Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• I read earlier than Parkes had travelled to Ireland so Martin might also be announced soon I'd think.
  • In a freak training accident today, Ricky Holmes' head was accidentally knocked off by a stray shot from Lee Novak.

His head has been reattached, but Ricky is expected to be out for 36 months.

You forgot to add that Kashi was looking the other way and tripped over Ricky's prone body he too will be out for another 4-years
  • Great news. Feels like a completely new signing!

I expect Sheffield United will now have attempt to unsettle other clubs' players publicly.
    They didn't get their man from Southend either, did they?

• Oggy Red said:

Great news. Feels like a completely new signing!

I expect Sheffield United will now have attempt to unsettle other clubs' players publicly.
    They didn't get their man from Southend either, did they?

Nah we're about to sign him ourselves just to really piss them off ;)
  • Great news and well deserved.
  • Another good bit of news . A player that gives everything for the cause .
  • '“To be fair, all the young lads at Charlton are good ones. The future is definitely bright. Ezri [Konsa] is an exceptional player, there is a good chance he might go in the summer. Joe Aribo is exceptional. Karlan [Ahearne-Grant] is a good player as well, he broke back in at the end of the season.'

From the SLP Bowyer interview.. sounds ominous r.e. Konsa
  • Sponsored links:

• Wouldn't be surprised if Konsa leaves and joins straight back on loan... wont be anywhere near a prem leagues first team right now.
  • I'm the 1st to criticize the regime, but it has to be said, we've had a decent summer so far
  • tgarrat1 said:

'“To be fair, all the young lads at Charlton are good ones. The future is definitely bright. Ezri [Konsa] is an exceptional player, there is a good chance he might go in the summer. Joe Aribo is exceptional. Karlan [Ahearne-Grant] is a good player as well, he broke back in at the end of the season.'

tgarrat1 said:

'“To be fair, all the young lads at Charlton are good ones. The future is definitely bright. Ezri [Konsa] is an exceptional player, there is a good chance he might go in the summer. Joe Aribo is exceptional. Karlan [Ahearne-Grant] is a good player as well, he broke back in at the end of the season.'

He may go on to be a top player, but in terms of next season, Konsa is far less important that the likes of Holmes, Magennis or Pearce, I'd much rather lose him than those 3
    Konsa he'll leave regardless one day as he's young and has potential... It means that the Premier League sides wont want to wait too long before signing him as they wont want a rival signing him and so using him to their advantage should he breakthrough at their First-Team.

Ricky Holmes on the other hand wont be as straight forward in terms of leaving and will only get signed up by a Premier League team after a season in the Premier League, therefore he always had a choice, move to Sheffield United and so play in the Championship now or sign a new Contract with Charlton and attempt to do it with us... Because of that it would be disappointing to see a player not showing patience.
  • edited July 2017
    Holmes, Marshall, Reeves, JFC, Kashi, Pearce, Konsa, DaSilva, Solly are all excellent for this level and have potential to step up to the Championship. If we get Reeves, add a few more to the squad and keep everyone we should be going up this year and be able to build next...just never as smooth as that.

Well done to the club for getting the contract signed... Maybe they are learning lessons having been guided by Tom Rubashaw CARD.
  • I read earlier than Parkes had travelled to Ireland so Martin might also be announced soon I'd think.

I hope Sue likes Guinness.
  • I'm the 1st to criticize the regime, but it has to be said, we've had a decent summer so far

well yes but it's taken them three years to realise how to run a football club somewhere near properly and I don't see why they should get praise for that.
  • Konsa is decent but he is no Gomez, wouldn't be too bothered if he went.
  • IT_Andy said:

Looks like another one of those pub deals.

Well done the club and the Training ground refurb is looking good as well. ;)
  • edited July 2017

Someone Post that on his twitter please that is genius
  • Sponsored links:

I hope Sue likes Guinness.
    Only if it's Free.
  • Are we 100 % sure that is a picture of Holmes?

I can confirm it's definitely not Konsa.
  • hope the pen had a nice holiday

Scarfy is still in Ibiza
  • Dazzler21 said:
    really? He probably doesn't even know what we are protesting about.

• Dazzler21 said:
    really? He probably doesn't even know what we are protesting about.

He should ask his dad
  • that will please Golfie Jnr & will now have to buy him a season ticket. He's been really positive for the past few weeks (unlike his dad sadly) and is convinced we're going to have a good season & if not automatic promotion certainly a top 6 side. I would temper this with the fact that we still need a decent striker who can knock in all the chances we hope to create & not convinced with a 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 formation.