Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Redrobo said:

Looking at the squad we currently have the following:
    GK - Phillips
    FB - Solly, Barnes, Page
    CB - Bauer, Konsa, Tex, Lennon, Sarr, Pearce
    CM - Kashi, Crofts, Jackson, JFC, Aribo
    Attacking midfielders - Holmes, Marshall, Fosu, Clarke, Ceballos
    Strikers - Watt, KAG, Magennis, Novak, Ajose

Likes of Kennedy, Umerah, Hanlan, Charles-Cook and Dijksteel in reserve too.

Everyone calling for the GK (Martin), LB (Da Silva) and AM (Reeves) to sign to complete the squad.

That would mean a squad of 28 players plus the mentioned youngsters. It is turning into a good window but I do worry that we need to shift a few. I just hope we don't fail to offload the unwanted and end up panic selling someone like Konsa for a fraction of the price he should go for.

Martin
    Solly, Bauer, Pearce, Da Silva
    Kashi, JFC
    Marshall, Reeves, Holmes
    Magennis

Phillips
    Barnes, Konsa, Lennon, Page
    Crofts, Aribo
    Fosu, Clarke, Ceballos
    Watt

Would be very happy with the above '2 teams" with Jackson, KAG and Novak completing the full squad. Think it would get us promoted as long as the strikers can get the goals. Would personally bring in another striker and get rid of Watt, wouldn't be surprised if that happens come January. Don't think we need another RB as I would have Konsa there above Barnes if Solly is out.

Would mean Tex, Sarr and Ajose leaving.

Can see Tex staying to be honest. No other club is going to pay that salary and if we're going to subsidise his wages just so he can leave, then we might as well keep him.
    Think KR will play Sarr and Ceballos quite a bit pre season so he can make a decision on them.
    Ajose just doesn't fit the style KR wants to play so he'll surely leave.
    Will also mean others can have a look as well.

I thought it was intresting that Tex played right back. I thought KAG had filled out and put in a good performance as did Aribo. (Only got to watch second half).
    I thought Tex did well at RB, he played some lovely balls forward as did :heart: KASHI :heart:
  • edited July 2017

Bubble said:

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/26897/charlton-boss-former-mk-shotstopper-david-martin/

I don't mind Robinson to be fair but he does have an incredible knack of talking a lot whilst saying absolutely fuck all

“On some days I feel very close [to resolving the goalkeeping situation] and others I feel a million miles away. I know exactly what I want to do.
    sounds like he is been messed about from the regime to me on budget or they want DP to play and KR is putting his footdown.
  • Bubble said:

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/26897/charlton-boss-former-mk-shotstopper-david-martin/

I don't mind Robinson to be fair but he does have an incredible knack of talking a lot whilst saying absolutely fuck all

“On some days I feel very close [to resolving the goalkeeping situation] and others I feel a million miles away. I know exactly what I want to do.
    sounds like he is been messed about from the regime to me on budget or they want DP to play and KR is putting his footdown.
    Funny, sounds like nothing of the sort to me. Sounds more like he's in conversation with a couple of clubs about a loan GK and he's told Martin he's got a deal ready for him if he can't get a loan in
  • sam3110 said:

Bubble said:

Funny, sounds like nothing of the sort to me. Sounds more like he's in conversation with a couple of clubs about a loan GK and he's told Martin he's got a deal ready for him if he can't get a loan in
    Quite possible as well.
  • edited July 2017

Bubble said:

So my best (complete) guess is Robinson wants Martin, Martin wants to come here, contract offer currently well below what he is looking for and he is not prepared to commit at this stage.
  • Sounds to me that he may had been offered a contract but wants to play in the Championship!. Who knows what it is.
  • Sounds to me that he may had been offered a contract but wants to play in the Championship!. Who knows what it is.

Certainly nobody on here, that's for sure

WIOTOS
  • Sponsored links:

• Read to me like he wants better and being careful not to slag off a player he may end up with.

Bolton are in the championship though.

I believe he is talking about Martin, rather than Amos.

I believe he is talking about Martin, rather than Amos.
    Ah! Gotcha. Ta.
  • edited July 2017
    A few days old now but Bristol Rovers signed Adam Smith from Northampton on a free. Would have been a good signing for us if we can't get David Martin.
  • Charlton miss out on the signing of James Rodriguez... By not even being in the running.
  • edited July 2017
    Redrobo said:

Scoham said:
    How can they claim to be being held to ransome? They just could not afford or not wanted to afford him. No one asked them to come in for him. Indeed their intrest probably cost us.

