Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Mavididi ?
  • Oggy Red said:

I'd guess that experienced keeper Dave Martin is one of the signings to be announced.

Robinson well knows Martin's ability and character from their MKD time together.
    And Martin has been in Ireland all week with the squad.

As Martin and Cameron Stewart have been with the team and KR in Ireland, they would be more likely to be imminent signings than say Reeves
  • Oggy Red said:

I'd guess that experienced keeper Dave Martin is one of the signings to be announced.

Robinson well knows Martin's ability and character from their MKD time together.

As Martin and Cameron Stewart have been with the team and KR in Ireland, they would be more likely to be imminent signings than say Reeves
    Perhaps reeves is in Ireland too and just not appeared in any of the pictures. Maybe we will find out who has been there / any other trials that have not been announced come the first game of pre season...?

I would be surprised if reeves isn't ANYWHERE during the first few weeks of pre season given he is a free agent and would have at least a trial somewhere.
  • Oggy Red said:

Maybe but Martin needs to keep fit and have a pre season as eventually he will sign for one Club or another.

• Mavididi ?

Robinson hasn't talked about signing a striker. Presumably we only will if one or two strikers leave.
  • Chrispy51 said:

Oggy Red said:

Perhaps reeves is in Ireland too and just not appeared in any of the pictures. Maybe we will find out who has been there / any other trials that have not been announced come the first game of pre season...?

I would be surprised if reeves isn't ANYWHERE during the first few weeks of pre season given he is a free agent and would have at least a trial somewhere.
    I too find the "disappearance" of Reeves quite odd. I think it's fairly certain that he's not staying at MK and his name hasn't really popped up as being linked with anyone other than us or Sheffield United and it would seem that at present he's not at either club getting in a pre season. From what we've seen from Ireland our lads have been putting in a lot of graft and Reeves is probably already well behind most club players. He needs to get his act together otherwise he's really jeopardising his season wherever that is.

• Oggy Red said:

Maybe but Martin needs to keep fit and have a pre season as eventually he will sign for one Club or another.

The same would apply to Reeves. And I imagine that the fitness regime for goalkeepers would be less intense anyway
  • Remember reading somewhere he was linked with Burton!
  • Remember reading somewhere he was linked with Burton!

I heard it was TopShop ...
  • Sponsored links:

• This Reeves saga is dragging out a bit, thought he would be in Ireland with your lot by now.

Instead, he's at our pre-season friendly with Aylesbury today..

Either he's staying with us, there to say goodbye, or simply to watch his mates. Who knows, but its a bit boring now.

Has he been doing preseason training with you?

• Has he been doing preseason training with you?

Nope, this is the literally the first time we've seen him since our final game of last season

Nope, this is the literally the first time we've seen him since our final game of last season
    In that case he is just holding back for the best deal his agent can get him.

• In that case he is just holding back for the best deal his agent can get him.

Yeah that seems to be the general consensus. Someone apparently asked him at the game if he was staying with us and he said he's still undecided.

You would think his agent would have sorted something out for him by now though, the season ended two months ago.

For his sake, I hope he's been keeping in shape, though I doubt it'll be to the same intensity

I imagine having all your mates around you pushes you to that extra 20% of effort which will pay of in August
  • Reeves signed a new deal with MK Dons :(
  • Think that's fake. It's not on the official mk twitter page
  • Looks like an old one where they have changed the date
  • This is from another forum.

The tweet of him signing a new deal was from 2013. some saddo went back that far and retweeted it recently. then edited a clip of it, removing the date.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hands up, just checked their official twitter and no news on Reeves. Sorry for jumping the gun. I'll check my facts next time
  • Still shocks me how much people fall for stuff on Twitter. Old tweets are always coming up and being retweeted. The comments on the Facebook page are something else.
  • Yeah it's definitely an old pic. He's definitely at our Aylesbury pre-season game today though. We're flying out to Hungary tommorow for a week - think it's fair to say if he's on the plane then a very good chance he's staying at MK.
  • I am bored with the whole will he won't he sign.
  • edited July 2017

Has he been doing preseason training with you?

For his sake, I hope he's been keeping in shape, though I doubt it'll be to the same intensity

I imagine having all your mates around you pushes you to that extra 20% of effort which will pay of in August
    Not very professional imo & I'd rather not have him. He's had 2 months to sort any move out & now everyone is back in FULL training he's sitting standing by doing nowt. Yes, he may be keeping himself fit, but as said above, its not the same as being in a structured environment & getting MATCH fit again. At least Holmes is training with us & if he did leave then Sheff U know he's up to speed. If Reeves does sign for us, or anyone else for that matter, he's going to be a few weeks behind everyone & then that's how niggles & muscle injuries happen.
  • Yeah it's definitely an old pic. He's definitely at our Aylesbury pre-season game today though. We're flying out to Hungary tommorow for a week - think it's fair to say if he's on the plane then a very good chance he's staying at MK.

Or likes Goulash

A strange situation, I wonder if he's asking for too much money, and as a result clubs are waiting for him to lower his terms?
  • Could be there to say goodbye to his mates
  • Robinson wants 4 more. One of those is I suspect Martin and another DaSilva. If we do sign two in addition to those then we will repeat the mistakes of every other year under RD. Two or three players short of what we need. Don't see a promotion challenge with what Robinson expects.

My guess is the budget has run out and if we can't shift Tex and Sarr out then we are going to suffer again