Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• tgarrat1 said:

Tariq Holmes Dennis signed for Pompey - would have welcomed him back at LB

Yeah that's a frustrating one. Hopefully it means that Jay DaSilva is close. Would rather him to THD to be honest, though THD is a good player at this level.
  • That rather suggests THD's level at the moment, going on loan to L1 rather than a Championship club
  • SDAddick said:

tgarrat1 said:

Yeah that's a frustrating one. Hopefully it means that Jay DaSilva is close. Would rather him to THD to be honest, though THD is a good player at this level.
    Dasilva is agreed by all. Just needs DaSilva to sign on the dotted line to make it official.
  • When is he back from tour? Wonder who is LB in Eire. Lennon reckoned he'd be back after season starts no Page, Barnes at home. JJ?
  • Solly LB with Barnes RB?

Maybe 3 at the back?
  • When is he back from tour? Wonder who is LB in Eire. Lennon reckoned he'd be back after season starts no Page, Barnes at home. JJ?

Barnes is in Ireland
  • JamesSeed said:

SDAddick said:

tgarrat1 said:

I'd prefer both of them to Page (based on the few times I've seen him).
    I think Page will be ok, but he needs a run without injury.
    Agreed, don't think he lacks potential
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

how can you write him off? Luke Young was bang average for about three seasons before he kicked on to another level.

Luke warm..
  • Da Silva is only just 19 and has less than 10 starts in pro football, not a chance he'll feature every week even if he's fit but Page is ok to have as a backup in league one though.
  • I am not sure many are writing off Page but he is injured for much of this year. Barnes yes can play LB.
  • So, is that it, have we spent our budget.

Seems completely dead on the transfer front or have I missed something?

You'd think Karl would know better, than to be all gobby about players coming in.

Better to give good news when it happens rather than disappoint.

You'd think Karl would know better, than to be all gobby about players coming in.

Near enough two months left of the transfer window. Bear in mind he probably hasn't seen 4 or 5 of the returning loanees play (Sarr, Ceballos etc).
    Probably wants to have a good look at some of the team in friendlies.. then decide on weak spots.
    But that's just me speculating
  • Sponsored links:

Read the minutes from the fan's meeting. According to KR money isn't an issue but he will need to sell a few. Also it's only July 6th - we've got until the end of August to complete any ins and outs...so a long way to go.
  • Da Silva is only just 19 and has less than 10 starts in pro football, not a chance he'll feature every week even if he's fit but Page is ok to have as a backup in league one though.

Da Silva is obviously a very talented player with a big future but I have reservations about him playing full back due to his height. Surely his future lies in the midfield or on the wing.

Da Silva is obviously a very talented player with a big future but I have reservations about him playing full back due to his height. Surely his future lies in the midfield or on the wing.
    Jordi Alba is 5 ft 6
  • edited July 2017
    There is a long way to go, cafc-west but I thought the idea, was to get players in early, so they could have a good pre season together?

A lot of the problems of the past few seasons, has been players coming in late and not being up to speed and needing to play catch up.

It would be great if we could be well prepared and ready to go, come first game.

Oh well, best laid plans of mice and men, as they say.

He's got a good leap on him, he won more aerial challenges than I expected last season

Jordi Alba is 5 ft 6
    As is Roberto Carlos