Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Leuth said:

Ross_cafc said:

My issue with Da Silva (and it probably sounds pretty minor) in the handful of games I saw him last year was how slow he was to get wide when we won the ball back in our defensive third. Minor I know but it drove me nuts how he never (in the games I saw) got wide quickly to provide an outlet and we often had to go the other way when that wasn't the best option.

He was our best f**king player (give or take a Holmes) in every single game he started ffs
    I'm happy to boo him if Page doesn't start - much easier to scapegoat all left backs next season. Could we please agree on this?
    I think we need to learn from our mistakes and move forward.

Lets boo a different position from now on.

I agree. It needs to be the player who starts the season off well. Really shatter his confidence and turn him in to being as shit at the rest of the team.
    Or a player asked to step up because of injuries, Aaron Barnes for example, and if he isn't a ready made like for like with the great Chris Solly, then he would be a candidate.
  • seth plum said:

Leuth said:

Ross_cafc said:

My issue with Da Silva (and it probably sounds pretty minor) in the handful of games I saw him last year was how slow he was to get wide when we won the ball back in our defensive third. Minor I know but it drove me nuts how he never (in the games I saw) got wide quickly to provide an outlet and we often had to go the other way when that wasn't the best option.

He was our best f**king player (give or take a Holmes) in every single game he started ffs
    I'm happy to boo him if Page doesn't start - much easier to scapegoat all left backs next season. Could we please agree on this?
    I think we need to learn from our mistakes and move forward.

Lets boo a different position from now on.

I agree. It needs to be the player who starts the season off well. Really shatter his confidence and turn him in to being as shit at the rest of the team.
    Or a player asked to step up because of injuries, Aaron Barnes for example, and if he isn't a ready made like for like with the great Chris Solly, then he would be a candidate.
    we have a winner - Barnes. Maybe even if he's not playing, he could have abuse hurled at him.
  • Leuth said:

Ross_cafc said:

He looked good but I seem to remember him only getting a starting place with about 7 games left (could be wrong) we went on a mini run 5 games from the end, most of which (bar Southend) were against teams relegated or down the bottom

I think he could be okay but I feel we're all getting a bit over excited about a player who we only had a sample of games against shit teams to base it on

I would like him back but I don't know how good he is yet
  • Announcement with new kit or lost them both? Not sure which is more likely.
  • Laddick01 said:

Announcement with new kit or lost them both? Not sure which is more likely.

Nah reckon it'll be Mark Marshall (Marque Signing) and someone like Barnes | Aribo (Youngster Breakthrough) who'll be the guys to model the new kit when it is eventually released...
  • Could be something as simple as the fact that the manager and the communications team are in Ireland and therefore we are waiting until communications department can take a photo of said players with said manager at The Valley/SL and post it online?
  • cabbles said:

Leuth said:

Ross_cafc said:

He looked good but I seem to remember him only getting a starting place with about 7 games left (could be wrong) we went on a mini run 5 games from the end, most of which (bar Southend) were against teams relegated or down the bottom

I think he could be okay but I feel we're all getting a bit over excited about a player who we only had a sample of games against shit teams to base it on

I would like him back but I don't know how good he is yet
    I will tell you ....He is very good...
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought we were awaiting the office pen to return from it's summer holidays
  • I thought we were awaiting the office pen to return from it's summer holidays

It's scarfy that's on holiday
  • We need to shift some players first. Sarr, Texeira etc. Robinson said that we need to sell/ loan. I can't see Reeves or Hodson signing until we lighten the wage bill.
  • edited July 2017
    dickplumb said:

We need to shift some players first. Sarr, Texeira etc. Robinson said that we need to sell/ loan. I can't see Reeves or Hodson signing until we lighten the wage bill.

Can't see a player like Reeves waiting all summer for us and missing out on pre-season.
  • dickplumb said:

We need to shift some players first. Sarr, Texeira etc. Robinson said that we need to sell/ loan. I can't see Reeves or Hodson signing until we lighten the wage bill.

Yes, this has been the case last summer, as Slade found out to his cost, and this.

But shifting Sarr and Tex, etc is easier said that done as Meire has found out to our cost.
  • Scoham said:

dickplumb said:

Can't see a player like Reeves waiting all summer for us and missing out on pre-season.
    Tarbuck will use that as an excuse if we sign Reeves. "Ben didn't have a full pre season, but to be honest we were signing him for next season anyway"
  • _MrDick said:

I thought we were awaiting the office pen to return from it's summer holidays

It's scarfy that's on holiday
    Or they could have mislaid the line and, until they find it, they cannot be sure that any deals have been got across it....
  • Leuth said:

Ross_cafc said:

So? Doesn't change my opinion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scouse Darth Vadar says he wants 3 or 4 more players and there might be something to excite fans over the weekend.

A much more level headed set of comments from him IMHO.
    This is not trying to be negative - didn't he say 5/6 new signings recently? Or was that before we signed a couple?
  • We only need two or three more tbh. Keeper and LB the only mandatory ones

• Scouse Darth Vadar says he wants 3 or 4 more players and there might be something to excite fans over the weekend.

A much more level headed set of comments from him IMHO.
    This is not trying to be negative - didn't he say 5/6 new signings recently? Or was that before we signed a couple?
    Before that he said a GK, RB, LB and number 10. I think when he said 6/7 he must have meant in total.
    Leuth said:

We only need two or three more tbh. Keeper and LB the only mandatory ones

I'd say Reeves or similar as well, for the system he wants to play we can't rely on Clarke as the only experienced option. You play that way partly because you have stand out player in that position, not a youngster who possibly isn't even in his best position (e.g. Aribo or Fosu).
  • Watt? ;)
  • Wouldn't put it past them to announce Holmes, Reeves and maybe somehow Da Silva and Mavididi at the same time. Would be hard to pull off but a smart move and would really raise morale before the first games.