Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Leuth said:

Watt? ;)

He's not really a number 10 (the type known for their passing, vision, creating chances for others etc) or an out and out striker. Not sure he fits into KRs 4-2-3-1. He also looked a worse player last season than he did in the Championship. Got a lot to do to show he should be a regular in the team.
  • I've got this feeling it's going to be about Ricky Holmes this weekend. Please let me be right.
  • who is hodson??
  • Wouldn't put it past them to announce Holmes, Reeves and maybe somehow Da Silva and Mavididi at the same time. Would be hard to pull off but a smart move and would really raise morale before the first games.

Please, please just stop. It's not how it works.
    I know exactly what you mean but it's not impossible to hold an announcement is it? They won't be getting them all down to sign the contract at the same time but they've had Cawley hold stories before. Look at the drama of premier league signing announcements nowadays.
  • Wouldn't put it past them to announce Holmes, Reeves and maybe somehow Da Silva and Mavididi at the same time. Would be hard to pull off but a smart move and would really raise morale before the first games.

I know exactly what you mean but it's not impossible to hold an announcement is it? They won't be getting them all down to sign the contract at the same time but they've had Cawley hold stories before. Look at the drama of premier league signing announcements nowadays.
    Not if they involve others clubs they don't and even with free signings agents leak the news.

Not saying those four will or won't sign but all this "it's the kit" or "it's to announce them together" is silly.

They sign when they sign.

Not if they involve others clubs they don't and even with free signings agents leak the news.

Not saying those four will or won't sign but all this "it's the kit" or "it's to announce them together" is silly.

They sign when they sign.
    Manchester United managed to record a song and a whole almost advert for the Pogba announcement. With money it's possible. Not saying the club would fork out to do it but it's possible.
  • Oh and Jackson and Bowyer and even Pearce had signed contracts long before the announcement.
  • jams said:

who is hodson??

Rangers Defender isnt he?
  • Sponsored links:

• Apparently Ben Reeves has been announced as re-signing for MK Dons? Am I miles behind the curve here?
  • Apparently Ben Reeves has been announced as re-signing for MK Dons? Am I miles behind the curve here?

I would guess that Charlton and Sheffield United would offer him far more than MK.
    So I doubt it.
  • Mr. Gobby winning me over.
  • Mr. Gobby winning me over.

He looks fitter than last year as well.

I think you have been whoooshed
  • Redrobo said:

Mr. Gobby winning me over.

So he should he's in the squad if we can't sign another striker
  • Redrobo said:

Mr. Gobby winning me over.

So he should he's in the squad if we can't sign another striker
    I'll dig out my Marine and Prescot Cables' archives and run my eye over what we can expect

And no I'm not misappropriating my own username
  • edited July 2017
    Another good interview. I think we need more than 3 or 4 though. After a new contract for Holmes I'd order our priorities as...

Reeves
    Da Silva
    Gk
    Stewart - 1 yr deal
    Rb
    Possibly a Striker

• Scouse Darth Vadar says he wants 3 or 4 more players and there might be something to excite fans over the weekend.

A much more level headed set of comments from him IMHO.
    You've charmed me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Another good interview. I think we need more than 3 or 4 though. After a new contract for Holmes I'd order our priorities as...

Reeves
    Da Silva
    Gk
    Stewart - 1 yr deal
    Rb
    Possibly a Striker

Unless he really impresses after/if Holmes signs a contract I don't see a need for Stewart.
  • Another good interview. I think we need more than 3 or 4 though. After a new contract for Holmes I'd order our priorities as...

Reeves
    Da Silva
    Gk
    Stewart - 1 yr deal
    Rb
    Possibly a Striker

Unless he really impresses after/if Holmes signs a contract I don't see a need for Stewart.
    Two players for each position. What happens when one of our wingers we currently have gets injured, we won't have anyone as back up, only the two which will be starting. Another winger is definitely necessary in my opinion.
  • I'll reserve judgement until September when Holmes has signed a new deal and Robinson gets who he wants.

Oh, and when he can adapt tactically within a game.
  • Sage said:

Another good interview. I think we need more than 3 or 4 though. After a new contract for Holmes I'd order our priorities as...

Reeves
    Da Silva
    Gk
    Stewart - 1 yr deal
    Rb
    Possibly a Striker

Two players for each position. What happens when one of our wingers we currently have gets injured, we won't have anyone as back up, only the two which will be starting. Another winger is definitely necessary in my opinion.
    Mavididi
  • Sage said:

I like him, I like his attitude and passion and his clear determination to succeed. Something definitely feels a lot more positive this pre season than the others we have had since Powell was in charge. Lots of hard work ahead needed still but it's a very good start.

Am hoping that the exciting news is Holmes or Magennis signing new deals and Reeves to be announced soon too. We all know Dasilva is on his way when he is back.

Well we've actually had a pre season this year which will obviously mean we're better prepared than last year.
  • Sage said:

Reeves
    Da Silva
    Gk
    Stewart - 1 yr deal
    Rb
    Possibly a Striker

Sage said:

Reeves
    Da Silva
    Gk
    Stewart - 1 yr deal
    Rb
    Possibly a Striker

Mavididi
    Well at the moment we have Ceballos.
  • Think Robinson speaks well and hope the team are behind him. I think they are and we will have a good season. Championship play offs in three years. COYR

Reeves
    Da Silva
    Gk
    Stewart - 1 yr deal
    Rb
    Possibly a Striker

A left back and a GK are obviously essential, but I am quite pleasantly surprised that he is talking about 3 or 4 players coming in as it sounds like he does not expect to lose any of his key players

• I'd guess that experienced keeper Dave Martin is one of the signings to be announced.

Robinson well knows Martin's ability and character from their MKD time together.
    And Martin has been in Ireland all week with the squad.