARD that!! Everyone can make up their own minds as to what they think and then post on the relevant thread!!
    This is the transfer rumours thread, I log in to see what, if any, transfer rumours there are only to be confronted with completely irrelevant stuff. Any chance you can take your discussion off here?
    Thanks RedM

I wanted to go to Spain on holiday, CARD told me it was s*** so I went to Italy instead.
  • iamdan said:

Novak to Bury..

I'll drive him there myself & even pay for a meal on the way up too. Wont get more than half a dozen goals this season & not very good imo.

As for Henry - Oxford is a lot closer to Reading than SE7 or SE9 (training ground) & we already have enough wingers & again, imo, Stewart is better. Also, he's ex 'wall.
    you better take a few quid then.
    Many lol's
  • Maybe he has not settled in the south?. Could that be part of the problem?.
    No doubt, Henry will know the answer.

You are right @CyrilDavies RedHenry does know the answer
    You just could not,resist a comment.

You try a sly little dig and then get upset when I respond with a joke. Oh, dear.

Maybe being a beard for other people's views just isn't for you.
  • Sponsored links:

You try a sly little dig and then get upset when I respond with a joke. Oh, dear.

Would take more than you to upset me, I can assure you...

Meire?

If you say so
  • edited July 2017

• edited July 2017

He scored a good header against Chesterfield but was below average league one at best! Bury sounds like a decent club for him at this stage of his career.

And that was about it for the season, apart from a tap in at Fleetwood !
  • edited July 2017

Maybe he has not settled in the south?. Could that be part of the problem?.

I'd say a definite yes.
  • My issue with Novak was that his lack of composure cost us goals at crucial times in games that cost us quite a few points. He gained us a point against Fleetwood and two against Chesterfield. I think the point is players shouldn't lose you points.
  • I'm perfectly fine with Novak going although as others have said it does expose a lack of cover for Magennis.

Novak was never going to fire us to promotion so if clearing his wages helps KR to bring in Mavididi on loan then it's good business for us.

All this we need Mavididi, he looked good not great and made 1 great run and now he is seen as the one we need.

Novak was never fit from the start of last season. If he and mavididi were both fit and played the same number of games Lee would get more goals
    My point wasn't so much that we need Mavididi and what a great assett he'd be to the team. It was more the case that there are players out there like Mavididi (on loan) or Erwin (free transfer) who can be picked up on the cheap and provide great cover for Magennis. If we got one of them in and shipped out Novak for as transfer fee whch would be a bonus IMO but got his wages off the books then it's win-win IMO.
  • Sponsored links:

• "Sheffield United met Charlton Athletic’s initial valuation of Ricky Holmes, The Star understands, only to be quoted an even higher price for the former Northampton Town winger. Sources in London last night claimed that United’s first offer, believed to be in the region of £400,000, matched the figure they had been told would trigger the 30-year-old’s release before Karl Robinson’s side demanded an even higher fee."

Read more at: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/sheffield-united-charlton-athletic-raised-the-price-on-ricky-holmes-after-blades-made-their-bid-1-8646505?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Of course this is spin from their side just as there is spin from every club, including ours, on transfers. Remember KRs repeated rant about other clubs treating both MK and CAFC unfairly.

Remember the golden rule.

All players who sign, or re-sign, for you are progressing their careers and clearly making the right choice.

All players who don't sign for you are greedy mercenaries and not that good anyway ; - )

Bottom line is we kept Holmes which is, IMHO, a good thing.

I wouldn't be surprised if we were willing to let Holmes go for £400K on the basis we would get Reeves for nothing.

But when we couldn't (as yet) get Reeves, we took the sensible decision of upping the price for Holmes.
  • I'm perfectly fine with Novak going although as others have said it does expose a lack of cover for Magennis.

Novak was never going to fire us to promotion so if clearing his wages helps KR to bring in Mavididi on loan then it's good business for us.

All this we need Mavididi, he looked good not great and made 1 great run and now he is seen as the one we need.

Novak was never fit from the start of last season. If he and mavididi were both fit and played the same number of games Lee would get more goals
    My point wasn't so much that we need Mavididi and what a great assett he'd be to the team. It was more the case that there are players out there like Mavididi (on loan) or Erwin (free transfer) who can be picked up on the cheap and provide great cover for Magennis. If we got one of them in and shipped out Novak for as transfer fee whch would be a bonus IMO but got his wages off the books then it's win-win IMO.
    How many goals did he score for us?

• "Sheffield United met Charlton Athletic’s initial valuation of Ricky Holmes, The Star understands, only to be quoted an even higher price for the former Northampton Town winger. Sources in London last night claimed that United’s first offer, believed to be in the region of £400,000, matched the figure they had been told would trigger the 30-year-old’s release before Karl Robinson’s side demanded an even higher fee."

Read more at: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/sheffield-united-charlton-athletic-raised-the-price-on-ricky-holmes-after-blades-made-their-bid-1-8646505?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Of course this is spin from their side just as there is spin from every club, including ours, on transfers. Remember KRs repeated rant about other clubs treating both MK and CAFC unfairly.

All players who sign, or re-sign, for you are progressing their careers and clearly making the right choice.

All players who don't sign for you are greedy mercenaries and not that good anyway ; - )

I wouldn't be surprised if we were willing to let Holmes go for £400K on the basis we would get Reeves for nothing.

But when we couldn't (as yet) get Reeves, we took the sensible decision of upping the price for Holmes.
    Don't know. If so why not sell at the higher price?

I think Robinson is in a strong position at the moment so his demand to keep his best player was met in a similar way that Cousins and JBG were given big new deals.

The test will be how far he can push them to back him. So far so good but he has said he needs to sell and that won't just be Novak.

Don't know. If so why not sell at the higher price?

Because it's looking like we won't be getting Reeves for free and who would be a replacement, would we be able to get one ?
  • Holmes is worth way north of £400k. I might have sold him at £750k.

A 30 yr old who has never played above league one and had a yr left on his contract? He may have been important to us but not sure whether we are over egging the value of not.

A 30 yr old who has never played above league one and had a yr left on his contract? He may have been important to us but not sure whether we are over egging the value of not.
    I may agree if we wanted to sell, but the question should pehaps be how much is a midfielder who scored 11 goals last season worth to a championship side? I am not sure how many players of his equal are about for that sort of money.

£400k seems cheap for Homes. £750k top end. Whatever the figure, it was too hot for Utd so they tried to get the player to agitate for a move so they would not have to pay our asking price. It will be intresting to see if they do find a quality player to fill the gap and how much they end up paying.