Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Emery was a dick
  • Advocatt is a dick
  • Christ I'm bored....
  • @Redvalleyeast is a dick. Good game this.
  • Christ I'm bored....

Christ is a dick.
  • edited July 2017

Robinson wants 4 more. One of those is I suspect Martin and another DaSilva. If we do sign two in addition to those then we will repeat the mistakes of every other year under RD. Two or three players short of what we need. Don't see a promotion challenge with what Robinson expects.

My guess is the budget has run out and if we can't shift Tex and Sarr out then we are going to suffer again

You think four more signings--GK, Left back, I'm assuming right back, and attacker, would still leave us 2-3 short? Where? Our squad is pretty big at the moment for League One. And while it isn't all players perfect for us at this level, I don't think it's unfair to say we'd need to get rid of some before bringing in more.

With those four, our team would be:
    Phillips
    Solly Tex Pearce DaSilva
    ..........Kashi.....Konsa
    Marshall....JFC.....Holmes
    ...............Magennis

Bench: Martin, Bauer, RB, Crofts, Aribo, Clarke, Watt

Missing out: Novak, Fosu, Ceballos, Sarr, Ajose, Attacker, KAG, Barnes, Dijksteel, I feel like I'm missing people

Plus Page and Lennon injured makes 29 senior pros, assuming KAG is counted and not counting the likes of Beeney, RCC, Hanlan, Umerah, etc.

The only area where I'd say we might be a little light is central midfield, but we have Dijksteel, Charles-Cook, and Lapslie all coming through. The former two should definitely be there or thereabouts this season.
  • Apparently Reeves is now not going to Hungary with the MK Dons squad tommorow.

http://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/sport/football/mk-dons/contract-rebel-ben-reeves-sits-on-dons-bench-during-aylesbury-fc-win-1-8047250

This wonderful, epic saga continues......

The MK ITKs strike again. I thought ours were bad.
    To be fair, I don't think that journo has a clue either. That ITK twitter account is right 99% of the time - he mentioned that Martin was going to Charlton about a month ago. Also mentioned we were signing a Dutch keeper a week before it was announced and has been right numerous other times. I'm leaning towards Reeves staying at MK with a bit more negotiation.

We need him really, Charlton's squad as it stands looks good for promotion and KR has been there. Marshall a very good L1 signing, hopefully you can keep Holmes - if you do I'd say you were firm favourites for top 6.

The only players of ours that could get into Charlton's first team are Williams (right back - our POTY), Aneke (attacking mid), Cissé (defensive mid) and Reeves.
    Probably right on the others but I can't see anyone shifting Solly out of our team for a long time, either till he loses it or someone higher up takes him.
  • Aaron Barnes can be thrown into your mix.
  • MKD played some lovely stuff at the Valley in the league game last season, although we were almost absurdly shit
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

Aaron Barnes can be thrown into your mix.

Good point, added him and Dijksteel because they're both in Ireland. Given they have about 5 league minutes between them they're still very much on the fringes, but they seem to be players looking to make the step up this year.
  • edited July 2017
    Aahhhhhhhhh!!AahhhhhhhhhAahhhhhhhhhAahhhhhhhhhAahhhhhhhhhAahhhhhhhhhAahhhhhhhhhAahhhhhhhhhAahhhhhhhhhAahhhhhhhhhAahhhhhhhhhAahhhhhhhhhAahhhhhhhhhAahhhhhhhhhAahhhhhhhhhAahhhhhhhhhAahhhhhhhhhAahhhhhhhhhAahhhhhhhhhAahhhhhhhhhAahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..................... for fuck sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scuse the spelling
  • Scoham said:

They did make a big thing of Clarke being our number 10 when he signed so should we even be expecting to sign Reeves? Predicting Da Silva and 1 or two more and then talking up of the youngsters.

KR was talking about Reeves in January and more recently said he wants to sign a number 10.
    We signed Clarke as a number 10 didn't we?
  • When did all this 'No.10 role / false 9' nonsense creep into football??

Next we'll be talking about goalkeepers in the number 1 role!
  • Last season teams coming to defend "parked the bus".
  • Scoham said:

They did make a big thing of Clarke being our number 10 when he signed so should we even be expecting to sign Reeves? Predicting Da Silva and 1 or two more and then talking up of the youngsters.

KR was talking about Reeves in January and more recently said he wants to sign a number 10.
    We signed Clarke as a number 10 didn't we?
    It was after Clarke came in. KR also said he wants 2 for every position, he clearly wants Reeves given he started talking about him back in January.
  • When did all this 'No.10 role / false 9' nonsense creep into football??

Read a book @AFKABartram

• Sponsored links:

• I thought KR said that we would have some news to get excited about this weekend.
    He keeps on saying things like this without delivering on them .
    It's an annoying habit and I wish he would stop.

Where has he said this? Just wondering because I haven't seen or heard this
  • I thought KR said that we would have some news to get excited about this weekend.

In one of his interview 's from Ireland.

Page 110 on this thread.
  • He said he hoped there would be things to announce.

He said there might be, he didn't promise as some in twitter are claiming and in any case it's Karl so take it with a pinch of salt.

When it's on the OS
  • Crusty54 said:

He said he hoped there would be things to announce.

Don't we all.
  • JamesSeed said:

Crusty54 said:

He said he hoped there would be things to announce.

Don't we all.
    Didn't he just mean the kit news?

Didn't you see the news about the one off kit we'll be wearing in Ireland?
  • edited July 2017

I thought KR said that we would have some news to get excited about this weekend.

He said there might be, he didn't promise as some in twitter are claiming and in any case it's Karl so take it with a seller of salt.

When it's on the OS
  • edited July 2017

When did all this 'No.10 role / false 9' nonsense creep into football??

Next we'll be talking about goalkeepers in the number 1 role!
    The number 1 role was originated by Stuart Balmer ;)