Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Did Reeves go with MK to Hungary ?

Very pleased about Holmes.
  • edited July 2017
    We are Charlton we win win every week !

Whilst RH signing is fantastic news, I take more than just him still being here. I don,t think he would have signed unless he was convinced that we are looking to push forward this season with a serious promotion challenge. The penny may have finally dropped with the c**t who owns us that, he has to spend to recoup , the fortune he is losing.
  • we're going to be playing 4231, I can't see Robbo changing his stance on that. Even if we had Higuain and Lewandoski, one of them would be benched.

I'm sure you're right.

In which case what on earth is the point of having Magennis, Watt, Novak, Ahearne-Grant, Ajose, Kennedy, Hanlan and Umerah on the books when only one of them will be called on to start?
  • we're going to be playing 4231, I can't see Robbo changing his stance on that. Even if we had Higuain and Lewandoski, one of them would be benched.

We should vote on whether we should sign him in the weekly 'Poll of the Week'.
  • This seasons signings so far have been very positive, even the Fosu lad looks a good prospect. FIngers crossed we concentrate on some technical training in the next few weeks following all the fitness stuff last week.

I'm sure you're right.

In which case what on earth is the point of having Magennis, Watt, Novak, Ahearne-Grant, Ajose, Kennedy, Hanlan and Umerah on the books when only one of them will be called on to start?
    I suspect Hanlan and Umerah are not considered part of the first team squad, nor Kennedy, can see him leaving permanently. That leaves 5 and I think Robbo would want 3, maybe 4 of them, would not be surprised if any of them bar Magennis leave.

Pretty sure he didn't, no. Bolton and Sheffield United want him I think though.

I'm sure you're right.

I suspect Hanlan and Umerah are not considered part of the first team squad, nor Kennedy, can see him leaving permanently. That leaves 5 and I think Robbo would want 3, maybe 4 of them, would not be surprised if any of them bar Magennis leave.
    Bowyer talked about KAG in that interview, so he seems to well up the pecking order
  • Sponsored links:

I'm sure you're right.

Bowyer talked about KAG in that interview, so he seems to well up the pecking order
    I'd hope he wouldn't be better than 4th choice this season.

I'm sure you're right.

The problem is that only Magennis can play the lone role although Watt did a decent job despite not having the physicality. Novac and Ajose are 4-4-2 strikers and the kids don't have the experience to make an impact alone. Igor would have been the ideal alternative.

From what i've read he didn't go as he's not contracted to them any more.

He's now unemployed and although i'm pretty sure he won't need to be visiting the local food bank any time soon, surely now that clubs are back in pre season he'll be keen to sign for someone soon and get back training.
  • Did they ask Holmes if he knew what we are protesting about? This has really wound me up. It's fuck all to do with him and in three years time at most he won't be around. Stick to football Ricky.

Totally agree, stick to what you know lad.

From what i've read he didn't go as he's not contracted to them any more.

He's now unemployed and although i'm pretty sure he won't need to be visiting the local food bank any time soon, surely now that clubs are back in pre season he'll be keen to sign for someone soon and get back training.
    Out of contract footballers are paid for July.
  • luke1 said:

Nah I'm with Holmes, stop it. CARD has done more damage than Roland in my opinion. Roland won't be around forever but The fans CARD have pursuaded to stay away or fans fed up with match day protests might be lost forever. Not here for an argument, Just my opinion.

You for real.
  • luke1 said:

Nah I'm with Holmes, stop it. CARD has done more damage than Roland in my opinion. Roland won't be around forever but The fans CARD have pursuaded to stay away or fans fed up with match day protests might be lost forever. Not here for an argument, Just my opinion.

You for real.
    Yeah I don't like Roland as much as anyone else, but I don't agree with the manner of the protests. Not the only one bud, quite a few of us.
  • Sponsored links:

• luke1 said:

luke1 said:

You for real.
    Yeah I don't like Roland as much as anyone else, but I don't agree with the manner of the protests. Not the only one bud, quite a few of us.
    in what way?
  • luke1 said:

luke1 said:

You for real.
    in what way?
    As I explained, I think telling fans to stay away will result in fans lost forever. People will find better ways to spend there Saturdays. Don't have the answers but not attending has done no favours for the future of cafc in my oppinion. Anyway this is transfer rumour thread, I know my opinion isn't shared by most of you, but I'll be the first to put my hands up if I'm wrong and ppl do come back once his gone.
  • Is this the argument thread?
  • tgarrat1 said:

'“To be fair, all the young lads at Charlton are good ones. The future is definitely bright. Ezri [Konsa] is an exceptional player, there is a good chance he might go in the summer. Joe Aribo is exceptional. Karlan [Ahearne-Grant] is a good player as well, he broke back in at the end of the season.'

From the SLP Bowyer interview.. sounds ominous r.e. Konsa

He may go on to be a top player, but in terms of next season, Konsa is far less important that the likes of Holmes, Magennis or Pearce, I'd much rather lose him than those 3
    I don't agree. I think he has the potential to be just as, if not more important than at least two of those this season. he also brings some desperately needed pace to the backline, and athleticism to central midfield, plus can cover right back.

• luke1 said:

luke1 said:

luke1 said:

You for real.
    in what way?
    As I explained, I think telling fans to stay away will result in fans lost forever. People will find better ways to spend there Saturdays. Don't have the answers but not attending has done no favours for the future of cafc in my oppinion. Anyway this is transfer rumour thread, I know my opinion isn't shared by most of you, but I'll be the first to put my hands up if I'm wrong and ppl do come back once his gone.
    Fans will come back once they feel that the owner has the best interests of the club at heart and I don't mean that is just about winning.

We are not Charlton fans because we demand success. At present our owner has no interest in the club other than satisfying his madcap experiment. If you want proof that he couldn't give a shit tell me when he last came and watched a game ?

So when the team start winning, what difference would it make, whether he came or not?
    Just my opinion, but I could not care less.
    I just want a successful, promotion winning team.