Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• credit where credit is due. Keeping Holmes was key for me the squad is looking so much stronger then this time last year.

Sadly I have said this at least at the start of last season and I'm almost certain I said it the year before.
  • luke1 said:

luke1 said:

Nah I'm with Holmes, stop it. CARD has done more damage than Roland in my opinion. Roland won't be around forever but The fans CARD have pursuaded to stay away or fans fed up with match day protests might be lost forever. Not here for an argument, Just my opinion.

CARD haven't persuaded anyone to stay away & you have to be out of your fucking mind to suggest they have done more harm than the Belgians. I made a decision to boycott without anyone persuading me because like thousands of others I want to support a Charlton where the owners share my desire to see the team win matches not totally destroy the Charlton we used to know. When they're gone I'll be back to resume my 52 years of support.
    Here we go again... This is kind of the problem. Anyone that doesn't like the way CARD handle themselves on these message forums will come up against irate fans telling them they must be out of their mind. It's an opinion. I think Douche bag and Meire are incompetent and have made far too many mistakes but i don't think they want the club to fail like some on here make out. I want them out, but not at the expense of the clubs future. We will never find a buyer if our gates dwindle down even further. Again some will disagree with me and i'll disagree with them. But I've been called prick of the week and now f*cking out of my mind for expressing an opinion. If you cant have an adult conversation without respecting everyone's views then message boards are probably not for you.
    Just so you are aware I have nothing to do with card, but your initial point is IMHO ridiculous.

As far as I am concerned Roland and his crew are a cancer that needs cutting out of our club.

People make up their own mind on whether to go or not and CARD as far as I am aware have never told people not to attend, but why let the truth stand in the way of an argument.

..or using the right thread, for that matter.
  • I can't really afford to go to many matches at the minute but I made the decision to go to away matches only because I didn't want to put any money in RD's pocket.

I can make my own mind up and don't need CARD to do anything to sway that. As for CARD, don't agree with everything they have done but their intentions are clearly good.
  • On it @folder

Can we keep this to rumours please guys...

Cheers. #Fakeadminnotfaketaxi
  • I for one agree with you Luke. I understand the heart felt opinions aired on here which see everything related to the ownership is bad and agree that it is far from a happy arrangement and long for a decent responsible owner of the club. One who sees it as more than an experiment people who have an emotional as well as financial investment. BUT the club must improve or possibly perish from where we are at present, as Orient have. I want to see a successful team/club that I and my children and grandchildren can continue to support well into the future. People should be allowed to express their views without receiving often childish abuse from others on here. I firmly believe that all on CL want our club to do well but may have different ideas how that is achieved personally I believe there may be more than one solution.

but Luke's initial point was saying that CARD were encouraging fans to stay away, which they have never done, which implies that those staying away don't have a mind of their own and are unable to make decisions without help from CARD. Of course he, you, anyone can have an opinion but can't make assumptions about people's own decisions or state things as fact that are not.
    To be fair i'm sure airman called for a season ticket boycott a few seasons ago so that might be the confusion. I respect what card have done over the last few seasons, I believe without cards demonstrations we'd still be signing shite like Anil Koc and Thuram, they've made the regime change their ethos which is great, but I think they're starting to go a bit off course now, like who the fuck actually cares what Katrien Meire earns and why do you care?

neither Airman or CARD have ever called for a season ticket boycott. FACT.

Why do you care if I care what KM earns?
  • Sponsored links:

• I for one agree with you Luke. I understand the heart felt opinions aired on here which see everything related to the ownership is bad and agree that it is far from a happy arrangement and long for a decent responsible owner of the club. One who sees it as more than an experiment people who have an emotional as well as financial investment. BUT the club must improve or possibly perish from where we are at present, as Orient have. I want to see a successful team/club that I and my children and grandchildren can continue to support well into the future. People should be allowed to express their views without receiving often childish abuse from others on here. I firmly believe that all on CL want our club to do well but may have different ideas how that is achieved personally I believe there may be more than one solution.

but Luke's initial point was saying that CARD were encouraging fans to stay away, which they have never done, which implies that those staying away don't have a mind of their own and are unable to make decisions without help from CARD. Of course he, you, anyone can have an opinion but can't make assumptions about people's own decisions or state things as fact that are not.
    To be fair i'm sure airman called for a season ticket boycott a few seasons ago so that might be the confusion. I respect what card have done over the last few seasons, I believe without cards demonstrations we'd still be signing shite like Anil Koc and Thuram, they've made the regime change their ethos which is great, but I think they're starting to go a bit off course now, like who the fuck actually cares what Katrien Meire earns and why do you care?

