Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• So a squad of

Phillips Martin
    Solly Barnes
    DaSilva Page
    Pearce Bauer Lennon Konsa Tex
    JFC Konsa Kashi Aribo Crofts Jackson
    Holmes Marshall Fosu Mavididi KAG
    Clarke Reeves
    Magennis Novak Mavididi
    Ajose Watt

Lose: Sarr Ceballos and maybe Tex
  • Can't see Ajose hanging around to be 4th choice (or 5th if we sign Mavididi)
  • I thought KR said that we would have some news to get excited about this weekend.
    He keeps on saying things like this without delivering on them .
    It's an annoying habit and I wish he would stop.

He said there might be, he didn't promise as some in twitter are claiming and in any case it's Karl so take it with a pinch of salt.

When it's on the OS
    Perhaps he was talking about Lukaku joining Man U! Or maybe it was about Rooney going to Everton!
    Separately Fosu and Kashi were doing extra training/ ball work after 23's game yesterday.
  • Can't see Ajose hanging around to be 4th choice (or 5th if we sign Mavididi)

I agree. But given the type of player he is and the formation and system we know Karl favours I cant see him being any more than an impact sub if we want a finished for the last half an hour or maybe starting the odd game if we go 2 up top.
  • When did all this 'No.10 role / false 9' nonsense creep into football??

Aah, bring back the good old inside-left.
    I remember the press always seemed to call the good ones an "arch-schemer".
  • edited July 2017
    Thought the interview was a good move by Robinson but if the weekend ends with no news at all I don't think it'll go down well and will lose him some of the credit he may have gained in doing it.
  • Thought the interview was a good move by Robinson but if the weekend ends with no news at all I don't think it'll go down well and will lose him some of the credit he may have gained in doing it.

Yes i think his interview technique is improving he doesn't seem to be as manic as he was.
    I just wish he would stop promising things that don't materialise it makes him look silly
  • He said "might be"
  • Sponsored links:

• vffvff
    edited July 2017
    Any news ? Da Silva, that MK Dons midfielder (this seasons Andy Delort) who should have signed by now if he was going to ? Any plan B to that MKD Dons player not happening ? or Holmes contract improvement ?

Some improvements in the team, Is there a sign of a a balanced squad yet ? Or is the team going to be 3 to 4 players short as per normal Duchatelet ?
  • He said "might be"

I think he implied something would be happening and he hoped we would be happy with whatever it was
  • He said "might be"

I think he implied something would be happening and he hoped we would be happy with whatever it was
    No. Wrong. He implied that something "MIGHT" happen.

• I heard yesterday that da Silva is likely provided we meet Chelsea's terms.
    We are talking a loan for the season.
  • He said "might be"

No. Wrong. He implied that something "MIGHT" happen.

Well I've listened to his interview several times and I think he thought something was going to happen.
    You obviously interpret it different so lets just agree to disagree: )
  • He said "might be"

That is almost completely irrelevant to be honest. If it isn't as good as done just don't say it, just makes him sound stupid when it doesn't come off.
    Why is it irrelevant? Might be means it might happen or it might not happen at the weekend. It doesn't make him look stupid at all because he said might be. If he said definitely I might agree with you.

• dickplumb said:

He said "might be"

That is almost completely irrelevant to be honest. If it isn't as good as done just don't say it, just makes him sound stupid when it doesn't come off.
    Why is it irrelevant? Might be means it might happen or it might not happen at the weekend. It doesn't make him look stupid at all because he said might be. If he said definitely I might agree with you.

In terms of public image I think it's irrelevant, 9/10 fans will take it as there should be news coming and if it doesn't then he's an idiot again. I get that sometimes it doesn't work out in certain timescales but I've already seen people criticising him over it on Facebook and Twitter.
  • Robinson is the latest custodian and he may do well. I would rather him than prickly Slade. The issue is Meire and Duchatelet.
  • Sponsored links:

• 'Hopefully 1 or 2 things can excite fans over the weekend' is the exact quote. Even more direct than I thought, sounds more like things will happen, hopefully fans will excite them rather than hopefully it'll happen full stop.
  • 'Hopefully 1 or 2 things can excite fans over the weekend' is the exact quote. Even more direct than I thought, sounds more like things will happen, hopefully fans will excite them rather than hopefully it'll happen full stop.

I agree, and he never said might.
  • Da Silva starts for England U19 tonight.
  • Da Silva starts for England U19 tonight.

Well if we do sign him on loan at least we know he will be match fit.
  • dickplumb said:

He said "might be"

In terms of public image I think it's irrelevant, 9/10 fans will take it as there should be news coming and if it doesn't then he's an idiot again. I get that sometimes it doesn't work out in certain timescales but I've already seen people criticising him over it on Facebook and Twitter.
    Yes, seen that. People saying "where are the two players he PROMISED"

He didn't promise and it's Tarbuck.

There is a reason why sensible people say "when it's on the OS"
  • Pigs MIGHT fly.
  • edited July 2017
    seth plum said:

Robinson is the latest custodian and he may do well. I would rather him than prickly Slade. The issue is Meire and Duchatelet.

agreed completely, but if Robinson wants to be liked (which I definitely think he does) then he doesn't need to say anything which will make him look stupid.

How many people come out and say something might happen, it's completely pointless. No need to say anything unless he was confident it would happen.
  • Or the alternative view. By saying it shows that they are working hard to get stuff done even when he's been running this training camp. Had he not said anything the same people who are criticising would be moaning that he hasn't said anything and is doing nothing to bring people in.
  • colthe3rd said:

Or the alternative view. By saying it shows that they are working hard to get stuff done even when he's been running this training camp. Had he not said anything the same people who are criticising would be moaning that he hasn't said anything and is doing nothing to bring people in.

Most clubs just sign players and that's that. The fact he needs to comment shows the compensating he's doing for the clubs general incompetence.

I think @Ollywozere promised that there'd be a couple of pictures of classic rolling stock on the website over the weekend...