Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Well, we all figured that by now both Konsa and Holmes would be gone.

Instead, we've re-sign Holmes, still have Konsa and have added a couple of quality players.

If we get Reeves and Martin, this would be a shockingly good window compared to expectations.

No @NapaAddick "we" didn't all think that at all. Please don't transpose your views on others
    We all thought Henry Irving would have taken over as owner by now.

Does that work for ya?
  • luke1 said:

luke1 said:

luke1 said:

Nah I'm with Holmes, stop it. CARD has done more damage than Roland in my opinion. Roland won't be around forever but The fans CARD have pursuaded to stay away or fans fed up with match day protests might be lost forever. Not here for an argument, Just my opinion.

You for real.
    Yeah I don't like Roland as much as anyone else, but I don't agree with the manner of the protests. Not the only one bud, quite a few of us.
    in what way?
    As I explained, I think telling fans to stay away will result in fans lost forever. People will find better ways to spend there Saturdays. Don't have the answers but not attending has done no favours for the future of cafc in my oppinion. Anyway this is transfer rumour thread, I know my opinion isn't shared by most of you, but I'll be the first to put my hands up if I'm wrong and ppl do come back once his gone.
    The Belgians have done us no favours for the future of CAFC in my(and thousands of others) opinion.
  • Another derail as ever. Save Card debate for another thread please :)

Great news, squad coming together. Just waiting for the clearout :wink:

The clearout begins in 2020, when Sarr and Teixeira come to the end of their contracts.
  • I hear we had 5,800 season ticket holders last year. If management was gone and SCP was back.... anyone venture a guess at how many would be sold? Double?

11-12,000 if they played it right.
  • Floebot said:

People just can't admit that KM could do something right.. it's almost as if she isn't the devil

She's not exactly in credit is she. Three years and one decent move. Let's call the protests off.

I'll wait and see what happens the rest of the summer first. The squad is still short of what's needed to compete for promotion and that's without cashing in on Konsa which is bound to happen before the end of the season.
  • Looking at the squad we currently have the following:
    GK - Phillips
    FB - Solly, Barnes, Page
    CB - Bauer, Konsa, Tex, Lennon, Sarr, Pearce
    CM - Kashi, Crofts, Jackson, JFC, Aribo
    Attacking midfielders - Holmes, Marshall, Fosu, Clarke, Ceballos
    Strikers - Watt, KAG, Magennis, Novak, Ajose

Likes of Kennedy, Umerah, Hanlan, Charles-Cook and Dijksteel in reserve too.

Everyone calling for the GK (Martin), LB (Da Silva) and AM (Reeves) to sign to complete the squad.

That would mean a squad of 28 players plus the mentioned youngsters. It is turning into a good window but I do worry that we need to shift a few. I just hope we don't fail to offload the unwanted and end up panic selling someone like Konsa for a fraction of the price he should go for.

Martin
    Solly, Bauer, Pearce, Da Silva
    Kashi, JFC
    Marshall, Reeves, Holmes
    Magennis

Phillips
    Barnes, Konsa, Lennon, Page
    Crofts, Aribo
    Fosu, Clarke, Ceballos
    Watt

Would be very happy with the above '2 teams" with Jackson, KAG and Novak completing the full squad. Think it would get us promoted as long as the strikers can get the goals. Would personally bring in another striker and get rid of Watt, wouldn't be surprised if that happens come January. Don't think we need another RB as I would have Konsa there above Barnes if Solly is out.

Would mean Tex, Sarr and Ajose leaving.

Can see Tex staying to be honest. No other club is going to pay that salary and if we're going to subsidise his wages just so he can leave, then we might as well keep him.
    Think KR will play Sarr and Ceballos quite a bit pre season so he can make a decision on them.
    Ajose just doesn't fit the style KR wants to play so he'll surely leave.
  • Well, we all figured that by now both Konsa and Holmes would be gone.

Instead, we've re-sign Holmes, still have Konsa and have added a couple of quality players.

If we get Reeves and Martin, this would be a shockingly good window compared to expectations.

No @NapaAddick "we" didn't all think that at all. Please don't transpose your views on others
    We all thought Henry Irving would have taken over as owner by now.

Does that work for ya?
    No, just as stupid. Own your own views but not others
    GK - Phillips
    FB - Solly, Barnes, Page

Everyone calling for the GK (Martin), LB (Da Silva) and AM (Reeves) to sign to complete the squad.

That would mean a squad of 28 players plus the mentioned youngsters. It is turning into a good window but I do worry that we need to shift a few. I just hope we don't fail to offload the unwanted and end up panic selling someone like Konsa for a fraction of the price he should go for.

Martin
    Kashi, JFC
    Marshall, Reeves, Holmes
    Magennis

Phillips
    Crofts, Aribo
    Fosu, Clarke, Ceballos
    Watt

Would be very happy with the above '2 teams" with Jackson, KAG and Novak completing the full squad. Think it would get us promoted as long as the strikers can get the goals. Would personally bring in another striker and get rid of Watt, wouldn't be surprised if that happens come January. Don't think we need another RB as I would have Konsa there above Barnes if Solly is out.

