Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Mixed emotions watching that.

I doubt I'll ever see the like again.
  • Mixed emotions watching that.

I know, I miss Andy Reid too.
  • edited July 2017

Mixed emotions watching that.

What, us beating Palace in the Championship?

Could happen again next year...
    I think I meant a team with players like Reid, Powell, Toderov etc etc. A club in assendency with board, fans and players as one.

• What a day that was and what a goal!!
  • Sponsored links:

• i was told we have already signed a LB.
  • PaddyP17 said:

You're going to have to trust me on this one, as I don't want to betray my source.

We are currently negotiating the particulars on a season-long loan for Jay Dasilva. I'm told he'd love to come back (we're still seen as a "Big Club" by lots of young footballers - remember, we were in the Prem during their formative footballing years), and much of the meat of the deal has been agreed in principle.

We're waiting until he's free from international duty, at which point things will be finalised/firmed up. However, I'm told Chelsea are making a few fairly stringent demands for clauses, that are currently proving to be minor stumbling blocks (i.e. fees if he doesn't play a certain amount of games, or similar).

It's likely but not 100%, basically.

DaSilva was in every 18 man squad from Millwall at home onwards. That clause was probably in place last season.
  • shirty5 said:

PaddyP17 said:

You're going to have to trust me on this one, as I don't want to betray my source.

We are currently negotiating the particulars on a season-long loan for Jay Dasilva. I'm told he'd love to come back (we're still seen as a "Big Club" by lots of young footballers - remember, we were in the Prem during their formative footballing years), and much of the meat of the deal has been agreed in principle.

We're waiting until he's free from international duty, at which point things will be finalised/firmed up. However, I'm told Chelsea are making a few fairly stringent demands for clauses, that are currently proving to be minor stumbling blocks (i.e. fees if he doesn't play a certain amount of games, or similar).

DaSilva was in every 18 man squad from Millwall at home onwards. That clause was probably in place last season.
    Yes, that looked very suspicious at the time, you knew he would be in the 18, but would not feature.

The odd thing about last season's loan is that he didn't figure for 2 months (other than wasting a place on the bench), yet came in and was our best player for the last few games.
  • Why cant we report Sheffield United for all this crap from them?

They've effectively spent the last two months tapping up our player!!
  • sam3110 said:

Mixed emotions watching that.

What, us beating Palace in the Championship?

Could happen again next year...
    I think I meant a team with players like Reid, Powell, Toderov etc etc. A club in assendency with board, fans and players as one.

We weren't in ascendancy then though, that was the start of our decline.

People seem to forget we fell to this level without the assistance of RD and KM
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/6963670.stm

I'm amazed we won that game seeing that the referee was called Nigel
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2017

Why cant we report Sheffield United for all this crap from them?

That Robinson definitely hasn't done to MK Dons for Reeves since January.
    Very true... His behaviour in January with Reeves definitely should have earned a slap from the FA / EFL or whoever.

I've always believed that all transfer business should be done like how we signed Tarieq Fosu... No one knows a thing of whats going on until the signature is there on the Contract
  • shirty5 said:

PaddyP17 said:

Yes, that looked very suspicious at the time, you knew he would be in the 18, but would not feature.

The odd thing about last season's loan is that he didn't figure for 2 months (other than wasting a place on the bench), yet came in and was our best player for the last few games.
    IMO that was because his first game for us was against Millwall - and he looked pretty awful. But I think that was his first competitive game! Not a good one to judge his initial performance on...
  • cafc-west said:

shirty5 said:

PaddyP17 said:

IMO that was because his first game for us was against Millwall - and he looked pretty awful. But I think that was his first competitive game! Not a good one to judge his initial performance on...
    Charlton fans might write people off after one game, I didn't think the coaching staff would do that as well!
  • Why cant we report Sheffield United for all this crap from them?

They've made official bids, hardly tapping up
  • edited July 2017
    cafc-west said:

shirty5 said:

PaddyP17 said:

Going home after that Millwall match I felt Dasilva had a poor game but thought it was unfair to throw him into his first League appearance on such an occasion.

Because of that reason I was more than willing to write off that match and give him a chance yet to not be given a chance for another two months I did think was harsh... For all his in-depth answers Id love to hear Robinson explain his absense for so long
  • cafc-west said:

shirty5 said:

PaddyP17 said:

I for one thought he did Ok against Millwall and said so at the time on here. Couldn't understand why he was taken off or why he didn't play again for months.
  • SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

uie2 said:

Micheal Boswick likes a goal or two as well

Said the below on the squad list thread a few days ago.