Not true, but I agree it doesn't belong on this thread.
  • This site is becoming a laughing stock because of the endless arguments. Please keep to transfer rumours..
  • luke1 said:

luke1 said:

Nah I'm with Holmes, stop it. CARD has done more damage than Roland in my opinion. Roland won't be around forever but The fans CARD have pursuaded to stay away or fans fed up with match day protests might be lost forever. Not here for an argument, Just my opinion.

CARD haven't persuaded anyone to stay away & you have to be out of your fucking mind to suggest they have done more harm than the Belgians. I made a decision to boycott without anyone persuading me because like thousands of others I want to support a Charlton where the owners share my desire to see the team win matches not totally destroy the Charlton we used to know. When they're gone I'll be back to resume my 52 years of support.
    Here we go again... This is kind of the problem. Anyone that doesn't like the way CARD handle themselves on these message forums will come up against irate fans telling them they must be out of their mind. It's an opinion. I think Douche bag and Meire are incompetent and have made far too many mistakes but i don't think they want the club to fail like some on here make out. I want them out, but not at the expense of the clubs future. We will never find a buyer if our gates dwindle down even further. Again some will disagree with me and i'll disagree with them. But I've been called prick of the week and now f*cking out of my mind for expressing an opinion. If you cant have an adult conversation without respecting everyone's views then message boards are probably not for you.
    What Charltonbob was reacting to was the statement in your first post that "CARD has done more damage than Roland in my opinion"

If you want an adult conversation I suggest you avoid somewhat wild and unsubstantiated accusations against others.
  • C'mon lads/lassies, lets not get into CARD this and CARD that!! Everyone can make up their own minds as to what they think and then post on the relevant thread!!
    This is the transfer rumours thread, I log in to see what, if any, transfer rumours there are only to be confronted with completely irrelevant stuff. Any chance you can take your discussion off here?
    Thanks RedM
  • Middle aged men squabbling
    Urgh
  • C'mon lads/lassies, lets not get into CARD this and CARD that!! Everyone can make up their own minds as to what they think and then post on the relevant thread!!
    This is the transfer rumours thread, I log in to see what, if any, transfer rumours there are only to be confronted with completely irrelevant stuff. Any chance you can take your discussion off here?
    Thanks RedM

Indeed, RM.

Red CARD , guys and gals.....
  • Let's play nicely ! Any transfer related rumours ?
  • Moderators need a delete button.
  • how about from this point on those of us who want a rumours only thread flag anyone who goes off topic?
  • Sponsored links:

• How many more times.Rumours.
  • redbuttle said:

This site is becoming a laughing stock because of the endless arguments. Please keep to transfer rumours..

All Charlton transfer rumour threads are a laughing stock.

• Valley11 said:

Middle aged men squabbling
    Urgh

Middle aged men, you say!!
  • 3 more decent signings and i might be tempted to give it another go on a match by match trial basis if they give me a free ticket,but cant help thinking that when the season starts we will still be short of a full competitive squad,its what they do
  • Turnbull and Anders Lingaard rumoured to have been touted to Charlton... No confirmation on interest shown and straight from Kent Live which means it's likely already in this thread.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Turnbull and Anders Lingaard rumoured to have been touted to Charlton... No confirmation on interest shown and straight from Kent Live which means it's likely already in this thread.

Would like Lindegaard very much, more so than Martin ( not because hes a bad keeper ) just feel the pedigree is there with Lindegaard.

Not seen much of Turnbull but read he can be inconsistent and we would also be overloaded in CB's. Unless there gonna convert him to LB??
  • Dazzler21 said:

Turnbull and Anders Lingaard rumoured to have been touted to Charlton... No confirmation on interest shown and straight from Kent Live which means it's likely already in this thread.

Would like Lindegaard very much, more so than Martin ( not because hes a bad keeper ) just feel the pedigree is there with Lindegaard.

Not seen much of Turnbull but read he can be inconsistent and we would also be overloaded in CB's. Unless there gonna convert him to LB??
    Not Ross Turnbull the former Boro and Chelsea keeper?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Not Ross Turnbull the former Boro and Chelsea keeper?
    I would assume its Jordan Turnbull (Coventry CB) as he has been linked before. CB really has to be the last position we need at the minute until at least a couple are offloaded.