Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Someday I hope CAFC are a club that, if players waffle about coming to, we tell them they are not wanted.

It would be nice to be successful enough that we, not potential transfers, can be choosy.
  • Someday I hope CAFC are a club that, if players waffle about coming to, we tell them they are not wanted.

It would be nice to be successful enough that we, not potential transfers, can be choosy.

Would be the same, maybe worse, at a higher level.

The only difference would be the quality of the players and the fees.

That doesn't exist in the modern game.
  • I know the ideal would be to keep Holmes and add Reeves but tbh I'd rather we definitely hang on to Holmes.
  • Apparently Reeves is now not going to Hungary with the MK Dons squad tommorow.

http://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/sport/football/mk-dons/contract-rebel-ben-reeves-sits-on-dons-bench-during-aylesbury-fc-win-1-8047250

This wonderful, epic saga continues......

The MK ITKs strike again. I thought ours were bad.
  • Apparently Reeves is now not going to Hungary with the MK Dons squad tommorow.

http://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/sport/football/mk-dons/contract-rebel-ben-reeves-sits-on-dons-bench-during-aylesbury-fc-win-1-8047250

Hardly going to pay for him to get fit for someone else. Needs to get off the pot.
  • Way too drawn out of a saga for a slightly above average player for another third division team.

If he doesn't want to be here, then we'll move on and look at other players I hope.

Agreed, I don't believe he's that special.
  • Way too drawn out of a saga for a slightly above average player for another third division team.

If he doesn't want to be here, then we'll move on and look at other players I hope.

Agreed, I don't believe he's that special.
    I still think he would be a great signing on a free, but he will not be playing until Xmas if he does not start some serious training soon.
  • I know the Reeves saga is boring etc.. however Everytime I watched him last year he was the best player on the pitch. So would be a brilliant signing.

If however he stays at Mk or signs for Sheff U that ignore my first paragraph.
  • Sponsored links:

• Reeves needs to grow a pair and tell his agent who he wants to play for and fucking get on with it

He's cutting it fine with clubs patience in waiting for his answer. He might well find that he has only MK to fall back on. Charlton, Sheffield United and Burton will only wait so long before moving on to other targets. Clubs will want to get squads built and players with them for the pre season as much as possible.

Doubt MK will offer him anything like what's on offer elsewhere. Silly boy.
  • They did make a big thing of Clarke being our number 10 when he signed so should we even be expecting to sign Reeves? Predicting Da Silva and 1 or two more and then talking up of the youngsters.
  • They did make a big thing of Clarke being our number 10 when he signed so should we even be expecting to sign Reeves? Predicting Da Silva and 1 or two more and then talking up of the youngsters.

KR was talking about Reeves in January and more recently said he wants to sign a number 10.
  • The fact that we made a substantial offer to Bradley Dack and told him he would be first choice in the number 10 role, suggests to me that the Reeves ship has sailed and we are looking elsewhere.
  • This Reeves thing is getting very boring now, he's left himself in a position where if the deal doesn't come from us/Sheffield United/Burton that leaves him unattached or accepting the contract from MK. If we have a list of back up options like Robinson said, surely we should be moving onto those pretty sharpish?
  • Leuth said:

If Watt pulled his fucking finger out he'd be the best number 10 we could possibly hope for

Improve his decision making and work a bit harder and he's the best number 10 outside the Prem, his talent is unquestionable he just needs to match it with work ethic.
  • Reeves is the new Delort.
  • Reeves is the new Delort.

Reeves looks like a dick

• Sponsored links:

• I am 80%+ certain that Jay Dasilva will be joining us.
    From what I have heard about the nature of these deals with Chelsea he had better play consistently well for our sake.
    I expect him to start, and to feature in a lot of the early season first team cup matches.
  • seth plum said:

I am 80%+ certain that Jay Dasilva will be joining us.
    From what I have heard about the nature of these deals with Chelsea he had better play consistently well for our sake.
    I expect him to start, and to feature in a lot of the early season first team cup matches.

Of course he will start. We have no other fit senior left backs!!
  • seth plum said:

I am 80%+ certain that Jay Dasilva will be joining us.

I don't think that'll be much of a problem. Not many better left backs about that'd come to this level.
  • edited July 2017

Apparently Reeves is now not going to Hungary with the MK Dons squad tommorow.

The MK ITKs strike again. I thought ours were bad.
    To be fair, I don't think that journo has a clue either. That ITK twitter account is right 99% of the time - he mentioned that Martin was going to Charlton about a month ago. Also mentioned we were signing a Dutch keeper a week before it was announced and has been right numerous other times. I'm leaning towards Reeves staying at MK with a bit more negotiation.

We need him really, Charlton's squad as it stands looks good for promotion and KR has been there. Marshall a very good L1 signing, hopefully you can keep Holmes - if you do I'd say you were firm favourites for top 6.

The only players of ours that could get into Charlton's first team are Williams (right back - our POTY), Aneke (attacking mid), Cissé (defensive mid) and Reeves.
  • Swisdom said:

Reeves is the new Delort.

Reeves looks like a dick

Delort was a dick
  • Roland's a dick
  • Turpin is a dick
  • Our situation is a bag of dicks