Goalkeepers

Dillon Phillips 2018

need one in

Right Backs

Chris Solly 2020

probably need one although Barnes seems to be considered part of the squad

Centre Backs

Harry Lennon 2018
    Patrick Bauer 2019
    Jason Pearce 2020 - Contract extension from 2019
    Ezri Konsa 2020
    Jorge Teixeira 2020
    Naby Sarr 2020

We have enough here although can see Tex and or Bauer leaving in which case they need replacing. Lose Sarr

Left Backs

Lewis Page 2019

Need one minimum where's Chicksen?

Central Midfielders

Andrew Crofts 2018
    Johnnie Jackson 2018 (Player/First Team Coach)
    Ahmed Kashi 2018
    Joe Aribo 2019
    Jake Forster-Caskey 2019

depending on how Kashi is viewed within the squad and whether he is around this year we may have enough. 1 more needed of Kashi isn't there.

Wide Midfielders

Ricky Holmes 2018
    Cristian Ceballos 2018
    Mark Marshall 2019 - Signed from Bradford City as free agent
    Terique Fosu 2019 - Signed from Reading for undisclosed fee

pretty happy with this. Personally I'd lose Ceballos and sign Stewart

Number 10/CAM
    Billy Clarke 2019 - Signed from Bradford City for undisclosed fee

Need one more (ease be Reeves)

Strikers

Josh Magennis 2018
    Tony Watt 2018
    Lee Novak 2019
    Karlan Ahearne-Grant 2019
    Nicky Ajose 2019
    Igor Vetokele 2019 - Loaned to STVV for 2017/8 season

Unsure on this one. On the face of it we have numbers but only really Magennis and Novak fit KR's system. I reckon KAG will be used more out wide in that system. So can only teally justify one squad place for Watt or Ajose if a different system is favoured.

So I make that:
    GK (Martin?)
    Rb (if Barnes not ready, isn't Wilson available?)
    Lb (maybe 2, Dasilva, is Edwards ready?)
    CB if Tex or Bauer leave
    CM if Kashi not ready or not around
    Winger (Stewart)
    No 10 (Please Reeves)
    Striker (and lose one of Ajose/Watt)

Dumbing down my expectations because time is getting on and there seems to be a distinct lack of activity I reckon we need:

Gk
    LB
    Winger

Reckon Barnes and Konsaa will be rb cover, seems like Bauer and Tex will be here until their contracts run down. They're making a lot of Kashi so I assume he will be here.

Mavididi would be a good acquisition as he played mostly his games for us out wide last year but he could be 3rd choice for the lone striker role in the 4231 behind Magennis and Novak. As I think Watt/Ajose will be used as impact subs or if we want to change formation.

I'd be very happy with

Martin
    DaSilva
    Stewart (or another)
    Reeves
    Mavididi

I wouldn't! Need a prolific striker really! But is there one out there?
    I'm not so sure. Think Magennis is good enough and Novak will surprise a few this year. With the formation Karl likes to play the inside forwards (wingers) and number 10 are expected to contribute plenty of goals. 4 or 5 players contributing 10 over the season is better than 1 players getting 20.
    This.

And I think Josh could be a 20 goal/season man at this level with the right service. Last year he fed on scraps a lot of the time and did a lot of chasing shadows and hoofs up to him with no one around him.

To answer the first question, I don't think there is a reasonably priced forward out there who will guarantee you 20 goals and can play up front on his own. I'm not a big fan of Novak's, but I think he's about par for the course in terms of what you can expect to get.
    Better than Pawel Abbott anyway.

Surprised to see that people seem to think Konsa will be with us this season.
    Maybe you know something we don't, but as stated above, I think if Konsa were going to a significantly bigger club there would at least be rumors at this point. It's entirely possible a Championship club will come in for him later in the summer, but I fancy our chances far more against a Forest or Derby than against Everton or Arsenal. Perhaps I'm being naive. Certainly after winning the U-20 World Cup I thought there would be more desire for his services, but so far, nothing.
    I do expect RD to cash him in.
  • edited July 2017
    DA9 said:

Why cant we report Sheffield United for all this crap from them?

They've made official bids, hardly tapping up
    they have made bids and its probably being petty given how Holmes would know of the interest anyway, but I agree that publicly continually stating your interest in another teams player has to be some sort of tapping up.

