Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Yeah it's definitely an old pic. He's definitely at our Aylesbury pre-season game today though. We're flying out to Hungary tommorow for a week - think it's fair to say if he's on the plane then a very good chance he's staying at MK.

Or likes Goulash

A strange situation, I wonder if he's asking for too much money, and as a result clubs are waiting for him to lower his terms?
    Someone claiming they've asked him at the game today says that Reeves told him he is open to staying at MK, but that the contract we have offered him isn't much of an increase on what he was being paid previously. He renewed a few years ago and is already one of our top earners.
  • Apparently for the second half Reeves sat in the dugout alongside our manager. Doesn't sound like a player who doesn't want to be here. Probably just wanted a cuddle after all of the stress of it.
  • Think our chance at Reeves is gone, but can't see him staying at MK.
    Surely will get a much better offer from someone like Sheffield Utd etc and he'll be off.
  • Redhenry said:

how can you write him off? Luke Young was bang average for about three seasons before he kicked on to another level.

Agree. Page hasn't impressed but he's hardly played.

His problem is that if Dasilva does come in Lewis doesn't have the pace or flare of the Chelsea youngster and so many will dismiss him in the binary way fans do where everyone is either "great" or "shit".
    Agreed.
    His few minutes on the pitch played out right in front of me, and I saw a few touches and passes that made me think this could be a decent player. Patience called for!
  • edited July 2017
    Anyone interested in the continuing Reeves saga - check out the Twitter account 2004MK1 - https://twitter.com/2004MK1 - a very in the know MK Dons account - frequently been proved right. He's posted a few things today about Reeves.
  • Wouldn't take any comments he's made too literally, he's not going to turn up and say I can't wait to leave and get away from the franchise is he? He'll be polite to fans and say what they want to hear.
  • Wouldn't take any comments he's made too literally, he's not going to turn up and say I can't wait to leave and get away from the franchise is he? He'll be polite to fans and say what they want to hear.

Our 'ITK' guy says he's flying with us to Hungary tommorow for a week. Was also seen talking to our head of recruitment and a club director a short while ago at the game. All seems to be very public.

Our 'ITK' guy says he's flying with us to Hungary tommorow for a week. Was also seen talking to our head of recruitment and a club director a short while ago at the game. All seems to be very public.
    I think he could well be staying with you if that's correct.
    Time for us to move on me thinks.

To whom ?

To whom ?

Clarke was our number one number 10 remember.
  • Sponsored links:

That's definitely interesting and could mean he'll be staying but our whole squads been in Ireland, and I'm definitely expecting a few to leave. If he's being as greedy as he seems maybe he'll use the training with mates till he gets the deal he wants. Your 'ITKs' have gone from done deal to us to Burton to staying with you so don't know how far to trust them.

To whom ?

No idea mate,but as incompetent as meire has been you would think Robinson has a plan B incase the Reeves deal fall's through.

• That's definitely interesting and could mean he'll be staying but our whole squads been in Ireland, and I'm definitely expecting a few to leave. If he's being as greedy as he seems maybe he'll use the training with mates till he gets the deal he wants. Your 'ITKs' have gone from done deal to us to Burton to staying with you so don't know how far to trust them.

It does seem that Reeves' agent at some point in the last few weeks has been in discussion with Charlton and Burton, possibly Sheff Utd too. That twitter account is spot on most of the time - leaks our signings a few days early as well as knew who was being released. I'd definitely be leaning towards it being true whatever he puts out.
  • If he wanted to come to us it would have been done by now, time to move on to the other targets in his position (assuming there are any!!!!)

Personally I'm not bothered if he signed or not.
  • To be honest I can't see why someone would move from MKD to Charlton, unless he really wants to play for KR or we are prepared to pay significantly more. It's not as if we're massively more likely to get promoted than MKD anyway, as you'd expect them to be around the top 6 next season.
  • If he wanted to come to us it would have been done by now, time to move on to the other targets in his position (assuming there are any!!!!)

Personally I'm not bothered if he signed or not.

We can right off the Holmes deal as done then too? Of course not. It's early July still plenty of time left in the window. With how agents are now they'll wait till they get exactly what they want and more.
  • After the Fans Forum Meeting I was told that we had been after Reeves since January and he is hanging on for a Championship team and seems to be playing a poker hand and keeping his options open. . Charlton would still like to sign him and the budget will allow for it, but think it is becoming increasingly unlikely unless he comes back late on if nothing better turns up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Way too drawn out of a saga for a slightly above average player for another third division team.

If he doesn't want to be here, then we'll move on and look at other players I hope.

To be fair, even as an MK Dons supporter myself, you're completely right. He is just slightly above average for this league and nothing more and definitely not worth losing sleep over. He has his strengths - probably one of the best at shooting outside of the box in the league, but aside from that he is physically weak in all other areas, and is guaranteed to have at least a month or two out with injury each season.

You can do better. He's basically the Lidl's own brand version of Will Hughes.
    Can i be the first to say 'we didn't want him anyway'
  • All I can say if fuck reeves off now obv money oriantated ain't he like robbo said in his interview get someone in that wants to play for us at least we know there heart would be in it
  • So you're telling me Marshall signed for the money when he was offered more elsewhere what about fosu he got offered a new deal at reading and turned it down Pearce signing a new deal because he wants to be hear so it's not just about money with them but with reeves it obv is
  • FAVADDICK said:

So you're telling me Marshall signed for the money when he was offered more elsewhere what about fosu he got offered a new deal at reading and turned it down Pearce signing a new deal because he wants to be hear so it's not just about money with them but with reeves it obv is

We've given Marshall more than Bradford have ever given a player outside of the prem....
  • Of course there are exceptions, Pearce likely being one. Fosu I suspect is more because of a better chance at regular football.
  • FAVADDICK said:

So you're telling me Marshall signed for the money when he was offered more elsewhere what about fosu he got offered a new deal at reading and turned it down Pearce signing a new deal because he wants to be hear so it's not just about money with them but with reeves it obv is

Wasn't Fosu offered a deal so Reading would get compensation? (Potentially) doesn't mean it was a good offer just because it was from a champ team
  • Don't know if this has been said but we have signed a LB according to KR , guessing Da Silva done
  • Redhenry said:

Don't know if this has been said but we have signed a LB according to KR , guessing Da Silva done

Hadn't seen that anywhere but very good news.
  • Redhenry said:

Don't know if this has been said but we have signed a LB according to KR , guessing Da Silva done

Where has he said that?