I am struggling to think of the words.

Oh yeah.

Fuck off!
    probably in the same way Robinson said we were being held to ransom in January for player deals in that every time we go in for someone the price goes up. It's all about perspective and which side of the bid you're on. For once it seems we were on the winning side so well done to KM and KR for (seemingly) sticking to their guns for once.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:

Scoham said:
    How can they claim to be being held to ransome? They just could not afford or not wanted to afford him. No one asked them to come in for him. Indeed their intrest probably cost us.

I am struggling to think of the words.

Oh yeah.

Fuck off!
    To be fair, there's nothing about being held to ransom in the direct quotes from Wilder. There are just some words the journo has probably used to "add a bit of colour" to what was otherwise a very boring story that would have had the headline: "Blades can't afford League One player".
  • The bottom line is he is worth more to us than he is to them. if they'd valued him more highly than we do he'd have been moving.

I know we knock RD but the truth is that if he wants to he is financially able to turn down any and all offers for our players. This is not an endorsement for RD (or KM) but we have had a lot of owners, over the years, that have sold our best player because we needed the money and/or the deal was too good to turn down.

It's nice for us to be able to hold on to a player for a change - especially as it was a team in a higher division that was, clearly, trying to sign him.

I suspect that for KR Holmes (and Pearce) was a line in the sand, a player he insisted on keeping.
  • edited July 2017
  • luke1 said:

luke1 said:

Nah I'm with Holmes, stop it. CARD has done more damage than Roland in my opinion. Roland won't be around forever but The fans CARD have pursuaded to stay away or fans fed up with match day protests might be lost forever. Not here for an argument, Just my opinion.

CARD haven't persuaded anyone to stay away & you have to be out of your fucking mind to suggest they have done more harm than the Belgians. I made a decision to boycott without anyone persuading me because like thousands of others I want to support a Charlton where the owners share my desire to see the team win matches not totally destroy the Charlton we used to know. When they're gone I'll be back to resume my 52 years of support.
    Here we go again... This is kind of the problem. Anyone that doesn't like the way CARD handle themselves on these message forums will come up against irate fans telling them they must be out of their mind. It's an opinion. I think Douche bag and Meire are incompetent and have made far too many mistakes but i don't think they want the club to fail like some on here make out. I want them out, but not at the expense of the clubs future. We will never find a buyer if our gates dwindle down even further. Again some will disagree with me and i'll disagree with them. But I've been called prick of the week and now f*cking out of my mind for expressing an opinion. If you cant have an adult conversation without respecting everyone's views then message boards are probably not for you.

If you are such an expert, try using the right thread?

(joke)
  • luke1 said:

luke1 said:

Nah I'm with Holmes, stop it. CARD has done more damage than Roland in my opinion. Roland won't be around forever but The fans CARD have pursuaded to stay away or fans fed up with match day protests might be lost forever. Not here for an argument, Just my opinion.

CARD haven't persuaded anyone to stay away & you have to be out of your fucking mind to suggest they have done more harm than the Belgians. I made a decision to boycott without anyone persuading me because like thousands of others I want to support a Charlton where the owners share my desire to see the team win matches not totally destroy the Charlton we used to know. When they're gone I'll be back to resume my 52 years of support.
    Here we go again... This is kind of the problem. Anyone that doesn't like the way CARD handle themselves on these message forums will come up against irate fans telling them they must be out of their mind. It's an opinion. I think Douche bag and Meire are incompetent and have made far too many mistakes but i don't think they want the club to fail like some on here make out. I want them out, but not at the expense of the clubs future. We will never find a buyer if our gates dwindle down even further. Again some will disagree with me and i'll disagree with them. But I've been called prick of the week and now f*cking out of my mind for expressing an opinion. If you cant have an adult conversation without respecting everyone's views then message boards are probably not for you.
    Just so you are aware I have nothing to do with card, but your initial point is IMHO ridiculous.

As far as I am concerned Roland and his crew are a cancer that needs cutting out of our club.

People make up their own mind on whether to go or not and CARD as far as I am aware have never told people not to attend, but why let the truth stand in the way of an argument.