For the record, I agree Robbo did something very similar in January with regards to Reeves, perhaps slightly different given the fact he knew Reeves would be available come the summer.
  • SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

uie2 said:

Goalkeepers

Dillon Phillips 2018

need one in

Right Backs

Chris Solly 2020

Centre Backs

Harry Lennon 2018
    Patrick Bauer 2019
    Ezri Konsa 2020
    Jorge Teixeira 2020
    Naby Sarr 2020

We have enough here although can see Tex and or Bauer leaving in which case they need replacing. Lose Sarr

Left Backs

Lewis Page 2019

Central Midfielders

Andrew Crofts 2018
    Ahmed Kashi 2018
    Joe Aribo 2019
    Jake Forster-Caskey 2019

depending on how Kashi is viewed within the squad and whether he is around this year we may have enough. 1 more needed of Kashi isn't there.

Wide Midfielders

Ricky Holmes 2018
    Cristian Ceballos 2018

Number 10/CAM

Strikers

Josh Magennis 2018
    Tony Watt 2018
    Lee Novak 2019
    Nicky Ajose 2019

Unsure on this one. On the face of it we have numbers but only really Magennis and Novak fit KR's system. I reckon KAG will be used more out wide in that system. So can only teally justify one squad place for Watt or Ajose if a different system is favoured.

So I make that:
    GK (Martin?)
    CB if Tex or Bauer leave
    Winger (Stewart)
    No 10 (Please Reeves)

Dumbing down my expectations because time is getting on and there seems to be a distinct lack of activity I reckon we need:

Gk
    LB
    Winger

Reckon Barnes and Konsaa will be rb cover, seems like Bauer and Tex will be here until their contracts run down. They're making a lot of Kashi so I assume he will be here.

Mavididi would be a good acquisition as he played mostly his games for us out wide last year but he could be 3rd choice for the lone striker role in the 4231 behind Magennis and Novak. As I think Watt/Ajose will be used as impact subs or if we want to change formation.

I'd be very happy with

Martin
    DaSilva
    Stewart (or another)
    Reeves
    Mavididi

I'm not so sure. Think Magennis is good enough and Novak will surprise a few this year. With the formation Karl likes to play the inside forwards (wingers) and number 10 are expected to contribute plenty of goals. 4 or 5 players contributing 10 over the season is better than 1 players getting 20.
    This.

And I think Josh could be a 20 goal/season man at this level with the right service. Last year he fed on scraps a lot of the time and did a lot of chasing shadows and hoofs up to him with no one around him.

To answer the first question, I don't think there is a reasonably priced forward out there who will guarantee you 20 goals and can play up front on his own. I'm not a big fan of Novak's, but I think he's about par for the course in terms of what you can expect to get.

Maybe you know something we don't, but as stated above, I think if Konsa were going to a significantly bigger club there would at least be rumors at this point. It's entirely possible a Championship club will come in for him later in the summer, but I fancy our chances far more against a Forest or Derby than against Everton or Arsenal. Perhaps I'm being naive. Certainly after winning the U-20 World Cup I thought there would be more desire for his services, but so far, nothing.
    So do I but do you expect him to leave this summer? Or January?
  • SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

uie2 said:

Goalkeepers

Dillon Phillips 2018

need one in

Right Backs

Chris Solly 2020

Centre Backs

Harry Lennon 2018
    Patrick Bauer 2019
    Ezri Konsa 2020
    Jorge Teixeira 2020
    Naby Sarr 2020

Left Backs

Lewis Page 2019

Central Midfielders

Andrew Crofts 2018
    Ahmed Kashi 2018
    Joe Aribo 2019
    Jake Forster-Caskey 2019

Wide Midfielders

Ricky Holmes 2018
    Cristian Ceballos 2018

Number 10/CAM

Strikers

Josh Magennis 2018
    Tony Watt 2018
    Lee Novak 2019
    Nicky Ajose 2019

So I make that:
    GK (Martin?)
    CB if Tex or Bauer leave
    Winger (Stewart)
    No 10 (Please Reeves)

Gk
    LB
    Winger

I'd be very happy with

Martin
    DaSilva
    Stewart (or another)
    Reeves
    Mavididi

This.

I think we all expected that given RD's track record, but I agree I expected more rumours. I don't think he is regarded in a top quality bracket by the boy boys and that perhaps is shown by a lack of interest.

If Bauer and/or Tex stays, and Kashi stays fit, not even sure that many people would have Konsa as a starter.