Can see Tex staying to be honest. No other club is going to pay that salary and if we're going to subsidise his wages just so he can leave, then we might as well keep him.
    Think KR will play Sarr and Ceballos quite a bit pre season so he can make a decision on them.
    Ajose just doesn't fit the style KR wants to play so he'll surely leave.
    Will also mean others can have a look as well.

I thought it was intresting that Tex played right back. I thought KAG had filled out and put in a good performance as did Aribo. (Only got to watch second half).
  • I think you need to grow a sense of humor. How is that for having my own view?
  • I think you need to grow a sense of humor. How is that for having my own view?

That's fine. Completely wrong but at least it's your view and you're not claiming to speak for others.

And it's "humour" : -)
  • Sponsored links:

• I think you make a good point.If he features well over the next few games he could be the answer.If Kashi stays fit he would be like a new signing for us as he is pure Quality
  • Leuth said:

Could it be that KR has seen Ceballos and suddenly gone cold on Reeves?

Doubt it, he's a player he was openly talking about as far back as January. Still hasn't signed for anyone yet either.
  • Thought tex done well at RB. Can't see him getting back in at CB after Sarrs performance first half. Though KAG done well.mom for me.
  • Of the squad we currently have I'd sell Lennon and one of Watt and Ajose
  • Thought tex done well at RB. Can't see him getting back in at CB after Sarrs performance first half. Though KAG done well.mom for me.

I think Aribo edged him. I though his decision making was a bit better and that was a superb pass for Home's goal. Just the sort of attacking play we will be looking for from the 3 front mf.

Next game against much better opposition will be intresting.

Was Nabby really any good? What did he do?
  • sam3110 said:

Of the squad we currently have I'd sell Lennon and one of Watt and Ajose

Strange that Lennon didnt feature last night... Is he still recuperating from injury?

Thought tex done well at RB. Can't see him getting back in at CB after Sarrs performance first half. Though KAG done well.mom for me.

Its strange position to put him in because I thought Teixeira was a left footed CB?
  • Tex is very comfortable anywhere across the back four.If we can't offload him - then he will s a very useful player to have provided he stays motivated as I can't see KR playing him regularly
  • sam3110 said:

Of the squad we currently have I'd sell Lennon and one of Watt and Ajose

Strange that Lennon didnt feature last night... Is he still recuperating from injury?

Thought tex done well at RB. Can't see him getting back in at CB after Sarrs performance first half. Though KAG done well.mom for me.

Its strange position to put him in because I thought Teixeira was a left footed CB?
    Tex, Bauer and Konsa are right footed, Sarr, Lennon and Pearce left footed.
  • Sponsored links:

• The cross on the run from KAG where Magennis fluffed it was excellent. Superb cross
  • Scoham said:

Leuth said:

Doubt it, he's a player he was openly talking about as far back as January. Still hasn't signed for anyone yet either.
    Karl did go to St Truiden last season and saw Ceballos play well, I believe.
  • Leuth said:

That'll be the excuse.
    GK - Phillips
    FB - Solly, Barnes, Page

Martin
    Kashi, JFC
    Marshall, Reeves, Holmes
    Magennis

Phillips
    Crofts, Aribo
    Fosu, Clarke, Ceballos
    Watt

This isn't a dig cafcfan1990 but with Page being out until October I don't think we should rely on seeing him until after the January transfer window - based on previous long term injuries. if we sign De Silva we might get away with juggling the rest of the squad but I'd be happier with two dedicated left backs on the books that are fit to play.
  • Tex has played RB for us before, in the home FA Cup match against MKD I think.

Really hard to judge CBs (such as Sarr) against such weak opposition, it's like when England play someone like Malta, you know that the 5-0 win gives no indication if Stones is up to the job when we play Germany.
  • Simonsen said:

Scoham said:

Leuth said:

Karl did go to St Truiden last season and saw Ceballos play well, I believe.
    Even then Ceballos may be seen as one of four wingers rather than the "number 10". There's room in the squad for both.
  • I was kicking about Sarr. Hard to judge anyone really the opposition was not up to much.
    GK - Phillips
    FB - Solly, Barnes, Page

Martin
    Kashi, JFC
    Marshall, Reeves, Holmes
    Magennis

Phillips
    Crofts, Aribo
    Fosu, Clarke, Ceballos
    Watt

This isn't a dig cafcfan1990 but with Page being out until October I don't think we should rely on seeing him until after the January transfer window - based on previous long term injuries. if we sign De Silva we might get away with juggling the rest of the squad but I'd be happier with two dedicated left backs on the books that are fit to play.
    Fair point and in an ideal world I agree. Can't see us signing 2 LB's on loan though.

I think Lennon, Barnes, Edwards and Jackson (lol) will be the cover
  • Any rumours?