Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• edited July 2017
    Oggy Red said:

I can't see the problem with Tex - he's a decent player & also scores the odd goal from a corner (and not with his head, mainly with his feet) , If we can't sell him to get his wages off the payroll then play him - Him, Bauer, Pearce & Konsa (with lennon in reserve) are a decent set of defenders in this league.

It's just a waste, we don't need 5 CBs and leaving 2 out of Konsa, Pearce, Bauer and Tex every week won't be easy.

I would prefer to have Bauer/Konsa to the right and Lennon/Pearce to the left competing. Allowing Sarr and Tex to leave will help us get a balanced squad.

We all know RD and KM won't allow a quality side of 23/24 if 6 of them are CB's and Tex on a wage of 12k.
    It will be easier if Konsa has been sold.
    true enough, if Konsa goes instead of Tex then I wouldn't actually complaint too much. Tex/Bauer to the right, Pearce/Lennon to the left would do the job.
    Tex is a good player. I like him. I think the question is whether he is 100 per cent motivated in League One - not suggesting that he is lazy, just that when push comes to shove his heart may not be completely in it.
    It'll be really interesting how Kashi plays this season (leaving aside fitness issues), as he certainly didn't join us to play in L1 either
    Maybe with Kashi at 29 and having missed most of the past 2 seasons with serious injury, he's just desperate to be playing regularly and prove himself again.

As by January he'll be a vital member of the team and our best player, Roland will sell him while he can still get some sort of transfer fee for him.
    Which, as we'll then be 5 points clear at the top of the table, will totally derail our promotion challenge.

You read it here first!

;o)
    28 but carry on as I agree with the rest.
  • Long term Charlton target was desperate to return to London but chose Oxford Utd.

i think i read that he wanted to stay in his house near Reading so Oxford would be suitable for that as well.
    Yeah that's right, i said that. My best mate is friends with him. He wanted somewhere close to Reading and Charlton was his desired club. Robinson probably didn't want him though and we don't really need him anyway with our recent signings.
  • I can't see the problem with Tex - he's a decent player & also scores the odd goal from a corner (and not with his head, mainly with his feet) , If we can't sell him to get his wages off the payroll then play him - Him, Bauer, Pearce & Konsa (with lennon in reserve) are a decent set of defenders in this league.

It's just a waste, we don't need 5 CBs and leaving 2 out of Konsa, Pearce, Bauer and Tex every week won't be easy.

I would prefer to have Bauer/Konsa to the right and Lennon/Pearce to the left competing. Allowing Sarr and Tex to leave will help us get a balanced squad.

We all know RD and KM won't allow a quality side of 23/24 if 6 of them are CB's and Tex on a wage of 12k.
    It will be easier if Konsa has been sold.
    true enough, if Konsa goes instead of Tex then I wouldn't actually complaint too much. Tex/Bauer to the right, Pearce/Lennon to the left would do the job.
    Tex is a good player. I like him. I think the question is whether he is 100 per cent motivated in League One - not suggesting that he is lazy, just that when push comes to shove his heart may not be completely in it.
    It'll be really interesting how Kashi plays this season (leaving aside fitness issues), as he certainly didn't join us to play in L1 either
    I think Kashi is in a slightly different position given he has hardly played in two years. You can also get away with a bit more in midfield than at centre half.
  • iamdan said:

Novak to Bury..

We'd probably have to subsidise that.
  • His own past
  • Sponsored links:

• iamdan said:

Novak to Bury..

I'll drive him there myself & even pay for a meal on the way up too. Wont get more than half a dozen goals this season & not very good imo.

As for Henry - Oxford is a lot closer to Reading than SE7 or SE9 (training ground) & we already have enough wingers & again, imo, Stewart is better. Also, he's ex 'wall.
  • iamdan said:

Novak to Bury..

I'll drive him there myself & even pay for a meal on the way up too. Wont get more than half a dozen goals this season & not very good imo.

As for Henry - Oxford is a lot closer to Reading than SE7 or SE9 (training ground) & we already have enough wingers & again, imo, Stewart is better. Also, he's ex 'wall.
    I bet Novak will be quickly decharltonised when he gets there
  • iamdan said:

Novak to Bury..

Good news. Too slow to be a loan striker for me. Maybe one of those that does better playing regularly at a smaller club rather than being a squad player for us.

Didn't see the best of him though injuries didn't help. Couldn't help but be reminded of Pawel Abbott. Can't see him playing above League 1 again.
  • Would make sense with Lee Clark as manager.
  • If Novak is going who is coming in Big Mac is the only striker we have that fits into Robinsons 4231 ?
  • I would like us to keep Novak. Thibk he will surprise a few people this year.

Besides if we lose him we are desperately short of cover for Magennis. The is the only other striker we have that can fit the system.

Perhaps we will try and get Mavididi
  • We offered him much bigger wages than another, then, league 1 south east London club so he will be on a tidy whack.

I thought he did OK, not brilliant but OK, but like Ajose never really settled and the lack of a midfield often left him isolated.

Met him at Bromley Addicks and he came over well and he certainly wasn't fat or carrying too much weight when you saw him close up.

Makes sense to let him move on to save the big wages. Reeco Hackett-Fairchild is nearly ready for the lone striker role in any case.
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

Novak wasn't good enough if you ask me

Fixed it for you.

Where has the Bury rumour come from anyway? Is there substance behind this or is the Bury link just a pure guess of a club that might be able to afford his wages now they're under new owners.
  • sam3110 said:

Fixed it for you.

Where has the Bury rumour come from anyway? Is there substance behind this or is the Bury link just a pure guess of a club that might be able to afford his wages now they're under new owners.
  • edited July 2017
    Did we have room for him in the starting lineup here? Who would he have displaced? I saw him here if we lost Holmes but don't they play the same position?

• We offered him much bigger wages than another, then, league 1 south east London club so he will be on a tidy whack.

I thought he did OK, not brilliant but OK, but like Ajose never really settled and the lack of a midfield often left him isolated.

Met him at Bromley Addicks and he came over well and he certainly wasn't fat or carrying too much weight when you saw him close up.

Makes sense to let him move on to save the big wages. Reeco Hackett-Fairchild is nearly ready for the lone striker role in any case.

I think Reeco is going to go the same way as Zac Ansah.

• sam3110 said:

Fixed it for you.

My writing didnt need fixing thanks, we never saw the best of him as we never played the way we should have done with him.

He is more than good enough to be a squad player for us, please divulge who's available to is that would be much better?
  • edited July 2017
    I'm perfectly fine with Novak going although as others have said it does expose a lack of cover for Magennis.

Novak was never going to fire us to promotion so if clearing his wages helps KR to bring in Mavididi on loan then it's good business for us.
  • How many more years are we stuck with Watt's wages?
  • I'm perfectly fine with Novak going although as others have said it does expose a lack of cover for Magennis.

Novak was never going to fire us to promotion so if clearing his wages helps KR to bring in Mavididi on loan then it's good business for us.

Mavididi is a completely different type of player, he fits the quick, tricky winger mould. If we dump Novak we would need to bring in a target man type number 9 as back up to Magennis.
  • I'm perfectly fine with Novak going although as others have said it does expose a lack of cover for Magennis.

Mavididi is a completely different type of player, he fits the quick, tricky winger mould. If we dump Novak we would need to bring in a target man type number 9 as back up to Magennis.
    Exactly. Novak is no world beater but he is the only cover we have for Josh in Robinson 's one up front formation.